Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required

Views : 61711

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2014, 18:29   #71
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Certainly no harm in VIDA/DICE reading to make sure as it won't cost anything (except maybe that cup of tea). If that is BCM-0130 code then that does depict it is the ABS unit and would require reconditioning or replacing.

Unfortunately given the year of the car it is also the common problem too, so it is not looking good and a few hundred pounds worth of repairs. The cheapest option is to have a garage remove the unit and then have it sent for a repair. On return have the garage re-fit and check codes. You would be looking at approx. £200 - £250 for the reconditioning plus the garage labour for removal and re-fitting.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:55   #72
kingcalumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by camevad View Post
I had the Anti-Skid Service light come on 4 monthsago and diagnostic check was done as part of regular service. Fault code said ABS module needed replacing. Car was just out of warranty so had to fork out 1000 euro (ireland) to have it replaced at a main dealer.

Since then I've joind this forum and a lot of people reckoned Volvo should cover the cost. Got on to Volvo and questioned this and they put their hands up and have informed me (I have the email if anyone wants proof) that the main dealer will be reimbursing me for the full cost next week.

That's what these forums are all about folks so all I can say is a HUGE thank you.
Hi Camevad/anyone else who has experience of this,

Could it be possible for you to forward me the mail correspondence you have on this? Im in the Republic of Ireland and got this message last thursday. Ive my car booked in with the dealer tomorrow morning and would like to have my ducks in a row before going in if possible.

calumnpovey(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks a mil

Calumn
kingcalumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 19:34   #73
psychobint

My anti skid service light came on today, shortly followed by brake failure, stop safely. the car is now sitting awaiting tow to Volvo.... Not impressed
psychobint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 12:47   #74
hammy78boy

Default Mine has just come on, somebody please help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camevad View Post
I had the Anti-Skid Service light come on 4 monthsago and diagnostic check was done as part of regular service. Fault code said ABS module needed replacing. Car was just out of warranty so had to fork out 1000 euro (ireland) to have it replaced at a main dealer.

Since then I've joind this forum and a lot of people reckoned Volvo should cover the cost. Got on to Volvo and questioned this and they put their hands up and have informed me (I have the email if anyone wants proof) that the main dealer will be reimbursing me for the full cost next week.

That's what these forums are all about folks so all I can say is a HUGE thank you.
I only hope you are still using this forum as I could really do with the proof Volvo have put there hands up about this fault. I have just sent an email to Volvo in a hope they take responsibility but if not or they try sitting on the fence then your email proof will sort them out.
Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
hammy78boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 00:11   #75
Tomson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy78boy View Post
I only hope you are still using this forum as I could really do with the proof Volvo have put there hands up about this fault. I have just sent an email to Volvo in a hope they take responsibility but if not or they try sitting on the fence then your email proof will sort them out.
Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
I too would like to have a copy of this letter, please

Just incase.
Tomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 22:18   #76
Jayne Frostick
Pie31

Hi Camevad, hope you can help, Would you be able to send me the email you have from volvo about your refund. My anti skid service required light has come on, my c30 is only 3 yrs old and done 30k, they want me to pay 50% at a cost of £740. Obviously this is crazy, I think your email will back up my email I've sent customer care.

Thank you for your time in advance

Jayne
Jayne Frostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 13:16   #77
roundyuk

Got my brother to check the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on this one; it was listed against my car (late 2005) but the contribution is only valid for 6yrs, so after that you won't get any help.

Bugger really, as that's the issue I have now :-(
roundyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 14:37   #78
Jayne Frostick
Pie31

Hi camevad could you send me the email please as I've just had to pay £1000 for the same fault which they said wasn't covered on my c30 11 plate only done 32k. My email is jaynehoulihan@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance
Jayne Frostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 17:52   #79
Trog thou Meatier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Well I've just had an Anti-Skid service required scare.

Just been up to Scotland for Christmas and and after a 540 mile trip all was well but the following day I got in the car and done a short trip and again all seemed to be well, however on my return journey a couple of hours later I got the dredded 'Anti-Skid Service Required' message appear on the DIM - doh! Not impressed.

I turnbed engine off, took out key left for a while turned engine back on again in the hope it would disappear but no the dredded message was still there. I then decided to to take the car for a short drive and done a few heavy sharp brake maneouvers and returned to the car park - still with 'Anti-Skid Service' message on dash. On parking up I turned engine off and turned back on but now the message changed to 'Anti-Skid Off'. I thought this was strange so I turned engine off and on a few times but still the DIM would show 'Anti-Skid Off'. I went for another short trip and after another couple of brake manoevers I returned to the car park again, turned engine off and back on again and this time the 'Anti-Skid Off' message had now gone and back to NO messages at all.

Now days later, I've never had another Anti-Skid message and everything has been fine (touch wood).

Fingers crossed as my car is a 2004 and I'd be looking at stumping up the full amount for the repair that it doesn't come back again.

Did your "service required" message ever come back SV?

We had the message come up a few times over Easter but it hasn't reappeared since then.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 20:44   #80
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog thou Meatier View Post
Did your "service required" message ever come back SV?

We had the message come up a few times over Easter but it hasn't reappeared since then.
Hi TTM,

No the message has never showed up again for me. All has been well since.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote