Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

National Rally & Bkv 2012.

Views : 5514

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 10th, 2012, 00:15   #51
mixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Hi Mixa I can't answer your querie,Well I could but I feel I'm not qualified to discuss and more importantly I am "NOT" a spokesperson for the club.I just stick my nose in every now and again.
I try to help out by answering folks queries but have no official capacity to discuss in house matters.It's not a secret society just complicated for a fool like me.
Maybe if you joined and attended the annual general meetings you would find out where every penny goes.It's quite interesting just how much everything costs.
And I can assure you we have "NO" paid full time staff.

I still feel it is money well spent as any discount will soon pay it back.
Being a voc member got me an insurance renewal of £513 fully comp for THREE cars a 240 estate a 740 estate and a six door 940 Limo.Now you can't argue with that.Most other insurance companies I tried wouldn't even quote for the Limo.

I don't know how much a packet of cigarettes cost but a loaf of bread these days can cost £1.49.I smoke hand rolling tobacco and a 50g pouch costs £15.50 and only lasts me a week.I don't drink but could easily blow £40 one nite if I did.

Sermon over but I still say it's not to much for the potential savings.
Regards Brian.
i do see what you meen and probably will join but would be more interested if there was an active area local which seems not to be
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:08   #52
andy_d
Premier Member

as im on a roll tonight,,

ok so there isnt an Active area local to you,,
so,, join, speak with the "club" ,,and set about this lack of a local active doobery ,,n Start one,, im sure the "club" would give you as much advice as they can on how /etc

*club,, the VOC & the VOC Forums,, both lots
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:57   #53
mollusk
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark90 View Post
I have friends that work at that nick and it can therefore be arranged if required
"Stop press" A new attraction will be available - Feeding the Mollusk through the bars ( cold hose-downs hourly).

Mollusk.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:25   #54
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Thumbs up

There is an East Midlands section based in Leicester but not too many members at present. There is also a Nottingham Trent Valley section, based not surprisingly in Nottingham, both have regular monthly meetings.

Hopefully the facilities for those camping will include the toilet blocks being open all the time to avoid the need to nip into Sherwood Forest in the dead of night. This is the one area of organisation that has caused problems in the past.

I agree that organising an event such as the National is pretty hard work but none the less well appreciated by members. The DEFRA rules are fairly strongly polced to ensure compliance, and yes you have to be a VOC member to take advantage of the camping dispensation. Being a forum user is not the same thing.

As others have pointed out, £29 for a year membership is good value, it would cost a lot more just for overnight camping fees for 3 days.
Other than that, lets all have a good weekend this year!

regards, Richard.
93240se is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93240se For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:56   #55
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile Mixa

You apear to be a person very hard to please 3 clubs at 15 each and your still not satisfied ,well i can understand that if a Volvo club apears befor your eyes ,now you say in your post that there has been nothing in East Midlands since i believe last year .Well i am sat here this morning with my April Voc Magazine and i notice that there was no meeting in January, there was one in Febuary one in March one in April one just gone in May there wont be one as normal in beginninig of June oweing to the Jubilee but there will probably be an end of June and July meet all in one..These are all get togethers and it looks like they are held at the Riseing sun at Shackerstone East Midlands..I will give you a name and contact mumber,,here goes,,Jacqueline Ragg sectratary on phone no 01
162 673663 or you can e-mail ,,robandjaki.ragg@talktalk.net
Sorry about that trust this info will help ..cheers sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:24   #56
DWM
VOC Member

Still not sure whether I can actually make it, but the logic of these posts is pretty unanswerable. And it sounds as if Phoenix is needed to bump up numbers. So as of today I have finally started paying my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
700 owners are clearly outnumbered by 900s, and again my view is that the 700 is in a blind spot from both the classic movement and the VOCs perspective. ...

Let's make this summer's BKV one to remember and the BKV that launched the 700 Series into the"limelight".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
I assume not - but £29 for all the usual benefits as well as free camping for the BKV is pretty good still!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
if a non member wishes to attend and wishes to stay over say Fri-Mon - then join the club now. You pay £34.00 and CC on site - and are a member. Attend and CC on a nearby site and you'll pay at least £10.00/night for a pitch and you're still a non member!!
Old May 10th, 2012, 13:03   #57
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile Mollusk

Hello and good morning Mac glad you took the jesting on a good part Behind bars and wanting a cooling down every other hour,that can be arranged and the bananas or any other fruit includeing sour grapes if you want.I did notice that someone else said they have freinds at the local nick and they can arrange the put you up each night,let me know where you are staying so i can avoid.now my wife and i must look for a local B/B with ground floor accomadation,possibly two rooms en-suite i snore to heavy so would keep her awake..regards sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
Old May 10th, 2012, 15:06   #58
mixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvic View Post
You apear to be a person very hard to please 3 clubs at 15 each and your still not satisfied ,well i can understand that if a Volvo club apears befor your eyes ,now you say in your post that there has been nothing in East Midlands since i believe last year .Well i am sat here this morning with my April Voc Magazine and i notice that there was no meeting in January, there was one in Febuary one in March one in April one just gone in May there wont be one as normal in beginninig of June oweing to the Jubilee but there will probably be an end of June and July meet all in one..These are all get togethers and it looks like they are held at the Riseing sun at Shackerstone East Midlands..I will give you a name and contact mumber,,here goes,,Jacqueline Ragg sectratary on phone no 01
162 673663 or you can e-mail ,,robandjaki.ragg@talktalk.net
Sorry about that trust this info will help ..cheers sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
Not that hard realy non of them will be renewed as
FMOC= was for the Mondeo ST24 which has now been striped and the body scraped .
VVOC and Vauxhall Modified for my Vectra ST 2lt No.0023 which is soon going to a new home all due to purchasing my V70 which is my first volvo wish i had bought one before as its just brilliant plenty of room for the dog wheelchair and the rest of the stuff the misses needs,plus comfort and power when needed and built like a tank should have got one years ago its a 1999 V70 SE petrol auto
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mixa For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2012, 15:33   #59
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile mixa

Have we finally got through to you at last blooooody marvalous,enjoy your V70 the way i have enjoyed all my volvo,s since 1968,my present car is a 25year old Volvo 740 estate enjoy...regards sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
Old May 10th, 2012, 16:39   #60
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Default Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmeringo View Post
Hi Vic, I dont know if the £5 applies to members who are just renewing?
Just renewed mine, £29.99
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post: