Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Indie. Rolling Road Results

Views : 11644

Replies : 200

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 16:43   #51
bb54
diy bhp

YAWN !!!

as an *expert* with 10 minutes thread reading experience, i prefer to estimate my whp@crank, guess at my bhp@wheels , add both together and divide by two. lol

i then throw the figures away and am happy in the knowledge that i have 200+ bhpwhp motor that goes like stink. lol

nice touch BC/SW's , a charge free run for all volvos, feel the LOV.

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 16:45   #52
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Smile

To lighten up the atmosphere in this thread, the Hula-Banana's would like to perform their dance routine...

___ _____ ____
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 16:54   #53
WAYNET5ER

I will take it that mine has between 10-100bhp less than when it was new due to age and millage,i will find out if and when i get to put it on a rolling road

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
WAYNE.MORTON@MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 16:57   #54
hamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap
Thanks for the reply Hamish. Regretfully, I was unable to make it for the dyno day at SW Autos at the weekend so I don't know which model it is as I have not seen it myself. Which model of rolling road was your previous one and did that have analogue dials too in combination with electronic data acquisition software, and if so was that a "SUN RAM 12"? Sorry if I got the nomenclature wrong but as you can possibly imagine, I've never owned one of these things before!
Pyaap,

If it helps it was my SUN Road a Matic 11 that I sold as scrap for £500 to a grass tracker from Wales. (it was probably this Dyno you saw at Bromsgrove).
I gave my SUN Road a Matic 12 to a friend from Sweden (who promptly blew it up while installing it at his shop !)

Both were good Dynos in their day, however that was a long time ago things move on and we found that our customers were no longer prepared to accept paying good money for dyno runs on antiquated equipment with 'Dr. Who' gauges !

Regards,
Hamish.

P.S. The above comment is directed at my own previous dyno and no other.

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 16:59   #55
WAYNET5ER

i have had a thought would SW AUTO`s not be the best people to answer what RR they have??????????????????

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 17:03   #56
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish
Pyaap,

P.S. The above comment is directed at my own previous dyno and no other.
Well put mate,should be no confusion over this,well hopefully unless some one decides to twist what you are saying like they did me

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 17:11   #57
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNET5ER
I am not even close to being upset.As for the "scrapyard" reference it is you that has pointed out Don`s car and i never made any suggestions about his car at all it seems you are tryng to twist what i am saying.I was making reference to the rest of the picture not the cars!!!As it looks like the scrapyard were i used to go.I have seen Dons car close up and for what he used/needs it for then it is the perfect car.Please do not try and twist what i have written untill it is explained in full.
P.S i have been to Avon park and tbh it does have a certain scrapyard feel to it
My sincere apologies on that count; it came across differently in the context it was quoted in. Avon park a scrapyard?? You've gotta be joking! I was too busy looking at (with my toungue touching the floor admittedly) the top-fuelled methanol beasts running 8-9 sec 1/4 miles!!

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 17:13   #58
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timway
To lighten up the atmosphere in this thread, the Hula-Banana's would like to perform their dance routine...

___ _____ ____
Noooo!! I want mine, in person, right here in front of me (you know which hospital don't you Tim - pls get it organised!)!!! Dammit, there goes my pager again...............see ya!

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 17:14   #59
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
My sincere apologies on that count; it came across differently in the context it was quoted in. Avon park a scrapyard?? You've gotta be joking! I was too busy looking at (with my toungue touching the floor admittedly) the top-fuelled methanol beasts running 8-9 sec 1/4 miles!!
More the entrance and the drive up to the car parke area

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 17:26   #60
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Quote:
Noooo!! I want mine, in person, right here in front of me (you know which hospital don't you Tim - pls get it organised!)!!! Dammit, there goes my pager again...............see ya!
I'll do my best! just try to keep them out of the Psychiatric ward if there is one there - dont want any relapses