Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Views : 47735

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 30th, 2011, 07:10   #51
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Saw my dealer today who told me that all future software updates will be automatically installed as from this Oct under some new Volvo marketing ploy to make sure you get your Volvo serviced by a Volvo dealer........
They do this as part of the service already - at least they have when mine has been serviced - I suspect more bull from a salesman, who tend to just open their mouths and let their belly rumble.
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 13:20   #52
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike72uk View Post
SCW, I had a look today on my MY11.5 (took delivery 27th May) ans mine does not appear to have that option under Nav/Settings.....is it possible to check the version of the sensus software so that I coudl compare? Have you perhaps had the Sensus version updated? and if so, how did you achieve this.? I'm desperate to add back functionality that was on MY10 and earlier cars !
Sorry for the delay; just got back from holiday. I got an email from the dealer on 9th of June informing me that the software update had just been released, so you should insist the update is applied to your car at the QAI if you've not already had it.

For reference, my satnav now reports:
Software Version: 0995
Map Version: V 30.10.51
scw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 13:19   #53
mavrick

Default speedcamera's

hi guy's i am new on this forum, and have a question.
dos somebody know how to put speed camera's on the navigation system of the xc 60

thanks
mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 15:42   #54
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
hi guy's i am new on this forum, and have a question.
dos somebody know how to put speed camera's on the navigation system of the xc 60

thanks
Mavrick.
Suggest you go back to post no 28 and read onwards which explains how to install on a Senus XC60, you will also see screen images of the installation procedure. The download site used also has full European files available as well.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 18:19   #55
bawdt5k

I too have downloaded the cameras as POI and installed them successfully, the only thing I can't figure out is how to get a camera icon - it's not in the choice of icons available even though I copied the .bmp files across. There are 2 blank icons at the top of the list though, so I'm wondering if these are the image files and just something has gone wrong? Is there a way to manually copy across the images on their own?

Also - for the people that have noticed they only get the warning sound when driving one way and when they turn around they don't get it - as far as I'm aware an alert is made at a set distance (think its 500m), so if you travel past the camera by a distance of say 400m, then it won't alert you again... not unless you travel more than 500m and then come back on yourself.
bawdt5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 20:28   #56
jmills01

I had the same problem initially and then re-read the instructions. You're right about the blank icons - just select the blank one and it should work.

Cheers
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 20:37   #57
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawdt5k View Post
I too have downloaded the cameras as POI and installed them successfully, the only thing I can't figure out is how to get a camera icon - it's not in the choice of icons available even though I copied the .bmp files across. There are 2 blank icons at the top of the list though, so I'm wondering if these are the image files and just something has gone wrong? Is there a way to manually copy across the images on their own?

Also - for the people that have noticed they only get the warning sound when driving one way and when they turn around they don't get it - as far as I'm aware an alert is made at a set distance (think its 500m), so if you travel past the camera by a distance of say 400m, then it won't alert you again... not unless you travel more than 500m and then come back on yourself.
Hi.
Re your 1st query, I too had the same issue when I imported the speed sites first time round. I see you had correctly copied the icon files as .bmp files across - Correct. But if you refer to my above post no 34 & look at photo no 5 you will see the "import icon" field is left BLANK as by default it will use the ones imported from your USB. That same photo shows I used "sound no 1" - I now use sound no 3 which is the sound of a camera flash - more discrete & applicable.

Also thanks for your 2nd para, I think that could be how I went wrong on my initial testing of the functionality.
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 13:55   #58
SJP99

Default XC60 Sat Nav - Safety Cameras

Hi - can anyone please confirm which year map DVDs first came with Safety Cameras on as POIs ?
Thanks
SJP99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 14:50   #59
jimbg
Master Member

Which model year do you have, Sensus cars with HDD do not have them installed from the DVD's

If not read the early posts as it seems as if you have to turn them on.

Last edited by jimbg; Aug 23rd, 2011 at 14:54.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 14:59   #60
darbs
XC60 Owner

an interesting thing i noticed today on the pre-MY11.5 navtech DVD sat nav. the speed camera notice displays in yellow if you are or go above the speed limit before you reach the camera. if you're below the limit, it displays in white. very useful... a few less computations of the brain required to work out if you need to take action!
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote