Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5R Wanted

Views : 1507

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2015, 16:06   #1
T5RLover

Default T5R Wanted

Hi all

I am looking for a T5R Estate. I won't be able to buy it before the end of January, but I am genuinely looking for one. I am based in London, I'd prefer to buy one thats been loved and once I own it, it will be looked after and used daily. My preference would be for black or green, though yellow is cool too.

Thanks
Martin
T5RLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2015, 11:25   #2
Shinsplintz 101

Default here's one you for you......

How about this bad boy:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...ign=trovitcars

Just found this on the old interweb. Probably isn't as bad as it looks, just some slight cosmetic rebalancing & it'd be a good un. Probably a bit steep too - really only worth £1800 in that condition & an auto.

Good luck with the search, they're pretty thin on the ground now!
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 29th, 2015, 21:07   #3
T5RLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
How about this bad boy:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...ign=trovitcars

Just found this on the old interweb. Probably isn't as bad as it looks, just some slight cosmetic rebalancing & it'd be a good un. Probably a bit steep too - really only worth £1800 in that condition & an auto.

Good luck with the search, they're pretty thin on the ground now!
Thank you for that. I can't find an estate advertised anywhere. I don't think I could live with that one as it would take too much to get it back to how it should look (The orange paint etc.). I am really grateful for your post, thank you.
All the best
Martin
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 09:16   #4
kevvydude
Premier Member

there is one on volvo only for sale and wanted on fb. 133000 mls its mint 1600 quid in green. the guys no 07968183481. he,s located in birmingham, his name is Dana hope it helps.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Last edited by kevvydude; Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:11.
kevvydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 10:58   #5
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Martin
That makes 2 of us !!

Just to make you feel good I have been searching for 6 months and Dana has been on the look out for 4 months for me and no joy.

Like me you will have faced the same dilemma - motas I would describe as dog and whether they are dog or mint owners demanding silly money even when they need significant work. I have walked away on several occasions.

When I last spoke with Dana he had sold the green one - I hope for your sake this proves to be incorrect, although I have never seen it in the flesh it is a crackin looking motor from the images but regrettably for me an auto, owise I would hav snapped it up a couple of months ago !

Best of luck

Paul
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 17:20   #6
T5RLover

Thanks Kevvy and Bigfella

I have spoken to Dana and I am going to see him in late January. I can't really buy anything till I get back from a work trip, I've got too much on my plate till the end of January.

RE The Yellow T5R, are they really £10K cars, even in great condition? It doesn't make sense to me.
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 17:53   #7
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Martin

Your question really follows on from my initial reply - a T5R gul is a £10k car - if you are stupid enough to pay it and lucky enough to have some mug offering it !

There was one on eBay shortly before Christmas 130 k on the clock, looked in v good condition. The woman selling could not even be bothered to reply to my emails yet it went for £5600 I believe. As I said previously if is a real battle - oh and yes she was yet another one professing to be insistent on selling to an enthusiast - don't make me laugh !

If you see a nice manual in mint condition please let me know, don't know if you fussy about transmission but if I see anything not suitable for me will let you know.

Paul
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 20:56   #8
T5RLover

I can see me ending up with more than one Volvo Estate. Its the perfect thing for me. I had an ML Merc and I chopped that for a Jag XJ TDVi, then got bored of paying for the upkeep (Ridiculous stuff like light ballasts going 3 times and cat pipes) and bought a new C4 Citroen. Its just not big enough, nor fun enough, so its going. I've got 2 kids, I want something that can eat the motorway up when we all travel. I reckon I might end up with a T5R and a V70R AWD Manual.
Old Jan 3rd, 2016, 18:26   #9
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Martin

Your desire to have fun is clearly far deeper than my pocket ! If you are interested I have just spoken to Dana and he has acquired an S60R in the very sought after mid blue the name of which I cannot recall.

I can just picture this and the 850 gul you are after on your drive ..............

Dana had also just acquired a gul 850r which needs a lot of work ..............

Paul
Old Jan 3rd, 2016, 18:51   #10
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Martin

Your desire to have fun is clearly far deeper than my pocket ! If you are interested I have just spoken to Dana and he has acquired an S60R in the very sought after mid blue the name of which I cannot recall.

I can just picture this and the 850 gul you are after on your drive ..............

Dana had also just acquired a gul 850r which needs a lot of work ..............

Paul