Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar Optimisation Deals?

Views : 21742

Replies : 175

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2021, 11:57   #81
KFCKFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudy85 View Post
Seatbelt warning sound after update [YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/jssmtRmr-no[/YOUTUBE]
That's odd, my V90 (MY20) already makes that sound and it does not have the June 2021 update.
KFCKFC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KFCKFC For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 12:05   #82
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well that’s what I had seen, I don’t understand why the dealer couldn’t find it......
Did you check via this site? It gives you a Volvo code to pass onto the dealer.
https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/model-selector

Also you can see the upgrades in hp and torque. Basically it increases avaialable horsepower in the mid range with a very marginal increase in max hp. For my T5 that is just 3 hp on top of the stock 250. The torque range is also adjusted.

I think the idea is to keep the car in the sweet spot more often and smarten up the gearbox so that you are not left wallowing in the wrong gear. That all adds up to a more balanced ride and drive.

I having mine done this pm and that is what I am expecting. I will report back in a day or so.

Direct Line insurance have charged me £5 extra.
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 13:57   #83
Nippy
VOC Member

Yup, that shows it available for my car. Wonder why the dealer couldn't find that then?

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design

Last edited by Nippy; Jul 9th, 2021 at 14:15.
Nippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 17:49   #84
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Yup, that shows it available for my car. Wonder why the dealer couldn't find that then?
"Dealers." !!!!!!

Did you give them the purchase code that you got from the site?
Like this.
Purchase Reference
When visiting your Volvo dealer quote the following references to describe the product you refer.
Article number: 32253406
Polestar ID: 2517
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 17:50   #85
Nippy
VOC Member

Yup I have sent them an email..... No reply yet though.....

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 17:58   #86
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Just back from being optimised.

Early signs very encouraging.

The car drives more smoothly, gear changes almost unnoticeable now as well.

Car feels more stable on the road as the gear changes appear to be happening at the same time as I would expect to make them if it were a manual. No more gear change half way round a bend for example.

It is certainly a lot sharper on the front end into and out of bends.

I had it in Comfort mode mostly. Tried a short blip in Polestar mode and it finally felt like a Sports saloon is all I will say.

mpg doesn't seem affected in normal driving but I guess when the yellow boots are worn it will drop markedly.

All in all, I don't think I am going to be disappointed. Unless that is to say that the S60 especially should come from the factory in this form.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 19:12   #87
Wib

I’m getting a new XC60 Recharge T6 and want to look at getting the optimisation, but I can’t find my model to get the part number

It looks like the T6 engine on the site which you select to get the part number is showing the old T6 super/turbo engine

Effectively I think the engine for the new car is the Old T5 engine or B5 mh engine just with the T8 rear electric motor, but that engine option doesn’t look to be available

As the have it available for the T8 I can’t see why it wouldn’t be available for the new Recharge T6

I’ve got it on my current T5 and I’m impressed and the reason for optioning it on that car was for the better torque spread and swifter gear changes, so would like the similar for the Recharge T6

I’ll email my dealer and see what they say
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 04:50   #88
Red981

Just a question about how the Polestar works. I’ve read the spec sheet and understand the performance/transmission gains.
My question is do you have to put the car into Polestar via the console mode dial each time you start up or is Polestar always active even when in Comfort mode.
I have an individual mode set up the same as comfort but with start/stop turned off which I use all the time. I’m in Australia and my dealer doesn’t have a lot of experience with Polestar and has quoted me $1600AUD to install. I don’t want to commit until I understand how it works. Any advice would be appreciated.
I have a 2021 XC60 T5 Inscription

Last edited by Red981; Jul 10th, 2021 at 04:53.
Red981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 10:29   #89
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red981 View Post
Just a question about how the Polestar works. I’ve read the spec sheet and understand the performance/transmission gains.
My question is do you have to put the car into Polestar via the console mode dial each time you start up or is Polestar always active even when in Comfort mode.
I have an individual mode set up the same as comfort but with start/stop turned off which I use all the time. I’m in Australia and my dealer doesn’t have a lot of experience with Polestar and has quoted me $1600AUD to install. I don’t want to commit until I understand how it works. Any advice would be appreciated.
I have a 2021 XC60 T5 Inscription
Do you have the dynamic mode option along with the comfort etc? If so the dynamic mode is replaced by 'polestar engineered' option and that is the option to select for 'oooh that's quick and stable' mode.

As far as I can tell it does change perameters across all modes and you would expect that to be the case I think. It certainly has turned my S60 into the car it should have been from the factory, not just from increased performance but made it a more balanced and comfortable car.
These comments are of course only real life experience rather than a technical confirmation that it does so.
Hope that helps and hopefully someone with Volvo tech knowledge will post later to confirm.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 17:28   #90
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red981 View Post
(...)
(...)
No. Polestar Engineered mode is only active when you select it. It's a different setup. You're mixing both (Comfort and Polestar). When you're at Comfort, you're at Comfort. Period. Polestar replaces the actual Dynamic drive mode you have. Polestar Engineered Optimisation does not affect the other modes, in terms of gearbox and gas pedal sensitivity.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Jul 10th, 2021 at 17:30.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote