Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Upgrade heated steering wheel, folding mirrors or boot close

Views : 4603

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2017, 21:46   #11
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Well if you want a rear view camera you have to spec the wiring for it at the factory as it can't be added by the main dealer afterwards if you don't.

Roy
Had rear camera fitted after 2 years by dealer no problem
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 21:54   #12
Pitvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffking View Post
I have added the heated steering wheel http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/pr.../31373979.html but you also need the clock spring (wiring round the steering column), switch and VIDA. I tried manually wiring mine in, which worked but kept catching when turning the wheel.
Good news - did you manage to buy a "bare wheel" and reuse the switches, airbag etc or was i the full kit? Thanks
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 00:22   #13
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
I thought all XC60's came with folding mirrors as standard? Even our previous base model V40 had them.

I wouldn't bother with the self closing boot. I think the heated steering wheel won't cost that much though.

Roy
No, the base-level R-Design does not have these (nor the remote boot release).
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 00:50   #14
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Had rear camera fitted after 2 years by dealer no problem
2015 onwards unless they've changed it again.

Roy
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 17:30   #15
Pitvar

First quote for mirrors £800 fitted - too dear but the kit is only £380... still awaiting a cost for the steering wheel/confirmation it can be done.

Sadly one Volvo dealer told me folding mirrors just couldn't be done and talked to me like I was an idiot [after I'd pointed out they come up as an aftermarket accessory on MyVolvo for my car] - ironically I would probably have gone to them if the cost had been right - not any more!
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 07:36   #16
muffking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitvar View Post
Good news - did you manage to buy a "bare wheel" and reuse the switches, airbag etc or was i the full kit? Thanks
Yep, I bought a bare heated R-Design steering wheel and then fitted the airbag, trim and switches from my SE steering wheel on to it. It was all transferrable, but then I was left with a 2-pin plug for the heater part of the steering wheel which I connected directly to the battery to test it and it all worked ok, but I couldn't find a reasonable price on the clock spring wiring (squib), so the heater is disconnected for now.

FYI the airbag clips are a bugger to get off.
The Following User Says Thank You to muffking For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 10:42   #17
v70stu
V60 T6

On a slightly related topic, has anyone here retro fitted the steering wheel paddles or a newer wheel with paddles? Just an idle - and probably pointless - thought!
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 22:08   #18
Pitvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffking View Post
Yep, I bought a bare heated R-Design steering wheel and then fitted the airbag, trim and switches from my SE steering wheel on to it. It was all transferrable, but then I was left with a 2-pin plug for the heater part of the steering wheel which I connected directly to the battery to test it and it all worked ok, but I couldn't find a reasonable price on the clock spring wiring (squib), so the heater is disconnected for now.

FYI the airbag clips are a bugger to get off.
Thanks - I remember struggling with clips on BMW airbags for hours!
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 17:18   #19
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitvar View Post
Thanks - I remember struggling with clips on BMW airbags for hours!
I realise this is a really old thread but the OP still appears to be active. How did this project go?

I really fancy adding a heated wheel and front parking sensors (have a price for these).

Thanks