Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2008 V70 D5 SE Geartronic

Views : 1303

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 21st, 2020, 13:41   #1
Matty71

Default 2008 V70 D5 SE Geartronic

Hi For Sale Volvo V70 D5 SE
123k Full service History
Last serviced at 119k
Cam belt and water pump replaced at 95k 2016
It currently has a CEM fault which is going to cost the best part of £950 at Volvo to put right. It has been intermittent and currently none of the climate controls or stereo works. I’ve had the window screen resealed and the work was due to be carried out last week but low and behold everything work perfectly when taken in and two days after. I started her Saturday and again the fault has appeared. I’m totally p!sped off with it and want rid as I’ve since purchased an XC90.
There is also water getting into the car somewhere as it is wet in the footwell behind the front passenger seat. Not sure from where and it needs investigating and I simply have given up looking and trying to find its source.
The car has a full service history with most being at Volvo dealers and I used an independent for the last one.
Fully stamped service book
Recent power steering pump
New battery
Nearly new front tyres
In very good clean condition
I paid 4K last February
Mot until January 29th 2021
Taking into consideration the cost of the part and fault I’m looking for £2.5k
If you’re electrical and mechanically minded then it’s a bargain if you’ve got the time and patience. The engine and gearbox are superb and no knocks or bangs from the suspension. I appreciate it has a short MOT but has only done 5k this year and will fly through.
Really would like it gone before Xmas and any more info or pics required please message me. The car is located in Heathfield East Sussex
Car is currently on a private plate will change it shortly.
Thanks Matt
Matty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 14:35   #2
Matty71

Default Update

After taking out the passenger seat out and lifting up the carpet low and behold absolutely sodden and foot wells swimming in water. Carpets are out and drying ( going to take a while) the windscreen was obviously leaking for ages without me knowing. Hopefully now it’s sealed properly no more will get in, just case of drying everything out now and it’s f**king raining again. I’m going to put a new MOT on it next week. I will re advertise when everything is up and running again!
Matty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:00   #3
Matty71

Default Update

New CEM
New MOT 29/01/22
Window Screen taken out and resealed
Carpets taken out and dried and refitted
Car is now completely dry and water tight
All recent work carried out costing £1094!
For Sale
Volvo V70 2008 SE D5 Geartronic
Blue
Full service history
Cam belt and water pump done at 95k
Full leather
Fully stamped service book
New power steering pump
New Battery
Last serviced at 119k
Overall very good condition
Any more information and pictures on request