Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collected the car today

Views : 22646

Replies : 303

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2016, 18:45   #41
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
I have a one year old and a three year old... and have ordered the blond leather

I prefer the lighter look and feel it makes it more airy. I do fully expect to be cleaning / protecting it more often. No pain no gain!
From experience so far (Amber which is very light too) the most leather cleaning is on driver bolsters, kids areas have next to no leather mess (only where adult hands fumble around seat belt locks) just hoovering - mine are in child seats. I think black is probably worse with kids as it will show every crumb which is the most common child mess.
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 20:02   #42
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post

I'm about 20 miles away in a village near Wakefield. But you're correct, there is that 'Yorkshire' look to it.

(Re the house/stonework: although the house is about 20 years old, the stone is well over 100 years old. It was reclaimed from an old brewery that was being demolished. Each piece of stone is incredibly dense and extremely heavy. Extra deep foundations were required.)
Interesting, I think we may pass each other a few times when I get mine as I am in between Huddersfield and Wakefield in a village with a house built from York stone.
Which dealer did you buy from.

Last edited by neon; Jul 21st, 2016 at 20:38.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 20:29   #43
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post

I'm about 20 miles away in a village near Wakefield. But you're correct, there is that 'Yorkshire' look to it.

(Re the house/stonework: although the house is about 20 years old, the stone is well over 100 years old. It was reclaimed from an old brewery that was being demolished. Each piece of stone is incredibly dense and extremely heavy. Extra deep foundations were required.)
Your house reminds me of a farmhouse that I used to stay in at Diggle and a friends house in Netherthong.

tem.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 20:40   #44
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Your house reminds me of a farmhouse that I used to stay in at Diggle and a friends house in Netherthong.

tem.
I live 5 miles from Netherthong if it is the one by Holmfirth.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:01   #45
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Yes.
My friend lives in Outlane, Netherthong.

tem.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:03   #46
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Which dealer did you buy from.
I'd heard some good things about the Hudders dealer but as Wakky is much closer I went there. What about you?
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:07   #47
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I have friends who used to live in Thurstonland, not far from Netherthong. Been there often.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:20   #48
neon
Premier Member

I am in Denby Dale, bought from the Huddersfield dealer as he matched best deal, got me a car for a day and was pretty honest. pleased that it was the local dealer.
Did go to Wakefield one after just to check something out. I was surprised on the condition of the dealership in Wakefield though as they have little space.
Great if you have heard good things about the dealers in Huddersfield as I know nothing about them so I wanted to understand what their service is like if I have an issue (I was going to say when but hope not).

Last edited by neon; Jul 21st, 2016 at 21:32.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:23   #49
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Yes.
My friend lives in Outlane, Netherthong.

tem.
Nice area, nearly bought a house in Netherthong. Interesting name.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 21:26   #50
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Just 1 pic tonight

Illuminated door handles with ground lighting. Awesome. Not mentioned anywhere as far as I know.

I tried taking pics of the interior with ambient lighting on but they didn't turn out very well because of nearby street lighting. I'll try again another time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030341.JPG (316.4 KB, 75 views)