Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 24091

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 20:19   #51
Beavis
Premier Member

I can confirm that mine now works. I have registered successfully on an iPhone using chrome running latest iOS software. Worked first time and now received the email confirming its set up and email verified.
Good luck to everyone else.

Thank you to MTilling for their help. My local dealer wasn’t interested in getting this working, if I was closer to your dealership I’d be being my car to you in the future.
Cheers
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 20:41   #52
Beavis
Premier Member

Not sure what happened to my post #50. It didn’t appear so I refused it and now both show, but the original shows as being reported and edited by someone else. Please ignore duplication.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 21:45   #53
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
Not sure what happened to my post #50. It didn’t appear so I refused it and now both show, but the original shows as being reported and edited by someone else. Please ignore duplication.
It appears to have been edited by one of the Forum Support Team.

tem.
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 08:35   #54
Boxzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
I can confirm that mine now works. I have registered successfully on an iPhone using chrome running latest iOS software. Worked first time and now received the email confirming its set up and email verified.
Good luck to everyone else.

Thank you to MTilling for their help. My local dealer wasn’t interested in getting this working, if I was closer to your dealership I’d be being my car to you in the future.
Cheers
Yes I’m the same. Mine now working after an inordinate amount of messing about and no help from the dealer (who had not set it up properly and chucked the credit card which the SIM had been popped out of in the boot and left it there).

My main advice for anyone reading this thread is that this product is not supplied by Vodafone despite the name. It’s a totally different arm. So ringing “Vodafone” will get you absolutely nowhere. They don’t even recognise the SIM numbers, they say “that’s not one of our numbers” and simply cannot help you.

The number to call for support for this in car Vodafone is 0808 0044 853. Only call that number. I called and was sorted within two minutes.

My thanks again also to MTilling and all.

Previous: 1998 S70R manual saffron, 1996 855R auto grey, 1996 855 2.5 20V auto blue
Boxzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxzoo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 07:58   #55
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

Summary of some information published by Volvo today internally:

"•We are aware of a small number of bugs relating to account registration that are affecting the smooth installation of P-SIMs to customers’cars.

We encourage you to read the following information for helpful tips and advice (instructions I've put on previous posts)

As a general piece of advice, just sticking the P-SIM into the slot and expecting it to connect automatically will NOT work.

We are using a global Vodafone P-SIM that works in a different way to data SIM cards bought in the UK for this purpose.

For this reason, it is imperative that you follow the instructions as there are additional steps required to provision the service, particularly the roaming setting and the APN address.

•Do check that the vehicle is online (globe in top left-hand corner of the centre screen) before trying to create an account. Without this, whilst your device will be connected to the vehicle hotspot, you won’t have any internet access.

•Once the P-SIM has accessed the Vodafone network, the next stage is to create a customer account. We have found Apple devices(and the Safari browser in particular) to be unstable due to the way in which they cache data. Best results have been seen from using non-Apple devices with either Chrome or Firefox, in incognito/private mode. However, if you only have access to Apple devices, use any browser except Safari. We are working with Vodafone to improve this service.

•NB. The oneyear or 100GB data package does not start until the user has created a Vodafone account.Therefore, if the user is having difficulties and has not yet been able to create an account, they are not losing out on their data allowance"

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 15:13   #56
karlak

Any chance Volvo would supply one of these for a 2019 Model owner ?

G Reg 240 GL Estate automatic.
karlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 15:41   #57
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlak View Post
Any chance Volvo would supply one of these for a 2019 Model owner ?

Youd need to ask your supplying dealer nicely!

Old Oct 6th, 2019, 16:14   #58
karlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Youd need to ask your supplying dealer nicely!

Handily for me, it was Bells

Old Oct 6th, 2019, 16:22   #59
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlak View Post
Handily for me, it was Bells

Even better! What's your reg and who looked after you?... Email me at mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk if you like. I'll get one sorted for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 16:32   #60
karlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Even better! What's your reg and who looked after you?... Email me at mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk if you like. I'll get one sorted for you.
Now that is what I call Service

Cheers, email sent

The Following User Says Thank You to karlak For This Useful Post: