Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Geartronic goes to neutral

Views : 4981

Replies : 67

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 17:53   #61
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Tem

I take it from the highlands your nearest dealer is Arnold Clark in Inverness then?? You had any dealings with them in the past?
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 18:03   #62
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
Tem

I take it from the highlands your nearest dealer is Arnold Clark in Inverness then?? You had any dealings with them in the past?
Yes.
They are my main dealer. There service is very good
Bought my second XC90 from them and now awaiting delivery of an XC60.

Point to note:-
If you have your car in a Volvo workshop for any reason, they have to check to see if any upgrades/updates are required, before they can sign off the paperwork.
No Volvo should be released back to the owner, until this is carried out.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 19:34   #63
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Tem

I refuse to buy anything from them on a point of principle from ANY Clarks garage. The service received in the past has been appalling to say the least. My servicing is done by a local garage and I got the fact that Volvo would allow me to do that with the brand new 1 in writing before I purchased the xc90. Clarks only get any warranty work to do to the car.

I hope that your new xc60 is a good car. I did consider one but its a wee bit boderline on the towing weight for my caravan hence I went with the xc90.

I know they are supposed to check for updates BUT as they told me there were none available and the dealer I purchased from said there should be that was when, yet again, Volvo UK got involved. Everytime I need anything from them I have to go to Volvo to get it done. On the day I had to go for my upgrade of the TMC there were 5 people at the service desk complaining about car interiors being dirty, jobs not being done and 1 couple that had travelled up from Montrose only to find out that they had forgotten to put there booking in the diary. I take it you're seeing a pattern here?? lolol

How they still have the dealership is beyond me!!
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 19:54   #64
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Tem

I refuse to buy anything from them on a point of principle from ANY Clarks garage. The service received in the past has been appalling to say the least. My servicing is done by a local garage and I got the fact that Volvo would allow me to do that with the brand new 1 in writing before I purchased the xc90. Clarks only get any warranty work to do to the car.

I hope that your new xc60 is a good car. I did consider one but its a wee bit boderline on the towing weight for my caravan hence I went with the xc90.

I know they are supposed to check for updates BUT as they told me there were none available and the dealer I purchased from said there should be that was when, yet again, Volvo UK got involved. Everytime I need anything from them I have to go to Volvo to get it done. On the day I had to go for my upgrade of the TMC there were 5 people at the service desk complaining about car interiors being dirty, jobs not being done and 1 couple that had travelled up from Montrose only to find out that they had forgotten to put there booking in the diary. I take it you're seeing a pattern here?? lolol

How they still have the dealership is beyond me!!
100%, no problems in Inverness.
Excellent Service Dept, from the reception, right through to the workshop.

I have been to Volvo Service Depts in Inverness, Perth, Huddersfield, Hull and several in mainland Europe and always had instant attention, with any issues that have cropped up.

tem.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 20:01   #65
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Never had to use Inverness so cant comment on them but the rest have always been good but then I've only used 3 others.

Barnetts at Dundee, Lloyds in Carlise and Doves down in Croydon.The 3 Ive used have been excellent with problems only coming from the Aberdeen dealer!!! As I said earlier 5 folk with complaints in one 2 hour period is a bit high im sure you'll agree.

Should also add that most of the dealers in Aberdeen have the same attitude really hence my BMW came from CAlterdons in Inverness. Last car I bought in Aberdeen was my Audi and Theyre about as bad. The service manager ran my a6 home to check the mpg and picked his kids up in it. I was handed the car back with some sticky drink spilt all over the seats in the rear.

Last edited by 4wheeldriver; Dec 7th, 2008 at 20:06.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 22:00   #66
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Never had to use Inverness so cant comment on them but the rest have always been good but then I've only used 3 others.

Barnetts at Dundee, Lloyds in Carlise and Doves down in Croydon.The 3 Ive used have been excellent with problems only coming from the Aberdeen dealer!!! As I said earlier 5 folk with complaints in one 2 hour period is a bit high im sure you'll agree.

Should also add that most of the dealers in Aberdeen have the same attitude really hence my BMW came from CAlterdons in Inverness. Last car I bought in Aberdeen was my Audi and Theyre about as bad. The service manager ran my a6 home to check the mpg and picked his kids up in it. I was handed the car back with some sticky drink spilt all over the seats in the rear.
You paint a bleak picture of Aberdeen - It must be due to all the radiation, emmitted from the granite.

Your comment, regarding complaints about the state of the car interior, has me puzzled.
Every Service Dept (Volvo and non Volvo), fit a seat cover/floor cover, before doing any work.
Not everyone is tidy and a lot of folk think that the s--t that they leave behind them, should be cleaned up by someone else.
Not so, as the inside of the car is personnal, not to be interferred by some mechanic.
Clean the bodywork, after service, yes - but nothing else.

Audi?
A friend of mine has one. He told me that his Service Manager informed him, that they had instructions, to only carry out warranty work, if it involved safety?
Not so, with Volvo.

As a footnote:-

My family, including myself, have had numerous Renault's, Mers'c, BMW's and Volvo's, all from Inverness and never had any problems.

Is it our local? Possibly.
Everyone knows someone, in our neck of the woods and any bad experiances, would be soon passed on.

Aberdeen?
Left the real world when oil took over.
The local population has suffered, since.

My views, alone.

tem.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 22:16   #67
4wheeldriver
Master Member

TEm

I agree with you completely on the oil thing. As I said the salesman at BMW in Inverness turned hoops for me and when the car was 2 days late due to the dvla taking 10 days to transfer my plate over rather then have me break up my hol to collect it they delivered it down to North Berwick for me!!! Totally foc and even got the delivery guy to refill the tank with diesel for me!!

Doves in Croydon where ive now had 2 cars from (mine and a c30 for my Mother) are the same. CAnt do enough for you!!

I had my xc in to get a new flap on the cup holder car came out clean enough but I never thought to look in the back till a couple of days later. Now I have CAlcite leather interior and it was HANGING!!!! and to prove it was their mechanic he'd left a wee pinch bar in the rear too. Took me an hour to clean all the dirt off the rear seats at the drivers side.

Mums car went in when there was a clip broke for a wheel arch extension and it came back with 2 size 10 oily boot prints and a kerbed alloy!!!

You can see why im reluctant to have anything to do with them now Il bet!! lol
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 23:11   #68
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Red face

Well everyonr the saga goes on. I've just had the dealer cal my car in for another update to some of the electronics. Dunno what it is this time as the last one they did seemed to sort the gearbox prob so god knows what its for this time. Seemingly it only takes an hour. Any ideas from anyone what this could be now. Kinda iffy bout taking it in again when ive just got the gearbox working lol.