Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Recharge Ultimate (my23) - Google Automotive is awful

Views : 15552

Replies : 153

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2022, 23:01   #51
ma42

The dealer advised me to write to Volvo customer care - custcare@volvocars.com

Perhaps if enough of us make our complaints known the more likely Volvo will respond with positive action.
ma42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ma42 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 07:58   #52
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

When it's fully bugged out and all the functions that it should've had added it'll be a great system, how long before that happens who knows, what you need to hope is that they don't walk away from it and end it's development.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 11:26   #53
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
When it's fully bugged out and all the functions that it should've had added it'll be a great system, how long before that happens who knows, what you need to hope is that they don't walk away from it and end it's development.
That happened to me 2 cars ago with a Jaguar XF. Bought a demo vehicle from a Jag dealer when it was 12 months old. Fully spec'd AWD with the inControl Touch system. 1st it starts with no map updates, then after a few months it comes down the grapevine that they have stopped support. I discovered that when the car was not quite 2 years old.
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 08:06   #54
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Just for clarity what are the solutions for listening to music on AAOS does it have to be good old fashioned DAB radio or streaming via Spotify/Deezer or something similar? Can you play internet radio as with Alexa in your home just shout at it to play a radio station?

With Sensus it is a pain having to stamp all music for it to work via usb when every other car I've owned with a USB was simply plug in and get on with it!
FM / DAB, Internet Radio (Tune In, Online Radio and others), Spotify, Tidal, Youtube Music (using cars free four year data) and probably others I have not found plus bluetooth streaming from the phone, and apple car play.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 09:27   #55
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma42 View Post
That happened to me 2 cars ago with a Jaguar XF. Bought a demo vehicle from a Jag dealer when it was 12 months old. Fully spec'd AWD with the inControl Touch system. 1st it starts with no map updates, then after a few months it comes down the grapevine that they have stopped support. I discovered that when the car was not quite 2 years old.
Yeah that happens as well, I think Google will want to promote their system in cars so it shouldn't happen this time. I think Google is using this as a beta test for the day they launch their own car brand one system at a time until they reach the point that they have every system working properly then build them all into a Google branded shell.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 13:37   #56
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
Yeah that happens as well, I think Google will want to promote their system in cars so it shouldn't happen this time. I think Google is using this as a beta test for the day they launch their own car brand one system at a time until they reach the point that they have every system working properly then build them all into a Google branded shell.
Volvo and Audi were the initial partners with Google in the development of AAOS.

Many more manufacturers are introducing the system to their cars in the next year or so, including

Renault/Nissan
Stellantis - Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat etc
General Motors
Ford
Honda
BMW in some of their their cars too!!

I would imagine that there will be a lot more development in the coming months for the system to operate in the above
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 11:25   #57
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
Volvo and Audi were the initial partners with Google in the development of AAOS.

Many more manufacturers are introducing the system to their cars in the next year or so, including

Renault/Nissan
Stellantis - Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat etc
General Motors
Ford
Honda
BMW in some of their their cars too!!

I would imagine that there will be a lot more development in the coming months for the system to operate in the above
History of AAOS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Automotive
It's first implementation was in a Polestar 2 July 2020. They've had 2 years to enhance to develop AAOS so that it had at least the equivalent functionality and usability as Sensus. Looking at the state of AAOS now, I find it hard to imagine how bad the initial implementations must have been.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 19:55   #58
Pete davies

We too picked our new V60 hybrid up last Saturday. Totally agree that the phone app has taken a large backward step. Had a 2018 V60 previously. That car was removed from our app, the app updated and the new car added. Half the useful things gone.
Pete davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2022, 11:30   #59
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete davies View Post
We too picked our new V60 hybrid up last Saturday. Totally agree that the phone app has taken a large backward step. Had a 2018 V60 previously. That car was removed from our app, the app updated and the new car added. Half the useful things gone.
regrettably, it's not just the paucity of the phone app. The design of the centre screen and access to vehicle settings is very poorly designed. Dangerous if, for example, you want to change from the speed limiter to adaptive cruise control or to change from hybrid to AWD as you have to take your eyes of the road ahead to choose different modes. Ridiculous for a company that constantly pushes its supposed commitment to safety.
Old Oct 5th, 2022, 14:25   #60
Duri13

Seriously, when you want to change from Pilot Assist to ACC, it is no longer possible on the steering wheel? Just asking...I have not touched a "google car" yet but I am more and more convinced that my current XC90 will be my last Volvo
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duri13 For This Useful Post:

Tags
android automotive, mobile app, usb, v60, v60 2023 phev