Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Poor handover :-(((

Views : 5836

Replies : 75

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 16:39   #61
Considered1
Premier Member

I have to say I have no problems with the stop/start but I did have it on a bmw for 3yrs so you get used to it. Only issue is pointing down hill you need to keep your foot on the brake as it will lurch forward a little if you ease the pressure too much as it obviously thinks you are pulling away or want to inch forward.

Must say tried it on the level today and it doesnt "lurch" at all, folks would be complaining if it pulled away too slowly.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 16:43   #62
andymcp
Premier Member

On normal driving I've found the stop/start to be fine. I had it on previous Freeelander but that was a manual. Only time I could claim it's less than seamless is when the car's in Eco mode, but I tend to switch that off around town as the pull-away is a little too sluggish for my liking. It's a personal thing though, Mrs McP really doesn't like it (but then she's not a fan of autos either).

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 16:48   #63
Considered1
Premier Member

Agree with you in Eco mode Andy, I too switch off the Eco when coming to a halt a junctions, in town and parking as the power steering goes off before coming to a complete standstill. One to watch out for
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 20:32   #64
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
Thanks for all the messages again! Found today already a lot easier to use the start/stop and have spent some time learning about a few more features.

Dealer called me today to apologise and suggested I could go in next week and spend some time going through some stuff. He tried today to make good, was very helpful over the phone and I got some good information from him.

I don't really want to name and shame but I guess it wouldn't be too hard for anyone to work it out based on my location!

It looks like I'm definitely in the minority as far as handover goes, looks like most people have mainly had good experiences so don't worry chrisnoy. Don't get me started on petrol.... I had enough in the car for 40 miles!
Surprised it went anywhere with petrol in it.

Stop start works fine on our V40 XC D2 and it is linked to the handbrake but you do have to use the correct sequence and timing. Stop foot on the brake so the SS comes on then apply the handbrake, foot still on the foot brake then let go the foot brake. Too fast or too slow applying the handbrake will deactivate SS. I prefer it to be more linked to the handbrake and turn off the engine every time it's put on, but there might be a technical reason why that can't be done.

I'll post when I get a chance to check how it works on the XC60 next week. I'm taking it to a local detailer after I pick it up on Monday to have a Williams ceramic coating applied and he wants it for a few days.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 23:36   #65
swishtony
Master Member

I have no problems with the stop start now, on normal use I never had a problem anyway, it was just edging down the slope on my drive that was tricky. Mind you after the 2nd attempt I already got to grips with it and now have no problem at all with it, just needed to get the feel for it.

Just come back from a dinner and let the Premium sound work its magic on the way home with some great tracks. Wow, the sub doesn't half add some oomph!
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 00:38   #66
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Looks great in the photos. Very sophisticated colour. Not seagull magnet like my dark blue XC90 I hope? Always carry cleaning stuff when we go to the Rock-a-Nore car park.

Notice you used the same dealer as me.

I think the excel spread sheet template they use is a bit flaky, complicated and lacking in clarity, that's the cause of some of the issues experienced I think. Probably comes from head office.

They were very patient with me, letting me test drive a whole range of new models and they know a lot about the new Volvos. Kept me up to date as well with the progress on my car.

I used to go to a different part of the chain back in 1966, for quite a few years and they were always pretty good back then with the service.

Just hope my handover goes smoothly on Monday.

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Oct 3rd, 2014 at 00:41.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 08:51   #67
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Looks great in the photos. Very sophisticated colour. Not seagull magnet like my dark blue XC90 I hope? Always carry cleaning stuff when we go to the Rock-a-Nore car park.

Notice you used the same dealer as me.

I think the excel spread sheet template they use is a bit flaky, complicated and lacking in clarity, that's the cause of some of the issues experienced I think. Probably comes from head office.

They were very patient with me, letting me test drive a whole range of new models and they know a lot about the new Volvos. Kept me up to date as well with the progress on my car.

I used to go to a different part of the chain back in 1966, for quite a few years and they were always pretty good back then with the service.

Just hope my handover goes smoothly on Monday.
Ah good luck on Monday, is that the nearest dealer to you? Not one in Ashford?I think had I done the handover on a weekday it would have been much better and not so rushed. He knows he messed up and is trying really hard to make good. I'm still going to moan when I do the feedback though. I feel a bit for the guy actually as he is young and I believe, as with so many things in this country, his training has probably be nil and support from management only exists in trying to get a sale made. He just seemed a bit out of his depth doing the actual handover, almost like he didn't really know what he was doing.

He was also very patient with me during the buying process, I really messed them about pushing for maximum discount etc. so maybe there's a bit of payback going on!

Yes I chose the silver partly for the reason you give, I've owned a few black cars down here and they just don't go with seagulls! You're in Rye I see, love that area. Maybe our paths will cross one day when I'm down there, I go there occasionally for a mooch about the shops etc.

Good luck on Monday and let me know how they were, are you dealing with AM? As a person he's very nice and means well, he tried hard to be accommodating and pleasant during the buying process. I just don't think he has been well trained and guided in what to do at handovers.
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 09:21   #68
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
Ah good luck on Monday, is that the nearest dealer to you? Not one in Ashford?I think had I done the handover on a weekday it would have been much better and not so rushed. He knows he messed up and is trying really hard to make good. I'm still going to moan when I do the feedback though. I feel a bit for the guy actually as he is young and I believe, as with so many things in this country, his training has probably be nil and support from management only exists in trying to get a sale made. He just seemed a bit out of his depth doing the actual handover, almost like he didn't really know what he was doing.

He was also very patient with me during the buying process, I really messed them about pushing for maximum discount etc. so maybe there's a bit of payback going on!

Yes I chose the silver partly for the reason you give, I've owned a few black cars down here and they just don't go with seagulls! You're in Rye I see, love that area. Maybe our paths will cross one day when I'm down there, I go there occasionally for a mooch about the shops etc.

Good luck on Monday and let me know how they were, are you dealing with AM? As a person he's very nice and means well, he tried hard to be accommodating and pleasant during the buying process. I just don't think he has been well trained and guided in what to do at handovers.
No. Bill Clarke. He did a handover for my wife's V40 Cross Country and that was good. He spent some time explaining every thing and mated her phone to the car as well.

Ashford dealer is 4 miles closer but the time to drive is almost identical. Nearest one is Ticehurst, but they were seemed a bit offhand when I visited them and they did not have the car I wanted for my wife. They are a much smaller outfit though. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you do need to have someone around to talk to when your buying.

Eastbourne air show was on so had the advantage of having the Red Arrows doing spectacular stunts overhead the day we went to look at what they had to offer. Flew over low enough to see the pilots face. Had what we wanted as well so I bought one on the spot. They are seem to have a very high turnover and some days I've been in they have been extremely busy though. Guy in the parts shop is a nice guy, very friendly and helpful.

XC90 is King in this area, they are everywhere. Tenterden car park had 5 in there already one day when I was parking.

Just had a thought, My handover day was going to be Saturday and they changed it to Monday so maybe they decided it could be easier to do on a weekday as you wondered.

The V40 XC we bought has been fantastic and we keep fighting over who drives it. We have done over 2k miles in it already. Drove to Edinburgh and back and including driving around, about 1200 miles, cost £106 in diesel.

I'm just waiting for my winter tyres to be delivered, if they come this morning I'll see if the dealer can fit them before handover.

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Oct 3rd, 2014 at 09:35.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 10:39   #69
jyeatman

I think someone mentioned a 3000 mile service in this thread...
Is this specific to XC60? I was not told I need one when my V60 was delivered, and I'm on over 3000 miles not.
Service schedule says first service at 18000 miles.
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 10:55   #70
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeatman View Post
I think someone mentioned a 3000 mile service in this thread...
Is this specific to XC60? I was not told I need one when my V60 was delivered, and I'm on over 3000 miles not.
Service schedule says first service at 18000 miles.
It's a first check-up rather than a service. Just call the dealer and they'll know what you're on about. Had mine done just before 3,000 and was a useful time to ask a few questions that had cropped up as I got to know the car better.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote