Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Somerset section inaugral meeting

Views : 2364

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 11:37   #1
Volvotrekker

Smile Somerset section inaugral meeting

Somerset Section is starting up! Come along to the inaugral meet on Thursday 21st February from 7.30pm. Initial venue will be The Crown Inn, (formerly The Rumwell) along Wellington Road, Bishops Hull, Taunton, Somerset TA4 1EL
their Tel no. 01823 461662.

If enough support, further meets will be every 3rd Thursday from 7.30pm, if possible let me know if you can make it (helps with space allocation in the pub) ideas for future events welcome please. Fingers crossed for a successful event!

See you There, any queries please contact, email (phone number in Volvo Driver)

Julie Pownall
Volvotrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 20:15   #2
tj101c70

Its in the plan to be there Julie
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tj101c70 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 20:23   #3
Audrey Old
VOC Member

I wish you well with your new section meeting: we have journeyed to the Portsmouth meetings occasionally but Taunton and back from the Worthing area is asking too much !

Our Sussex Section meetings are a bit quiet in winter, but will hopefully pick up when the weather improves, so stay with it. Even if visitors are "one-timers" feel proud that you may have convinced locals that they aint the only Volvo enthusiasts in the area: they always come back - eventually.

Paul and Audrey
Organisers of the Sussex VOC Section
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Audrey Old For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 23:40   #4
Volvotrekker

Smile Thanks Audrey and Paul

Thanks Audrey & Paul for the support,

We had a great first evening, some travelling quite a distance in the bitter cold, hopefully more will join us next time, its a start!

We used to live near you a few years ago, nr Chichester! Often want to return there for a visit might pop in to a meeting!

Hope to see you at a VOC event sometime and good luck with the section meetings etc.,

Julie & Mark,
Somerset Section VOC
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 23:47   #5
coastie123
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvotrekker View Post
Somerset Section is starting up! Come along to the inaugral meet on Thursday 21st February from 7.30pm. Initial venue will be The Crown Inn, (formerly The Rumwell) along Wellington Road, Bishops Hull, Taunton, Somerset TA4 1EL
their Tel no. 01823 461662.

If enough support, further meets will be every 3rd Thursday from 7.30pm, if possible let me know if you can make it (helps with space allocation in the pub) ideas for future events welcome please. Fingers crossed for a successful event!

See you There, any queries please contact, email (phone number in Volvo Driver)

Julie Pownall
Damn only just seen this!!!

If it definately happens again then i will be along at somepoint (once it's fixed!!)
coastie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 23:50   #6
Volvotrekker

Smile

Hi Everyone,

Following our first successful Somerset section meeting:- Thanks for attending to all on a bitterly cold night! True volvotrekkers!!
Note for the diary
Sunday 12th May, please find the Swedish Day information on the following website www.swedishday.co.uk,
I would suggest getting a form if you are attending (though it does say they will accept on the day)- you will need to email robin@swedishday.co.uk to obtain a copy or write Swedish Day
10 Arundel Road, Yeovil, BA21 5JZ

I will do a few spare copies for next meeting

The Swedish day event starts at 10am - 4pm ) reduced entry to museum.

Somerset section VOC will be setting off from The Blackbrook Tavern travelling along A303,briefly stopping off at Podimore services, Nr Yeovil, to meet others, if possible please be at Blackbrook by 8.45 takes around 45minutes travel time if traffic is ok, hoping to arrive before 10am.....

Next meeting set for Thursday 21st March at 7.30, Crown Inn, Wellington Road, Taunton

A Facebook page has been proposed and will be set up shortly, so that events can be posted for Somerset VOC members, will notify when this is live. Keep a check on the forum as well, if you don't have access to Facebook

Ideas for monthly meets welcome, e.g. quizzes, films, talks, etc.,
See you next meeting, partners welcome
Julie & Mark
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 23:57   #7
Volvotrekker

Smile Someset section

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie123 View Post
Damn only just seen this!!!

If it definately happens again then i will be along at somepoint (once it's fixed!!)

Shame you missed the first one, but Yes, definitely on for next month Thurs 21st 7.30pm, at the Crown Inn (formerly the Rumwell), Wellington Road, Taunton TA1 4EL The Somerset Section will hopefully be in April issue of VOC Driver mag, check forum and Facebook page to be started soon

Have a look at the Swedish Day event at Haynes Motor museum, Sparkford on May 12th

Cheers
Julie & Mark

Last edited by Volvotrekker; Feb 23rd, 2013 at 00:06.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 00:00   #8
Volvotrekker

Smile A great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj101c70 View Post
Its in the plan to be there Julie
Thanks for your support Tim
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 20:13   #9
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Wellington eh - suppose you know a certain Volvo dealer north of town? We live in Lancing but my car store is near Chichester.

Regret we don't have as many regulars at our meetings as before due a variety of reasons; moving away (7 members!) and selling classic Volvo. However, we have two new owners of Volvo's locally so always hope they will stay.

If you and others of your new section are into older Volvo's you won't beat a visit to the Portsmouth Section, at a pub NW of town. On a good day they can muster a wide range of older Volvo's, from Amazons upwards. Perhaps you could pencil-in a trip to the Southern BKV near there in May (date in mag), where we could all meet up. We know most of the Portsmouth crowd as we swap visits sometimes, and know you'll be made most welcome.

Paul & Audrey
Sussex Section
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:13   #10
Volvotrekker

Default Southern BKV

This would be great, I remember the Fort near Portsmouth, and I am certainly a lover of the older Volvo's, though sadly not an owner of one, as I have a V40 (13 years old, so getting there!), my oldest was a 480 year 92(miss that one!) would love an Amazon at some point, or a P1800 (in my dreams!)

I will let the others know, though the Swedish Day at Haynes Motor museum is the previous weekend on 12th May, a little close for some maybe. However, myself and other half will probably come up, and perhaps make a short holiday in the area., lets hope the weather is kinder this year!

I hope you maintain the club members in your area, we have no idea at this stage, but I think it will be a steady climb, and we'll keep going. Do you hold regular quizzes or talks, or just meet for a natter, I've asked for ideas, but I know I shall have to start things off....

Julie & Mark