Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Free Home Charger

Views : 6421

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2021, 22:23   #41
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw197 View Post
Having done a bit of Googling the chargers seem to be rather basic. If I can pay an extra £50 and get a better one I think I will do that.
Can you elaborate on basic? I have the home advanced which is the one that is part of the offer and for an extra £75 you get the 5m tethered cable. You can get the cards free of charge which are shell recharge branded and you just tap your card on the home charger to turn it on. Personally that adds security to the system so you know that only you with the card can use it. It also is linked up to the internet so any firmware updates are pushed to it and it tracks how much you use for each charge. Really fast charging and Pre conditioning via the Volvo app works with it too 😊
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 14:51   #42
Phil55

Default Still waiting

I completed the survey with New Motion at the end of June. After emailing them a couple of times to check on the progress or lack of it, I received my charge card and an order number about 3 months ago but have heard nothing since. Time is running out to claim the £350 government grant. I am still waiting for a reply to my latest email so just wondered about the experience other members have had.
Thanks.
Phil55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 21:05   #43
Harni

Does anyone know if the car charger offer is still on? Last week I had a S60 PE delivered from a dealers in Wales who are telling me the offer finished a while ago however my local dealers who will look after the car are adamant it is still on.
Harni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 21:24   #44
Lozzingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil55 View Post
I completed the survey with New Motion at the end of June. After emailing them a couple of times to check on the progress or lack of it, I received my charge card and an order number about 3 months ago but have heard nothing since. Time is running out to claim the £350 government grant. I am still waiting for a reply to my latest email so just wondered about the experience other members have had.
Thanks.
Hi,
I was about the same time in June July. I kept chasing up, then about a month ago got an option to speed up the process by having a newer wifi only style, not the original advanced with sin card ( that seems to be the chip shortage issue). Mine gets installed on the 7th Jan. Was very close to cancelling it all and claiming the £500 from Volvo and just charge slower from the 3pin at home. Not the worst thing really, but am looking forward to slightly faster charging!
Do call and chase up as I did a few times, it may have helped, who knows!
Happy Christmas all 😊
Ex:MY22 XC90 T8 R Design-Grey
Ex:MY17 XC90 D5 PP -Grey
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 14:54   #45
minimvsuk

Default Also still waiting….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil55 View Post
Thanks.

Based in York as you seem to be too!

Survey end of July, power supply upgrade works completed August, charger install due September but cancelled the day before quoting chip shortage. Have chased NewMotion several times - last update early December when they said that the power company hadn’t told them they’d carried out the electrical upgrade needed and then a few days later said they hadn’t received authorisation from the power company to install the charger unit. Completely contradicting their September update.

I now can’t get NewMotion to respond to emails or answer the phone.

Overall experience - not impressed!
minimvsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 17:05   #46
Phil55

When we bought the car we were told the offer ended at the end of June but a few weeks later I noticed it had been extended to the end of September. I have not seen any extension to that date but have not really looked to be honest.
Phil55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 17:04   #47
minimvsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimvsuk View Post
Based in York as you seem to be too!

Survey end of July, power supply upgrade works completed August, charger install due September but cancelled the day before quoting chip shortage. Have chased NewMotion several times - last update early December when they said that the power company hadn’t told them they’d carried out the electrical upgrade needed and then a few days later said they hadn’t received authorisation from the power company to install the charger unit. Completely contradicting their September update.

I now can’t get NewMotion to respond to emails or answer the phone.

Overall experience - not impressed!
After several phone calls and emails, I have an installation date for my home charger in February!
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 17:05   #48
minimvsuk

After several phone calls and emails, I have an installation date for my home charger in February!
Old Jan 24th, 2022, 10:53   #49
Lozzingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimvsuk View Post
Nice well done! We had ours done a week or 2 ago, after buying our T8 in July! Is great having it charge quicker especially in these cold times, and allowing the car to pre-heat (I only give it 5 mins, not 30 mins!) without losing battery power. Would be nice to be able to use 7.2Kwh into the car, but not the end of the world!
Do go for the 8m tethered cable if you can, it's always useful having spare length.
Ex:MY22 XC90 T8 R Design-Grey
Ex:MY17 XC90 D5 PP -Grey
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote