Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Millstone motors in weymouth

Views : 13476

Replies : 116

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2016, 22:11   #51
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Have the police checked on the cars reg plates to try and track him saying that could be on false plates or random pics of a v70. It must be registerd somewhere

It's taxed which is unusal for a dealership car.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 09:57   #52
RStretton

Hi,

I'm a reporter with the local newspaper in Weymouth - we're looking into this and I've been told that Dorset trading standards are as well. I've spoken to one person who tipped me off about this. Luckily he hasn't handed any money over, but I'm keen to speak to anyone else who's had dealings with them. This can be anonymous if you prefer. Anyone who's interested can reach me on 01305 830978 or rachel.stretton@dorsetecho.co.uk
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RStretton For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2016, 10:43   #53
mike rice

Default Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
Hi,

I'm a reporter with the local newspaper in Weymouth - we're looking into this and I've been told that Dorset trading standards are as well. I've spoken to one person who tipped me off about this. Luckily he hasn't handed any money over, but I'm keen to speak to anyone else who's had dealings with them. This can be anonymous if you prefer. Anyone who's interested can reach me on 01305 830978 or rachel.stretton@dorsetecho.co.uk
Message, email sent
mike rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 12:56   #54
leeste1987

Default Millstone Motors

I bought an Audi a4 avant through these lot - due to be delivered Saturday gone - surprise surprise no show - spoke to the police today (dorset) who confirm its a scam by conmen based in Europe. Spoke to my bank who advised to speak to Barclays as this was the bank I transferred money to and Barclays have pretty much said there will on be a chance of me getting my money back if the money is still in there account - so pretty much looks like im 6k down!

Seemed very genuine at the time - I checked companies house etc etc. too first!
leeste1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 14:12   #55
mike rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeste1987 View Post
I bought an Audi a4 avant through these lot - due to be delivered Saturday gone - surprise surprise no show - spoke to the police today (dorset) who confirm its a scam by conmen based in Europe. Spoke to my bank who advised to speak to Barclays as this was the bank I transferred money to and Barclays have pretty much said there will on be a chance of me getting my money back if the money is still in there account - so pretty much looks like im 6k down!

Seemed very genuine at the time - I checked companies house etc etc. too first!
Exactly what happened to my dad
Old May 16th, 2016, 17:07   #56
Maxyfreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rice View Post
Any news on your situation with your volvo being delivered on tuesday
I contacted the fraud squad,weymouth trading standards and did not get very way due to Data Protection so I then contacted Rachel Stretton at the local press and explained what I thought was going on last week
When there sent the email from CEST Central Europe with different bank details to Mr and Mrs Edwards and not even millstone motors ltd I then started digging with a big shovel,Barclays bank should be held liable for there involvement in the scam as all funds appear to be going to the same person I believe,and if a private bank account is having money paid in and taken straight out they are an accessory to the fact
Millstones clever telephone answering service with automated diverts to pay as go lybra mobiles can be hired for as little as £15 per month with 500 minutes of included diverted calls
Maxyfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 17:57   #57
mike rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxyfreeze View Post
I contacted the fraud squad,weymouth trading standards and did not get very way due to Data Protection so I then contacted Rachel Stretton at the local press and explained what I thought was going on last week
When there sent the email from CEST Central Europe with different bank details to Mr and Mrs Edwards and not even millstone motors ltd I then started digging with a big shovel,Barclays bank should be held liable for there involvement in the scam as all funds appear to be going to the same person I believe,and if a private bank account is having money paid in and taken straight out they are an accessory to the fact
Millstones clever telephone answering service with automated diverts to pay as go lybra mobiles can be hired for as little as £15 per month with 500 minutes of included diverted calls

Nice work, well done. Hope the police find them
Old May 16th, 2016, 18:21   #58
harveys
Master Member

Just looking at there Ebay page ..

This VW is half the price it should be with that mileage , To good to be be true springs to mind...12 months warranty is £300 - 500.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152070096735

Do they push for the "we can deliver it cheap"

Also only one car sold with feed back and that's very cheap .
get onto Ebay to get them removed from there.
Not sure what they needed to be setup as a dealership? .

Last edited by harveys; May 16th, 2016 at 19:00.
harveys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harveys For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2016, 19:17   #59
mike rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveys View Post
Just looking at there Ebay page ..

This VW is half the price it should be with that mileage , To good to be be true springs to mind...12 months warranty is £300 - 500.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152070096735

Do they push for the "we can deliver it cheap"

Also only one car sold with feed back and that's very cheap .
get onto Ebay to get them removed from there.
Not sure what they needed to be setup as a dealership? .
Cheap delivery 90quid, from weymouth to Ipswich. Tried talking to eBay but they wanted to hear it from the police
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike rice For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2016, 20:28   #60
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rice View Post
Cheap delivery 90quid, from weymouth to Ipswich. Tried talking to eBay but they wanted to hear it from the police
I'm suprised they are usually very good at resolving things they were constantly on my back I sold something for a friend and stupidly used my account when my friend didn't make what he thought he was going to make he changed his mind the poor buyer wasn't happy wasn't my doing I would never let anyone use my account again.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote