Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY07 Navigation/RTI System?

Views : 9894

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 19:33   #11
UK XC90

Well, the part number for map version 31210335 is 31210543. I know it doesn't really make sense. So, your your dealer has made the right conclusion. As far as I know the DVD was first released last week.

-uk
UK XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 00:24   #12
perussell

How interesting! My loathing of the old system (DVD) is well known in this forum from a couple of years ago. I had thought that the new "Hard drive" option was in response to the dozens of complaints that Volvo received about the poor routing. (No complaints about the functionality, just the routing doesn't seem to recognise the existance of anything other than M-ways on long journeys)
I have given up with the OEM fit unit now and purchased a mobile Garmin Nuvi 310D with traffic module - doesn't have the same functionality, much smaller but portable but this system actually gives me some decent routes and recognises when I have intentionally strayed from the suggested route and recalculates quickly instead of constantly trying to send me back to the old route.

I just ordered my next car for later this year - and no it's not a Volvo this time, too many problems but I didn't bother speccing the optional SatNav - I will stick with the Nuvi.

My XC90 was delivered with the non-RTI DVDs though I did purchase the 2005 upgrade when the TMC software was added. If anybody wants to make me an offer for this 3 disc (all of Europe) set I am willing to listen but please note - this is the 2005 TMC activated issue so it won't be the very latest mapping but I guess it will be 98% accurate since we haven't built that many roads in recent years in the UK!! Note also that this will only work in DVD systems and not in units using CDs.
perussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:38   #13
al_bcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK XC90 View Post
Hi,

I received a new versjon of the software and map (XC90 MY 07 - Map version 31210335) which I installed today. Everyting went fine and all the problems I have encounterd earlier seems to be fixed . The uppgrade took about 120 minutes to run. Besides fixing the problems it also seems like the system calculates routes faster.

-uk
I've also had problems with my RTI in XC90 MY2007 D5 Summum.
Today they have installed me new software (Ref 31215600 AA, version 498/2270) but the map reference is 31210331 AA (and map version AEU_06_2005021).
So, that means that they did not have installed the latest version of the maps as I presume last version is 31210335...........is that correct?
If it is like that that's it for me and Volvo..........I've got lots of diferents problems since I got the car last june, anfd althogh I love volvos (it's my second volvo) I'm fed up as the car doesn't stand for the price you pay.

Please give me some help here, I've had an RTI that hasn't been woorking in certain geografical areas for the last 4 months............so, I think that the least Volvo and the dealer could do is solve the problem and install the last version of the map........
al_bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 13:00   #14
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bcn View Post
I've also had problems with my RTI in XC90 MY2007 D5 Summum.
Today they have installed me new software (Ref 31215600 AA, version 498/2270) but the map reference is 31210331 AA (and map version AEU_06_2005021).
So, that means that they did not have installed the latest version of the maps as I presume last version is 31210335...........is that correct?
If it is like that that's it for me and Volvo..........I've got lots of diferents problems since I got the car last june, anfd althogh I love volvos (it's my second volvo) I'm fed up as the car doesn't stand for the price you pay.

Please give me some help here, I've had an RTI that hasn't been woorking in certain geografical areas for the last 4 months............so, I think that the least Volvo and the dealer could do is solve the problem and install the last version of the map........
The (supposed) latest update for MY07 XC90 RTI (Hard Drive) is winging its way from Sweden to Scotland. Once I get it I will post all the details of codes/map versions etc.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 13:50   #15
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
The (supposed) latest update for MY07 XC90 RTI (Hard Drive) is winging its way from Sweden to Scotland. Once I get it I will post all the details of codes/map versions etc.

tem.

The RTI DVD has just arrived and the information on box:-

SIDE OF BOX - Volvo HDD RTI Road and Traffic Information EUROPE.

BACk OF BOX - XC90 MY 2007 - VCC Part No. 31210543 0648 - Map Version 31210335

Hopefully, once loaded, this will solve the niggling problems that exist with the existing software on the Hard Drive.
It will get a good test, as I set off on a 3000 mile round trip on 1st March.

Will give an update on my return.

tem.
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:54   #16
al_bcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
The RTI DVD has just arrived and the information on box:-

SIDE OF BOX - Volvo HDD RTI Road and Traffic Information EUROPE.

BACk OF BOX - XC90 MY 2007 - VCC Part No. 31210543 0648 - Map Version 31210335

Hopefully, once loaded, this will solve the niggling problems that exist with the existing software on the Hard Drive.
It will get a good test, as I set off on a 3000 mile round trip on 1st March.

Will give an update on my return.

tem.

Tem,
can you give us some light with regard de SW version.........please.......
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 23:53   #17
UK XC90

Just to get some confusion out of the way. The part no. for for the DVD (MY 07) with Map Version 31210335 is 31210543.

I'v been using this version now for about 3 weeks and it seems to be working quite good, have not found any problems.

-uk
UK XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 11:27   #18
al_bcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK XC90 View Post
Just to get some confusion out of the way. The part no. for for the DVD (MY 07) with Map Version 31210335 is 31210543.

I'v been using this version now for about 3 weeks and it seems to be working quite good, have not found any problems.

-uk
Could you give us all the data of the software amd maps provided by the RTI?
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 16:38   #19
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bcn View Post
Tem,
can you give us some light with regard de SW version.........please.......
I do not understand what you mean by the SW version?

Just returned from a 3000 + mile trip and the updated software is better in some areas but crap in others.

Do not think that we can blame Volvo for this as it is Navteq who should be getting things correct.

tem.
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 21:27   #20
ktamas

My car is XC 90 2007/01.
The newest software version for my car is: 31285372.
Anybody knows where I can found this pack (download), without I need to pay out the full price.
Please send me your offer! ))

ktamas
ktamas is offline   Reply With Quote