Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bought a Breaker...

Views : 10257

Replies : 125

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 22:57   #71
KruJoe

Chris, I've had a look down the back this evening, at the bottom of the manifold is a short, fat flexy section, then a flange joint to the down pipe. The flange has four bolts in a square formation, so I'm sure it's not the "two bolts and springs" you need. I think I know what you mean, some Pug 205s use the same method. So, do I have the wrong one for you?
Joe
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 23:05   #72
TurboZutek
Premier Member

Yes, that's the wrong one.

BUT

It probably would fit my engine, it just wouldn't fit on to my cat... But if I had the cat too... Given the rest of the exhaust is identical then it would probably work! Also it would make my car more 'normal' and less of a complete pain to get exhaust parts for!

But that'll be a bit of a mission to box and ship up here!
TurboZutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 23:17   #73
KruJoe

I'm sure I could do it, you know I can pack things up!

BUT

I leave for Thailand in two weeks and the jobs are mounting up to be done before I go, I'm not back until Feb! The car will still be here when I return, I dare say I will have more time then...
It will be in a dry shed over the winter if you can wait that long, or I can do it instead of sleeping one evening next week, it all depends how desperate you are!
Let me know...
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 23:49   #74
TurboZutek
Premier Member

You are a master at packing stuff, it's true!

It sounds like your schedule is chocka-block though matey, so we can catch up again in Feb... If I haven't sorted some exhaust solution out by then I can have it off you then!

BUT

But nothing, I just liked this new format of forum posting we've invented!

Chris...
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 00:07   #75
KruJoe

Right you are Chris, we'll be in touch again in Feb...

BUT

I still have a number of parts to remove for my 850 in Thailand, if I'm feeling frisky I might have a go at the manifold. If I do, I'll give you a shout.
PS Our novel conjunctive syntax RULEZ!
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 00:21   #76
TurboZutek
Premier Member

That's excellent matey, if you find you have the time by all means pull the bits off! Ooh, er!

BUT

Let me know how much you want for 'em!

Chris...
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 20:54   #77
mickaleen59

Hi KruJoe,

Do you have the little grey plastic grill panels down in the front bumper next to the RH (driver's side) fog light please?

I know they are small and maybe insignificant to some but i'd like to get them as they're missing on mine and spoils the look lol !
mickaleen59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 23:33   #78
KruJoe

Mickaleen, I'm sure I have the bit(s?) you need, I'll check tomorrow, and take a picture, in the meantime, is there a trick to removing them without damage?
I'm sure it only spoils the look for you because you know it's missing - I bet nobody else notices! Anyway, it's nice to make a car complete and original.
Are you in ROI? I wonder if the postage is still reasonable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezposse View Post
I'm looking for ABS/TRACS ECU mine is p/n 9162675
Tris, my man on the other forum has sorted his issue without my parts, so I still have this, do you know where it is on the car? I'll look tomorrow for the numbers.
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 21:13   #79
mickaleen59

KruJoe, sorry don't know how they are removed, didn't think to look and it's dark and wet out there now so can't see unfortunately!

Yes i would like to have them if possible and i am in ROI.
Surely post wouldn't be that much?
mickaleen59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 22:14   #80
TurboZutek
Premier Member

The ABS ECU is bolted to the top or the bottom of the ABS pump (depending on year). It's over the passenger's side of the car in front of the bulkhead - it has all the brake lines running out of it.

Chris...