Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Early Impressions

Views : 10599

Replies : 139

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 15:41   #51
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
don't bother about what Volvo site says, its never accurate.

Dealer has a better idea. and more accurate

maybe mid October for you
Reply back from dealer.
They still have the 10th October for the car to arrive.
Here's hopping, no further delay.

tem.
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 17:08   #52
neon
Premier Member

Just done a 120 mile run on the M1. At one point my wife asked if a window was open. Looks like I will be contacting the dealer about road noise.
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 18:35   #53
AB-UK
Premier Member

Just so long as the windows were fully up.
Did you lower and then raise them to see if they fit snugly?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 20:35   #54
Lexman8
Premier Member

Yes, worth checking the windows. Soon after I got my car I thought it was noisier than usual. Discovered that the r/o/s window was open about 2mm. Not enough to be obvious but enough to let extra noise into the cabin.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 22:50   #55
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Just done a 120 mile run on the M1. At one point my wife asked if a window was open. Looks like I will be contacting the dealer about road noise.
The gap for the rear window blinds lets noise in the cabin and the B posts let noise in, like your wife I thought there was a window slightly open, I had extra sound proofing fitted in the B posts after complaining, but the suspension/tyre noise is what spoils this car for me.

2017 MY D5 inscription with air suspension and 20" wheels, very disappoining.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2016, 22:55   #56
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
The gap for the rear window blinds lets noise in the cabin and the B posts let noise in, like your wife I thought there was a window slightly open, I had extra sound proofing fitted in the B posts after complaining, but the suspension/tyre noise is what spoils this car for me.

2017 MY D5 inscription with air suspension and 20" wheels, very disappoining.
When you say Extra sound proofing for B Posts, I wonder what exactly have they done? doesn't sound like a simple dealer job. Was the car sent back to the factory? how long did it take?

Just curious to know
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 00:29   #57
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Yes, worth checking the windows. Soon after I got my car I thought it was noisier than usual. Discovered that the r/o/s window was open about 2mm. Not enough to be obvious but enough to let extra noise into the cabin.
I don't think any were open even slightly but I will check next opportunity to check noise. It was very apparent that when on smooth roads there is very little road noise, but then move onto a slightly older surface and it is pretty loud, seems to amplify. You know what our motorways and roads are like, many different surfaces. It is more apparent once you are at 70-75mph. Not been above that speed yet really.
Now have the Volvo 6 spoke 19" wheels and 235/55/R19 - Michelin Latitude Sport 3 tyres. Need to decide if I should try them or wait and have winter tyres fitted on them as winter wheels.
Part of me is saying I should not have to change my wheels on a 6 day old £55k car.

Last edited by neon; Sep 27th, 2016 at 00:35.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 09:09   #58
AB-UK
Premier Member

I've previously commented on the build quality of our roads and how the government should insist that all roads are constructed/repaired using the same method/materials which result in the whisper quiet sections we often find on roads.

It literally isn't rocket science and only requires a couple of functioning brain cells from someone in Government to recognise this solution.

These differences in road quality and noise probably affect every vehicle which passes over them. My normally quiet and smooth Exec develops an unpleasant roar over certain patches, and extended stretches of the M42, which make listening to the radio a bit hit and miss.

Until the Government employ someone with the common sense to effect these changes - and I am currently available - then we will all suffer from the shoddy state of our roads.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 09:31   #59
tankplanker

Without going too far off topic, the UK lacks any sort of long term planning for all forms of transport, mostly because nobody wants to pay for it.

If everybody who could work from home did the majority of the time the transport network would be under far less pressure.

I hate the M42 with a passion, it can take as long to travel the length of the M42 as it does for the rest of my journey that is three times further.
MY17 Volvo XC90 D5 Inscription in Bright Silver with Blond Nappa leather, laminated and tinted side glass, sunroof, power cushions and folding headrests, winter and seven seat comfort packs, heated rear seats, retractable tow bar
tankplanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2016, 09:52   #60
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
I've previously commented on the build quality of our roads and how the government should insist that all roads are constructed/repaired using the same method/materials which result in the whisper quiet sections we often find on roads.

It literally isn't rocket science and only requires a couple of functioning brain cells from someone in Government to recognise this solution.

These differences in road quality and noise probably affect every vehicle which passes over them. My normally quiet and smooth Exec develops an unpleasant roar over certain patches, and extended stretches of the M42, which make listening to the radio a bit hit and miss.

Until the Government employ someone with the common sense to effect these changes - and I am currently available - then we will all suffer from the shoddy state of our roads.
Yes understand what you mean and accept but not like our road quality, but with my Mercedes about 20% of the roads were an issue, with the Volvo now about 70% are an issue on road noise. So that is more of a car design issue.

Last edited by neon; Sep 27th, 2016 at 09:54.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neon For This Useful Post: