Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

iOS 4.3 - it works!!

Views : 5086

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2011, 22:17   #21
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNeail View Post
Mmmm.... so I cure the Volvo connectivity issue with this update (vastly important!) only to find Apple have messed up wifi connectivity in this release... Boo Hiss yet again to Apple...
there's an easy solution.... don't buy apple. i've survived life so far without apple products. although saying that i do buy from itunes, but i convert those to mp3 as soon as i can.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 22:06   #22
JNeail

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
there's an easy solution.... don't buy apple. i've survived life so far without apple products. although saying that i do buy from itunes, but i convert those to mp3 as soon as i can.
You know you are very right... I'm losing faith in Apple products, stability and compatibility of their iOS updates are just not funny any more... I'm thinking about picking up a Zune HD whilst in Redmond, next month... although that will never work in the Volvo though I guess...

JNeail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 23:13   #23
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
You know you are very right... I'm losing faith in Apple products, stability and compatibility of their iOS updates are just not funny any more... I'm thinking about picking up a Zune HD whilst in Redmond, next month... although that will never work in the Volvo though I guess...
have you considered simply using a usb stick? i guess you get the advantage of playlists and different types of music ordering when using apple products, and maybe other functions i'm not aware of.

what you can do with a memory stick is pretty limited, but you can get some kind of ordering if you want it. if you don't specify a folder/ sub-folder or track (which you can do using the steering controls), the player will go through the folders and then the tracks within each folder in the order they were written to the stick. that said you can get free tools, such as fat sorter, that will sort everything in alpha-numeric order so you can have some kind of control over category and track order if you want it. alternatively you can switch random or random in a folder on. you can only play wav or mp3 using a memory stick though. i think a hard rive operates similar to a stick.
82 Metro 1.0
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 21:44   #24
Philpottig
Better than an X3 or Q5

Updated to 4.3 on iPhone 4 works as it should
Philpottig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 00:03   #25
Dean Bryant

Default 4.3 still not working

I installed 4.3 the day it was released on my iphone 3gs and still no music on usb or ipod connections,sometimes get 30 secs on ipod connection then it cuts off.
Dean Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 09:56   #26
JNeail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskit View Post
I've just downloaded the new iOS 4.3 to my iPhone and I'm delighted to say that my car can finally read it again. Hopefully no more "USB unreadable" messages.

Dare I ask... has anyone tried iOS 4.3.1 (out today!).... again I will hold back for few days to see what the feeling is..

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 11:14   #27
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Dare I ask... has anyone tried iOS 4.3.1 (out today!).... again I will hold back for few days to see what the feeling is..
you'll find that when o/s upgrades occur, e.g. windows, linux, solaris, aix, osx, bb os etc, etc large corporates leave their upgrades to as late as possible. this allows others to discover all the bugs etc that could seriously affect the business. the only time a large corporate would seriously consider migrating sooner would be if there was enough of a justification to do so, e.g. risk mitigation due to security flaws, massive return on investment through efficiency savings or enhanced functionality, or a bug fix which is causing a current or reoccurring issue.

therefore, your idea of holding back at least a few days is the right way to go! unless there's a compelling reason to migrate, you might not want to bother at all.
82 Metro 1.0
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 14:38   #28
Gaskit

Default 4.3.1 - all working well

I updated to 4.3.1 on Friday when it was released and all is working very smoothly with no gitches so far! Both bluetooth and USB are working well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaskit For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 14:44   #29
Ergomikey

Thumbs up

Just finished the update to 4.3.1. Everthing seems to be working very well so far. No more 'USB Unreadable'. Hooray!!!
Ergomikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ergomikey For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 15:53   #30
JNeail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergomikey View Post
Just finished the update to 4.3.1. Everthing seems to be working very well so far. No more 'USB Unreadable'. Hooray!!!
I might give it a go at some point in the next week or so then...