Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo C30 2.0D "Shark Performance" nightmare!

Views : 35840

Replies : 324

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 21st, 2015, 18:07   #41
yalrafai

Default Some success from Volvo today

Just picked up my car from Volvo. Drive's perfectly in 1st and 2nd gear back to normal pre-remap however 3rd, 4th and 5th gear still having issues. Taking it back tomorrow morning for another full days work to hopefully fix the car in the higher gears.
Photo uploaded show's what they did today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.6 KB, 159 views)
yalrafai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 18:57   #42
cjj

Quite an uncertainly worded invoice.

Sounds like they've performed an ECM reload just because there wasn't any freeze frame data with the DTC (not really a big issue).

Sounds like it was a fuel delivery issue - normally down to a clogged fuel filter in these ford engines. When was that last changed?
cjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:26   #43
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalrafai View Post
Just picked up my car from Volvo. Drive's perfectly in 1st and 2nd gear back to normal pre-remap however 3rd, 4th and 5th gear still having issues. Taking it back tomorrow morning for another full days work to hopefully fix the car in the higher gears.
I'm sorry but that invoice is laughable, they've clearly just written on it exactly what you've asked them to, albeit slightly more vague that you'd have liked I would imagine.

The £42.60 you've spent on the ecm reload is exactly what we did for you FOC when you bought your car back to us.

I await further details. Still no phone call.
t: 01623 332233

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:27   #44
Guru
Premier Member

Quote:
ECM-0089 would mean a faulty fuel pump reg. valve> THIS THING HERE which is often the weakest link in the chain after a remap, however it's failure cannot be predicted in advance.
It is part of the fuel pump, but I wouldn't expect Volvo to replace it separately.. they'd just go for a whole pump if the car keeps nagging, and that would cost over a thousand pounds to replace.
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:40   #45
shark90
Shark Performance

I've just checked on Volvo's systems and I can see they've reloaded your ECM today at 14:57:46.

The software number is now 31355492 (see ECM D part numbers with today's date in red above them)

It was previously 31355492 (see Software Part Number dated 2015-08-24 from when we first looked at the car)

See images attached

This means Volvo have charged you to do an ECM reload for absolutely no reason, the software is now the same as it was in August before you visited, and in November after you visited us and we put it back to stock.

ECU maps do not corrupt or leave anything behind that can cause running issues. If any of our software were still present on your ECU then there would be a ECM Checksum error logged showing that the software is no longer original. If the software were corrupted in any way, the car would not start (that's what a checksum is there to safeguard against).

I'm glad your car is driving better but I'm afraid the only useful work that Volvo have done for you today is the DPF regen. We charge £90+VAT to do that.

So who is robbing who here? I can assure you that Shark Performance will not be paying for any remedial work when the cause is not clear, the diagnosis is inconclusive and the rectification cannot be proven to be anything to do with the work carried out by us.

Images removed because it apparently breached the data protection act (although anyone driving past the car could clearly see the registration number and take note of it if they so wished).

Images re-added, hope that solves the data protection issue, sorry!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 20.32.50.jpg (66.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Parallels Picture.jpg (175.0 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by shark90; Dec 21st, 2015 at 20:58.
The Following User Says Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:43   #46
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
No chance that it would have passed its MOT either with the awful clouds of smoke coming from the exhaust whilst I had the map on!
I'm also interested to hear about this, as the car clearly has a DPF (from your Volvo invoice) then how could smoke have been coming from the back of the car? The DPF is there to collect that smoke so that it's not visible at the tailpipe.

The Following User Says Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:47   #47
Rooster
Speed freak

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed??

How many miles has the car done??

When was the last time the gearbox oil was changed (service item)??

What fuel has it got in it, ie where do you fill up??

What exactly is it doing at what, gear, revs, speed??
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:48   #48
yalrafai

Shark90 - you have absolutely no right to posting my vehicle registration on the internet. A clear breach of the data protection act.
Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:51   #49
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Shark90 - you have absolutely no right to posting my vehicle registration on the internet. A clear breach of the data protection act.
Ah ha, so one avenue of nailing me isn't working, so you look for another one! Many apologies for that, it never even crossed my mind. I'll edit it for you.

Old Dec 21st, 2015, 20:56   #50
yalrafai

Nailing you? I just want justice for the problems that I have experienced with my car ever since having a shark map fitted. If I save someone else from going through the same experience then that's a good thing. I'm sure there are many shark customers who are happy with their experience but for me it's been the polar opposite and I'm not just going to sit quietly whilst I've been left with a faulty car with no remap and I've paid a packet.