Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2016 T3 V60 concerns

Views : 585

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2022, 17:06   #1
innocent2k

Default MY2016 T3 V60 concerns

Hi all,

I just purchased a very nice V60 T3 R-Design 1.5L automatic. First of all, I just love every single bit about the car and how it drives.

However, some warnings from others about the transmissions did come up.... (obviously non-Volvo people, so it may very well be some standard brand rivalry!)

This car have an Aisin TF71-SC, car has 80500km on the odo. Apparently never before flushed, but I am going to do that soon. But did I once more neglect doing my research buying myself more trouble, or is this a reliable engine/transmission-combo? Hope that someone can shed some light on this.
innocent2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 13:05   #2
innocent2k

So, still quietly hoping to get some response on this model Reading the original message now I realize it may have had a certain attitude to it, which was absolutely not my intention so apologizing for that if that was the case.

I'm also interested if this particular model have any weaknesses in regards to my extended two year warranty so that I know if there's anything I need to look out for.

A few more days have passed, and my general perception of this car is that it's a much better choice for me than my previous one (Avensis 1.8 Petrol, 147HP). Much smoother drive, more comfortable, more steady on the road... and despite the smaller engine car is just so much more powerful and quicker to respond. I was seriously not expecting this much of a difference between the two on that area.

Another question that I have, I did discover my car is equipped with the sports mode program. Is it normal that gear shifts are a bit harsher using this, especially when slowing down?
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 17:52   #3
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

As I understand it the TF70 is the smaller brother of the TF80 used in the diesel models - still six speed but 300Nm max torque rather than 450 on the TF80.

Like it's bigger brother, it's used by many other manufacturers in many other cars and if well maintained it will likely be very reliable.

80kms is a good time to change the fluid, but make sure the correct one is used (it will be documented in your owners manual).
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 18:08   #4
innocent2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
As I understand it the TF70 is the smaller brother of the TF80 used in the diesel models - still six speed but 300Nm max torque rather than 450 on the TF80.

Like it's bigger brother, it's used by many other manufacturers in many other cars and if well maintained it will likely be very reliable.

80kms is a good time to change the fluid, but make sure the correct one is used (it will be documented in your owners manual).

It is the TF71, but probably a variant of the TF70 Yes, I've booked an appointment to change the oil now and pointed out it was important with the correct oil. Apparently the system they use to flush transmissions is delivered as a complete service, where the manufacturer keeps log of all oils for each individual transmissions so they told me not to worry about that part.

Glad to hear it is likely to be a reliable transmission at least. I invested some extra money in getting the Geartronic rather than the Powershift. I was initially aiming for a 2013 or 2014 T3, but then read about the shift to Geartronic in mid 2015 and a fully equipped 2016 R-Design showed up and seemed to be taken very well care of.. test drove the car and immediately fell in love

Used to have a V50 before that Avensis, which is probably also why I hated the Avensis so much that I just had to replace it a little after a year.