Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nextbase DVD Players

Views : 17766

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 10:49   #41
dzphilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Just to clarify, are you now going to purchase the Brodit ones then, instead of the Nextbase Volvo Stanchions you posted the link for...? Thanks
The Brodit ones i have eventually found are cheaper but don't come with a power cable so I'm just trying to work out whether my current stanchion mount cable will fit. Otherwise I need to buy the nextbase version which states that it comes with the cable. Decisions decisions!
dzphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 12:11   #42
TheDufster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzphilli View Post
So I'm ready to purchase - woohoo.
My husband has worked out exactly how to thread the cables up the seat backs and out of the headrest do it should look pretty tidy when fitted.
One thing I wanted to check with Thue Dufster please - i have the click 7 duo - have the Velcro strap and stanchion mounts already as had these in my Renault previously. Do I need a new cable to fit to the brodit mount? Not sure what comes with what. I'm looking for the tidiest fitting possible to ideally one cable per screen.

Thanks!
Deb
Same cable - the Brodit mount is totally passive. The cable fits directly into the "mount" part of the Nextbase unit.

The cable that I have which came with the duo is a single cigarette lighter attachement which branches out into two cables, one for each player.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 12:23   #43
dzphilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
Same cable - the Brodit mount is totally passive. The cable fits directly into the "mount" part of the Nextbase unit.

The cable that I have which came with the duo is a single cigarette lighter attachement which branches out into two cables, one for each player.
Thanks - sorry I'm being a right pain but is the cable needed the multipin connector one??
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 12:53   #44
dzphilli

Actually - am I being really dim?? Does the cable from the lighter therefore plug into the mount or into the actual player???
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 14:47   #45
TheDufster

The cable is nearly round (it has one flattened edge) and has mutliple pins.

There are two parts to the Nextbase Click-and-Go system:

- A "base" that fixes (and stays on) to the Brodit mount
- The DVD player that slides and clicks onto the "base"

The cable plugs into the "base" so therefore once connected never has to be moved/unplugged. The other end plugs into the cigarette lighter socket.

Hope this helps.

Have been using the duo system for over six months now, with 3 kids, and it works really well. Bless our youngest who sits in the middle and gets to watch either screen!

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 13:59   #46
Ishh

Default Thanks!

Thanks The Dufster - some very useful info!
Ishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 22:17   #47
hball

Default 2004 v70?

Hi. Sorry to jump in - first post to this forum and new volvo owner (goodbye BMW!)

Picking up our 2nd hand V70 2004 on Thursday and I've already bought some Nextbase 7" Click & Go Duo from Amazon.

But now reading this I am worried the stantion mounts won't fit and I can't remember what they look like from memory.

I see most posts in this thread seem to be about the new model V70, and the official Nextbase Volvo mounts are for 2007+

Do they work on the 2004 version does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Howard
--
hball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 22:36   #48
hball

might be answering my own question here, and apologies as I know this is not a V70 part of the forum - but I found this photo on google and I think it illustrates how they will not work.

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Volvo-V70_2004_photo_2c.jpg

Oh well - guess I need to buy the Brodit kit as well?
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 09:28   #49
hball

just wanted to let the forum and this thread know I have emailed NextBase customer support asking for replacement stantion parts as I believe their website should cover the Volvo issue off in more detail than it does and is therefore miss representative of the products suitability.

i have asked specifically if I can return my 100% unused stantions and get volvo specific ones, even if I have to pay a small exchange fee for the difference in the price.

i'll keep the forum up to date on my progress with this.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 13:14   #50
hball

Have now spoken with Bryn at Nextbase and someone else called Jason at Next Base Accessories (two different companies) and they have Volvo specific mounts coming into the UK from Sweden in approx 1 weeks time.

Jason was on voicemail so am waiting to hear back from him, but Bryn told me there would be some kind of exchange programme with "the best price we can give you" - which I assume is cost! - but I wait to find out what this is from Jason.

I will update the forum when i do.

Thanks