Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

20" alloys with tyres

Views : 1871

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 21:35   #1
Shutterbug

Default 20" alloys with tyres

I'm selling our 9j alloys with the tyres still on. I can put photos on soon (when its daylight) but they are near perfect condition - one of them has a slight scuff, thats it! They're 5 spoke brushed/satin aluminium. I'm sorry I don't know the technical terms.

The tyres on it are 295/45/20 and have a few miles life in them - i think they are at about 4mm right now.

They certainly make the car look mega meaty and are what made us want that particular car, but as they protrude from the car slightly, I'm worried about being done for it. I think they'd be fine on a R design XC90 though as that model has the wheel arch extensions. Or if you aren't as paranoid as I am, then they definitely add to the car!

£950 o.n.o for all 4 with pickup from Tarporley, near Chester, Cheshire or I'm happy to coordinate with a courier for them to be picked up.
Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 21:35   #2
Shutterbug

Forgot to say that they're about 8 months old with about 8-9,000 miles on the tyres.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 13:03   #3
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Forgot to say that they're about 8 months old with about 8-9,000 miles on the tyres.
Any Pics no someone who may be interested ?
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 22:39   #4
Shutterbug

Hope that worked! These are further details;

4 x Team Dynamics “Rimfire 5”, 9J 20 inch Alloy Wheels in Hyper Silver with 5 studs.

295/40/R20 106V Tyres

The wheels / alloys are near perfect – basically just a bit muddy, but for the one I took the photo of it came off really easily. My husband has told me that one wheel has a slight graze which should polish out, but I looked for it to photograph and couldn’t find it, so as soon as I can I’ll get him to point it out and I’ll add the photo.

The tyres have done about 8,000 miles (as we bought the car with them on I’ve just gone through service records to back track on the mileage) and they have some life left in them, but how much I don’t know.

My mechanic has told me that the wheels will fit most standard 5 stud cars, and from what I’ve looked at online it seems to be the case, but please check first. Websites with the wheels on are:

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main...roduct_id=3339

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/20_In...ler__P1225_448

These wheels cost over £1,000 new, so they are a bargain, and its such a shame to see them go – our Volvo certainly doesn’t look as much of a beast anymore ;(

Pick up will be preferred (I'm in Cheshire) but I’m happy to co-ordinate with a courier – I’ve got nothing to wrap them in though.

Open to offers!

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 15:46   #5
reggie59

Quote:

Hope that worked! These are further details;

4 x Team Dynamics “Rimfire 5”, 9J 20 inch Alloy Wheels in Hyper Silver with 5 studs.

295/40/R20 106V Tyres

The wheels / alloys are near perfect – basically just a bit muddy, but for the one I took the photo of it came off really easily. My husband has told me that one wheel has a slight graze which should polish out, but I looked for it to photograph and couldn’t find it, so as soon as I can I’ll get him to point it out and I’ll add the photo.

The tyres have done about 8,000 miles (as we bought the car with them on I’ve just gone through service records to back track on the mileage) and they have some life left in them, but how much I don’t know.

My mechanic has told me that the wheels will fit most standard 5 stud cars, and from what I’ve looked at online it seems to be the case, but please check first. Websites with the wheels on are:

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main...roduct_id=3339

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/20_In...ler__P1225_448

These wheels cost over £1,000 new, so they are a bargain, and its such a shame to see them go – our Volvo certainly doesn’t look as much of a beast anymore ;(

Pick up will be preferred (I'm in Cheshire) but I’m happy to co-ordinate with a courier – I’ve got nothing to wrap them in though.

Open to offers!

Any questions please feel free to ask.
wheels are nice but brand new with brand tyres at about £1,200, I am struggling to understand where the bargain is at £950 and 4mm left on the tyres. Have I missed something?
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 18:55   #6
Shutterbug

Sorry, I've just re-read my original post - it was meant to read £450!!! No wonder there was NO interest - Wally :blush:

I have them on ebay at the moment for £400 but would rather sell them privately. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120695382044&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 21:10   #7
Matt B

Quote:
Sorry, I've just re-read my original post - it was meant to read £450!!! No wonder there was NO interest - Wally :blush:

I have them on ebay at the moment for £400 but would rather sell them privately. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120695382044&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT
Any pics of these on the car?
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 21:22   #8
Shutterbug

I'll see what I can dig out but I don't think so
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 21:27   #9
Shutterbug

Apologies for the awful photo of little old me :S That was after 8 solid hours of cleaning the car after we'd just bought it - it was foul inside!

Oh how I miss those wheels ;( they made Brutus look so mean!
Old May 29th, 2011, 22:27   #10
robokn

Hi are these still for sale???
robokn is offline   Reply With Quote