Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required

Views : 61845

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 17:06   #51
Luigi

Hi Emer
Car year Sept. 2006
Car was about 5 yrs old when it went
244 GL Auto Siver SOLD..
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luigi For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 12:38   #52
Smith4281

Hi all, I've also had the dreaded anti-skid service message appear, but not for the 1st time. It 1st appeared last winter, stayed on for about a day then nothing since, until last week when it appeared and went off again after a couple of restarts. It is know permanently on, and has been for a few days, booked into volvo in derby tomorrow for a diagnostic (£78), will post how it goes. Incidentally, the abs still works fine.
Smith4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 16:45   #53
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Before spending lots of money have a quick check of axle bots are tightened correctly.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 11:08   #54
Smith4281

Call back from dealership, yaw sensor faulty, quoted £570
Smith4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 15:25   #55
orfeous

Got this message myself S40N 2006 (~12400 swedish mil)
Also about service power steering.
orfeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 17:25   #56
evista

Default anti skid message

we also had the dreaded message appear on our 57 plate v50,turned out to be the bcm/hydraulic unit,but as had dealer service history cost was reduced to £400 which was still a shock for a part that is know to fail.
evista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 23:25   #57
twonk
Lee

Angry bloody Volvo UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy builder View Post
Good for you, I sometimes think all we get on here is moaning and whinging about how bad these cars are, not true.

But some good comes from sites like this, if I hadn't seen this original post I would have been seriously worried, but I asked the question at my local Volvo dealer and got it done for free too.

All down to this site.
my light came up yesterday - took it into main dealer & they cheerfully told me it needs a replacement Hydraulic unit (£1000 to do it). They also said that Volvo would contribute as it is a known issue UP TO 5 years and my car is 2 months older than that.

Now am faced with a massive bill and looking everywhere for a rebuild service. First Volvo I've ever owned & I loved it until this.

Rang Volvo UK & the first idiot told me he'd never heard of this issue & the car was 7 years old so "tough sh*t", rang again & got someone else who told me that Volvo would help for up to 5 years but as my car is 2 months over that deadline "sorry but tough sh*t".

I've had Vauxhalls that were reliable & cheap to fix, a Mazda that was utterly bullet proof - the first really nice car I buy & the bloody thing turns into a lemon.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers,
Lee
twonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 21:03   #58
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Lee have a search on here there is companies that can re-con your original unit for approx. £150 - £250 depending on where you go. This has been done by many and the details of companies used are around the forum.

I'd point you in the right direction normally to a relevant post but haven't got the time just now to do the searches but try 'anti skid abs ecu' and see what you get.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 21:10   #59
evista

Default fixing

hi,if you check out honest johns website,there is a link to a company repairing them.if that helps
evista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 21:40   #60
simontie

Default sad but happy now

well I have just joined I broke down on the way home this evening with this warning on the s40 2lt d 2008 with 55 k on the clock regularly serviced at Volvo dealerships I would have to say this is a bit of good news I have had a few Volvos and swmbo ~(she who must be obeyed) won't drive anything else to be fair she uses it the most so I can not complain but I did have the feeling it was about to get expensive hopefully now it wont real glad I joind this forum
many thanks for the blog
simontie
simontie is offline   Reply With Quote