Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RWD Rally 2007

Views : 8556

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 20:05   #71
Velorum
VOC Member

Default Info sheet update

Hi All

Here is an update on the rally info sheet.

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: doc Volvo RWD Rally 2007.doc (40.0 KB, 4 views)
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 20:38   #72
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Interestingly enough there's a plan afoot over on T'Bricks and V3M for a trip to the large Volvo meet at Vallakra near Gothenberg next August. Given that the Hull - Gothenberg ferry is to cease by then and the nearest port to Gothenberg you can get to by ferry is either Stavanger or Esbjerg it looks likely that the jaunt would become a road-trip through France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden collecting some of the European T'Brickers and V3M'ers on the way. The plan was for a visit to the meet combined with a trip to the Volvo Museum and the Volvo Shop that sells off all the parts from the factory test cars.

Given that Le Mans clashes with the BKV, how about we have a mass Exodus to Sweden next summer?
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 20:44   #73
Velorum
VOC Member

Thanks for that V6 Man.

Interesting idea. Sounds like a good road trip (I invariably prefer travelling to arriving)

Comments anyone?

Ian
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 20:54   #74
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Another random thought....Can we avoid use of the word 'rally'?

Firstly, I'm sure half the people who've clicked on this thread were expecting to see plans to thrash a series of RWD bricks through a forrest somewhere, with the front seat passenger screaming cryptic clues to what lies ahead through a headset.

Secondly, I'm picturing caravans, mugs of Horlicks, tartan rugs...or alternatively a load of old blokes with an unhealthy interest in static steam engines!

Just a light hearted bit of fun-poking...but the word seems fairly old-fashioned these days. Such events are usually referred to as road-trips, shows, or meets, depending on exactly what will be going on. I know it doesn't matter what we call it...but does anyone have any thoughts on this, since it's the first time I've heard of an event organised on a forum referred to as a rally....so do we want to address this at the outset?

I'm well up for whatever is planned

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 20:55   #75
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Man View Post
Interestingly enough there's a plan afoot over on T'Bricks and V3M for a trip to the large Volvo meet at Vallakra near Gothenberg next August. Given that the Hull - Gothenberg ferry is to cease by then and the nearest port to Gothenberg you can get to by ferry is either Stavanger or Esbjerg it looks likely that the jaunt would become a road-trip through France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden collecting some of the European T'Brickers and V3M'ers on the way. The plan was for a visit to the meet combined with a trip to the Volvo Museum and the Volvo Shop that sells off all the parts from the factory test cars.

Given that Le Mans clashes with the BKV, how about we have a mass Exodus to Sweden next summer?
Rupert, this sounds interesting!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 21:30   #76
Velorum
VOC Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
Another random thought....Can we avoid use of the word 'rally'?

Firstly, I'm sure half the people who've clicked on this thread were expecting to see plans to thrash a series of RWD bricks through a forrest somewhere, with the front seat passenger screaming cryptic clues to what lies ahead through a headset.

Secondly, I'm picturing caravans, mugs of Horlicks, tartan rugs...or alternatively a load of old blokes with an unhealthy interest in static steam engines!

Just a light hearted bit of fun-poking...but the word seems fairly old-fashioned these days. Such events are usually referred to as road-trips, shows, or meets, depending on exactly what will be going on. I know it doesn't matter what we call it...but does anyone have any thoughts on this, since it's the first time I've heard of an event organised on a forum referred to as a rally....so do we want to address this at the outset?

I'm well up for whatever is planned

cheers

James
Thats assuming that I do not have an unhealthy interest in static steam engines of course...........

Fortunately I dont but feel obliged to point out that there are two tartan rugs on the back seat of the 240.

I just had in mind something a little different and the word 'rally' seemed to fit!

Ian
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 21:54   #77
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Rupert, this sounds interesting!
Indeed, and again something id definatly partake in
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 23:27   #78
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Hi Iain,

I also have an interest in steam engines, but prefer the type that move (whether on rails, or road)! I also have a tartan rug. It's for those moments when you've just parked in the ghetto, and need to make it perfectly clear to any would-be car thieves that this IS a granny wagon

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 23:32   #79
Velorum
VOC Member

Wink

Oh, I quite agree.

Of course one of the benefits of driving a 240 is that there is plenty of headroom - which is ideal for those of us who wish to wear a trilby inside the car. Thermos flask optional!

I'm 47 you know (said in a loud voice!)
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 15:30   #80
James_N
VOC Member

the chart is looking good! just need to deciede where we are going. Im still going with le mans, because its the easiest, its a dam good time, and the more the merrier!!