Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking Tickets - Pay or Ignore

Views : 18635

Replies : 112

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2011, 15:37   #71
tt82
Forum Support Team

Default Update

not posted on here for a while so it needs updating.

3rd letter as mentioned before was dated #

4th letter, again from **** dated #
Quote:
TOTAL OUTSTANDING £180.00

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

We are dissapointed to note that upon checking our records you have failed to contact our office and arrange payment for you outstanding debt.

We need to recieve payment of the debt at this time.

We would like to provide you with the opportunity to pay the debt prior to proceedings being issued to the county Court. Failure to clear the amount in full may result in the debt being taken to court at considerable further cost to you.

To avoid this distressing course of action contact us IMMEDIATELY

5th letter, again from **** dated #

Quote:
TOTAL OUTSTANDING £180.00

NOTICE OF COURT ACTION

We have no record of recieving your payement despite our previous correspedence and now have no alternative but to pass the file back to our client, who will then proceed with any necessary action.

We would like to offer you one final opportunity to settle the outstanding amount prior to us returning it back to our client.

Unless we hear from you in the next SEVEN days with regard to paying your outstanding arrears your file will be returned to our client for them to process for court action. THIS MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU AND CONSDERABLY INCREASE THE AMOUNT OWED.

To avoid any further action contact us immediately to discuss payment.
Lets see what happens.

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Sep 18th, 2014 at 21:02. Reason: OP request
tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 15:45   #72
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Wipe your backside on it, thats about the strength of it, dont reply mate, trust me I have stacks of final warnings etc etc etc, how many final warnings do they give, what a waste of paper!
Old May 17th, 2011, 16:00   #73
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Default Rough Justice or what?

While on the subject of parking, I thought i would share this with you:

About a year ago, a very close friend of mine down South, whom I had handed my business over to down that end was running a car into the scrap at Rainham Essex.

The car was an old 3 series BMW but it had a half decent CD player in it, so just before he got to the yard gates, he pulled over, whipped out a big flat screwdriver and prized it out of the dashboard, he didnt mess about, it was out in seconds, but by the time he had retrieved it from the car and started to walk back to his van, some big chap had started to put a clamp on his o/s/f wheel, my mate leapt in the van and started it up, bully boy jumps up and starts screaming at him to stop the effin van, leans through the window and trys to grab the keys, my mate tried to call this guys bluff and said lets have it then and jumps out, bless him, he is only about 10 stone, dead skinny, anyway there are 2 big bully boys there now, threatening to fill him in, he didnt stand a chance, god I wish Id been there that day for him, anyway they had also fitted another clamp onto his rear wheel now, and demanded 150 to release it, my mate is gutted but has no choice, then bully 2 says" Oh hang on its a commercial so its 280 pound, you have half an hour or we will seize it"

My poor mate had to ring his mum to help him out, he is 41 my mate but he had no choice but to cough up using his mums credit card details, all the money he had earnt as profit had gone that day, and he wasnt well too, he was absolutley GUTTED!

A couple of weeks later he rings me up to tell me some good news, he excitededly told me how they had done it top this black fellow, same script as what happend to him, the black guy (On his own) calmly said no problem mate Il get you the cash dropped off, so gets on his mobile and was wandering around the yard, 10 mins later a van full of his mates pulls up about 5 of them start battering these 2 bullies with baseball bats, then when bully one was on the floor bleeding they stabbed him. I dont know what happend after that but they were never seen again down that yard approach road
Old May 17th, 2011, 17:23   #74
Kevs Estate

Continue to ignore. You are nearly at the end of the threatograms, probably a couple more in big bold scary red letters.
Please do not contact them.
You owe them nothing.
Kevs Estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 19:40   #75
Alinherts

What Kev said!
Old May 17th, 2011, 20:11   #76
Bigman1207

Had a call from my wife as she was dropping our son of at his runing club.....road is maintained t public expense, has double yellow lines....and a private clamping sign visible.

yep wife was 10 feet behind her car waving, daughter (disabled) was in the car...calmper drove in and clmped her.

She phoned me as sheneeded £150 release fee.

I arrive and park in nearby car park and walk over to upset wife and daughter, I ring clamper and I see him and his driver there little van through a no entry, park on the double yellow lines nd start to talk about the fee.

I ask them how come they dont wear their seat belt, go through a no entry and prk on doube yellow lines to clamp my car and to acecpt a fee, they both say because we can.....

I rng there omany nd there is no way they woild wavier the fee so I paid to get the car released. i then request the driver an pasengers name an address....they both refuse.....so I "show out" as a olie officer requst details again to which they refuse and arrest them both for filing to supply a name and adres to allow them to be reported for the specific offences.

They trid to ring here boss but i stopped this as they were under arest whilst i awaited my mates in a bigger van, they then boh came accross with their details, this allowed me to report them for summons. So not taken to the station.

Next day there boss rang me and we discused the fact that as they were registered clampers they were an SIA registered comany, yet fild to give a reeipt for monies paid, neither was weraing an SIA identifaction. as a result of this i received a £150 refund as the clmpers had acted inppropriatly.

Sumons still went thrugh or driver...contravingng no entry, no seat belt and parking vehice n a dangerous position, no idea what the fine was though.....pasenger got words of advice from me for no seat belt.

The only and i stress the only thing y wife did wrong was not secure the disabled badge so when she closed the door it sliped out of immediate line of sight. Oh and vehcile was being used as intention was for daughter to watch boy running so vehile was being used for and on behlf of he badge holder.

must admit if i had the number for some big guys in a van with bats the way i was feeling due to the distres it caused my wife nd daughter I may...just may have ut a cal in!

As for the parking fines .....i like the thread and think there is some good advice....i hope i never make an enemy of the hitcher though he (or she) seems like a very very handy investigator as the researh is top notch!!!

Cheers

BM

Oh any speling errors are due to my blkberry keyboard!!

just clicked edit to read this...spelling make me sound like the french copper of allo allo but im sure you get the gist!

Last edited by Bigman1207; May 17th, 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Spelling
Bigman1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigman1207 For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:45   #77
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman1207 View Post
Had a call from my wife as she was dropping our son of at his runing club.....road is maintained t public expense, has double yellow lines....and a private clamping sign visible.

yep wife was 10 feet behind her car waving, daughter (disabled) was in the car...calmper drove in and clmped her.

She phoned me as sheneeded £150 release fee.

I arrive and park in nearby car park and walk over to upset wife and daughter, I ring clamper and I see him and his driver there little van through a no entry, park on the double yellow lines nd start to talk about the fee.

I ask them how come they dont wear their seat belt, go through a no entry and prk on doube yellow lines to clamp my car and to acecpt a fee, they both say because we can.....

I rng there omany nd there is no way they woild wavier the fee so I paid to get the car released. i then request the driver an pasengers name an address....they both refuse.....so I "show out" as a olie officer requst details again to which they refuse and arrest them both for filing to supply a name and adres to allow them to be reported for the specific offences.

They trid to ring here boss but i stopped this as they were under arest whilst i awaited my mates in a bigger van, they then boh came accross with their details, this allowed me to report them for summons. So not taken to the station.

Next day there boss rang me and we discused the fact that as they were registered clampers they were an SIA registered comany, yet fild to give a reeipt for monies paid, neither was weraing an SIA identifaction. as a result of this i received a £150 refund as the clmpers had acted inppropriatly.

Sumons still went thrugh or driver...contravingng no entry, no seat belt and parking vehice n a dangerous position, no idea what the fine was though.....pasenger got words of advice from me for no seat belt.

The only and i stress the only thing y wife did wrong was not secure the disabled badge so when she closed the door it sliped out of immediate line of sight. Oh and vehcile was being used as intention was for daughter to watch boy running so vehile was being used for and on behlf of he badge holder.

must admit if i had the number for some big guys in a van with bats the way i was feeling due to the distres it caused my wife nd daughter I may...just may have ut a cal in!

As for the parking fines .....i like the thread and think there is some good advice....i hope i never make an enemy of the hitcher though he (or she) seems like a very very handy investigator as the researh is top notch!!!

Cheers

BM

Oh any speling errors are due to my blkberry keyboard!!

just clicked edit to read this...spelling make me sound like the french copper of allo allo but im sure you get the gist!

I like it, Id loved to have seen their faces when you started to read their rights lol
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:14   #78
Bigman1207

The firm is no longer operating in the area now as they or rather the owner of the francise was prosecuted for fraud by false representation and lost his SIA licence as a result.

The wife should have used my old mini as its on 10inch wheels wheel clamps cant fit it !!!
Bigman1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 18:15   #79
mistmover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Hi all

Parked my car in a supermarket car park while i went for a meal and a few drinks. Recieved a parking ticket through the post on Friday for £90 (£45 if paid within 14 days). There are no wardens and it is monitered bt ANPR cameras and was correctly signed.

Now I've heard and read that private car park companys don't chase non-payement as it cost too much. Has anyone had any experience of this as I'm tempted to give it a go.
if you dont pay in 6months they drop it...................but hide the car.
mistmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 18:16   #80
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman1207 View Post
The firm is no longer operating in the area now as they or rather the owner of the francise was prosecuted for fraud by false representation and lost his SIA licence as a result.

The wife should have used my old mini as its on 10inch wheels wheel clamps cant fit it !!!

Me and my friend used to get regular calls from desperate friends mainly in the motor trade to come out with our genarators and 9" grinders LOL, used to charge em 50 quid a clamp

Tags
gary wayne robber, gary wayne southall