Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Big Brakes!!

Views : 6717

Replies : 107

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 16:34   #81
Alex121
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Yup, just read all the post and I'm dizzy now. Tbh so much has been said that it's hard to follow what your both actually arguing about!!!
Brakes TT - Keep up
Alex121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 16:39   #82
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex121 View Post
Brakes TT - Keep up
Keep up???? I think we need to slow this thread down a bit. Perhaps if we fitted bigger brakes to it?

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 17:03   #83
Slevin
Master Member

P1 96-2000,p2 2001-2004.it's not a lot difference.
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slevin For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 17:07   #84
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

As much as I hate the bickering with Keith on these threads and listening to his flawed arguments and constant changing the subject when proven wrong, they are the best entertainment on the forum. Much popcorn has no doubt been eaten by people reading it. It's a shame the original post has been lost in the abyss but I will keep anyone who is interested updated once the brakes are fitted and tested.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 17:10   #85
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
P1 96-2000,p2 2001-2004.it's not a lot difference.
None at all really.

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 17:38   #86
tom1987

Talking

Wow what a thread. From the original point the brakes look good would be nice to know how you get on fitting them.

And in reference to the disagreement in views at the end of the day in my small amount of experience being only 26 I think even if you get advice which is the right thing to do if you want to do something different do it you might get lucky or even find your way is better. That's how I am if you wanna try something just do it unless its gonna cause harm to you or others. At the end of the day its your project and you want it to be indervidual.
tom1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 17:52   #87
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1987 View Post
Wow what a thread. From the original point the brakes look good would be nice to know how you get on fitting them.

And in reference to the disagreement in views at the end of the day in my small amount of experience being only 26 I think even if you get advice which is the right thing to do if you want to do something different do it you might get lucky or even find your way is better. That's how I am if you wanna try something just do it unless its gonna cause harm to you or others. At the end of the day its your project and you want it to be indervidual.
Thanks I agree with you. I've made some mistakes trying new things which Keith always points out now after the event lol.

The proof that keith isn't confident in his own knowledge of tuning these cars is that he never posts on my threads on T5D5. He knows the guys there would pull him to bits regarding limitations of the T4. He even copies and pastes posts from T5D5 on here instead of answering them on there.

I had a phase 1.5 which uses the phase 1 ECU. Only after fitting a forged engine, Holset turbo and supporting mods did I find out no one can map them! I wasn't prepared to spend any more on an aftermarket ECU So chucked the towel in. Believe me I explored every avenue they all had a dead end. So for him to say you can is rubbish. I tried something different it didn't work fair enough. Now I have a phase 2 have more potential for big power with future mods. Brakes seem like a sensible first point of call.

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 18:09   #88
960kg
Premier Member

I think Mitch that after saying Keith says this and Keith says that...you have proven to me and i dare say others that you are somewhat dyslexic.

You don`t read properly and never ever could translate my meanings into the meanings that are meant...you just add your own inuendo`s.......

Never mind we are not all like yourself!
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 18:12   #89
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
None at all really.
We are talking T4 aren`t we so agree with the correct dates!....and not those ones....
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 18:17   #90
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
As much as I hate the bickering with Keith on these threads and listening to his flawed arguments and constant changing the subject when proven wrong, they are the best entertainment on the forum. Much popcorn has no doubt been eaten by people reading it. It's a shame the original post has been lost in the abyss but I will keep anyone who is interested updated once the brakes are fitted and tested.
Go back and read......is that why you keep editing your posts as you then realise what i have said?

My arguements are never flawed nore is my knowledge it is just that you interpret the truth in a different way...and ...i don`t change the subject ......and i told you why i don`t post on your favourite forum go back and read instead of telling untruths.

Tags
argument, flawed, fruitcake, unsprung, weight