Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S70 T5 Overboost

Views : 6312

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 13:20   #41
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post

All this BL multi-quoting, just to make me look stupid, and to win over the 63 friends he has on here, i don`t have any as i don`t need them if they turn out like this,who do you think you all are treating a fellow member such as myself like this.
Are you for real?..

How can being multi quoted make you look stupid?...i suggest as you clearly cant do it you feel inadequate in some way...
I have already told you why i and many others do it...
If you feel it highlights your points that you are embarrassed by, then so be it...Think about what you have written before you push the submit button...

Quote:

All this BL multi-quoting, just to make me look stupid, and to win over the 63 friends he has on here, i don`t have any as i don`t need them

you twist peoples sentences around so that all will come down on your side as you have so many friends in your own statistics.

Well i probably have now ruined my statistics but who cares.

What you have just said as above is absolute crap and just shows you what you know about me.......on the S/V40 site i have over 625 Thanks in 511 posts so go suck on that and check them out, you really are the pits just trying to ruin peoples trust in me for your own gains.
What a load of cobblers...
You think too much about statistics im afraid...
Thanks mean nothing in reality, you could have been thanked 200 for saying hello in the lounge...Thanks is no sign of quality or reputation im afraid and if you think so, you are very much mistaken...
Friends list: With respect to those who are "friends" of mine, i could probably only name you half of them...Quite why you feel a poster has something to prove to his "friends" is quite frankly laughable, indeed worryingly paranoid even...

Quote:

I will carry on if i am allowed to as i just ignore members such as yourself and will put you all on my "ignore" list which is really the best place for you.
Good...
I feel the ignore list is going to be longer than your friends list

Oh and James, nice post btw, i would have got there in the end, I promise...Im not sure whether to thank you or not, as bearing in mind you are on my friends list and i have your mobile number, this could lead to a complaint of some sort...

Ttfn....

Jod

Last edited by Jod T5; Apr 2nd, 2012 at 13:26.
Jod T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 14:46   #42
Saxo Boy

Test Update

Just been for a run in the car and - after properly warming it up - I had a few goes at triggering the overboost in different conditions.

With the box (4sp auto) in sport I mashed the throttle at various speeds to trigger maximum kick-down and acceleration. In every instance the boost would rise quickly and in a controlled manner to the maximum level for the given gear. When kicking down from 70mph it would rise nicely to 10-11psi with no overboost at all.

As before, on each WOT upshift it would spike briefly to 14-15psi before settling back to target.

I'm sure the more knowledgeable of you will be able to draw better conclusions from this than I. However, it does strike me as odd that a leak or other problem would only present itself very specifically in only the one scenario (i.e. WOT gear-changes).

Perhaps it is a case of, they all do that sir.
Saxo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 14:53   #43
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo Boy View Post

Perhaps it is a case of, they all do that sir.
If you had a boost leak, i would have expected the car to have made a noticeable protestation especially at full throttle...

Jod
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 14:55   #44
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg

All this BL multi-quoting, just to make me look stupid, and to win over the 63 friends he has on here, i don`t have any as i don`t need them if they turn out like this,who do you think you all are treating a fellow member such as myself like this.

Are you for real?..Yes

How can being multi quoted make you look stupid?...i suggest as you clearly cant do it you feel inadequate in some way...No i don`t
I have already told you why i and many others do it...
If you feel it highlights your points that you are embarrassed by, then so be it...Think about what you have written before you push the submit button...You do the same then!

Quote:

All this BL multi-quoting, just to make me look stupid, and to win over the 63 friends he has on here, i don`t have any as i don`t need them

you twist peoples sentences around so that all will come down on your side as you have so many friends in your own statistics.

Well i probably have now ruined my statistics but who cares.

What you have just said as above is absolute crap and just shows you what you know about me.......on the S/V40 site i have over 625 Thanks in 511 posts so go suck on that and check them out, you really are the pits just trying to ruin peoples trust in me for your own gains.

What a load of cobblers...No it is`nt and you darn well know it.
You think too much about statistics im afraid...Yours are not so good considering the time since you joined
Thanks mean nothing in reality, you could have been thanked 200 for saying hello in the lounge...Thanks is no sign of quality or reputation im afraid and if you think so, you are very much mistaken...That is only according to yourself
Friends list: With respect to those who are "friends" of mine, i could probably only name you half of them...That shows what a friend you areQuite why you feel a poster has something to prove to his "friends" is quite frankly laughable, indeed worryingly paranoid even...I think you have to more than me, that is why you keep replying

Quote:

I will carry on if i am allowed to as i just ignore members such as yourself and will put you all on my "ignore" list which is really the best place for you.

Good...
I feel the ignore list is going to be longer than your friends list I don`t have friends i just know people which is what i prefer! Yes, my ignore list is longer by another TWO members thanks to you

Have a nice Day!

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 15:04   #45
Saxo Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jod T5 View Post
If you had a boost leak, i would have expected the car to have made a noticeable protestation especially at full throttle...

Jod
Define protestation (not the word; what I'd expect to see/feel/hear) please
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 15:09   #46
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Define protestation (not the word; what I'd expect to see/feel/hear) please
No problem...

Judder, the engine will feel like it is misfiring....Jerking occasionally then pulling then jerking through out WOT acceleration...
If you have a serious leak you may incur fuel cut, which trust me if you have it you will know about...

Jod
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 15:12   #47
Saxo Boy

Yeah, there is none of that - smooth and solid the whole way.

I've had fuel cut before from my Impreza's - essentially, you headbutt the windscreen

Out of curiosity, when does FC usually kick in on this model?
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 15:33   #48
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
I've had fuel cut before from my Impreza's - essentially, you headbutt the windscreen
Exactly...

Quote:

Out of curiosity, when does FC usually kick in on this model?
Im not sure of the exact air ratio but suffice to say when the air flow through the maf goes outside the look up tables of the ECM, its cut time...
Certain remaps will have removed the fuel cut and others raise it so it is difficult to advise...

What i would say is if you get to the the end of the white section (circa 15psi) with a standard map you better have your belt on....

Jod
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 19:30   #49
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Quote:
Quote:
I don`t have friends i just know people which is what i prefer! Yes, my ignore list is longer by another TWO members thanks to you
Personally I couldn't care less if you put me on your ignore list, although to me it would confirm how childish you can be. Afterall it was you that misinterpreted what the OP was asking for and provided incorrect information. I accept it was not deliberate and you were only trying to help however you could have cost the OP time, money and effort needlessly.

In my profession the need to provide good and accurate advice is necessary - if I get something wrong I get sued, pure and simple. Now the chances of being sued on a forum are quite small but I still go by the same principals as I do with work:

Step 1 - read what has been said and analyse what the problem might be, if necessary I ask for further info.

Step 2 - if it is in an area I'm familiar with first hand and I know what the problem and solution are I then reply in as concise and straightforward a way as possible. If I'm then asked a question I don't know the answer to I say so and/or suggest they ask/look elsewhere to get the answer.

Sometimes I will put something on the lines of "best let someone examine the car" as trying to diagnose things on a forum can be tricky without seeing the car and it would waste time and money suggesting things it might be before proper diagnosis is made.

At the end of the day you made a mistake, as it turns out it's not a big deal, the OP is now happy so I suggest we all move on. If your way of moving on is to put me on your ignore list then that's fine with me.

It would be a shame if you put Jod on your ignore list though, seeing as how he wrote the buyers guide and the majority of the "how to do ..... guides" in the articles section which you would then miss out on. You might want to carefully consider that decision as I think you would lose out. But ultimately it's your choice.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acshortt5 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:36   #50
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acshortt5 View Post
Personally I couldn't care less if you put me on your ignore list, although to me it would confirm how childish you can be. Afterall it was you that misinterpreted what the OP was asking for and provided incorrect information. I accept it was not deliberate and you were only trying to help however you could have cost the OP time, money and effort needlessly.

In my profession the need to provide good and accurate advice is necessary - if I get something wrong I get sued, pure and simple. Now the chances of being sued on a forum are quite small but I still go by the same principals as I do with work:

Step 1 - read what has been said and analyse what the problem might be, if necessary I ask for further info.

Step 2 - if it is in an area I'm familiar with first hand and I know what the problem and solution are I then reply in as concise and straightforward a way as possible. If I'm then asked a question I don't know the answer to I say so and/or suggest they ask/look elsewhere to get the answer.

Sometimes I will put something on the lines of "best let someone examine the car" as trying to diagnose things on a forum can be tricky without seeing the car and it would waste time and money suggesting things it might be before proper diagnosis is made.

At the end of the day you made a mistake, as it turns out it's not a big deal, the OP is now happy so I suggest we all move on. If your way of moving on is to put me on your ignore list then that's fine with me.

It would be a shame if you put Jod on your ignore list though, seeing as how he wrote the buyers guide and the majority of the "how to do ..... guides" in the articles section which you would then miss out on. You might want to carefully consider that decision as I think you would lose out. But ultimately it's your choice.
It is a shame really that all what i believe in and basically what i have trying to prove to myself and other mere mortals still comes through when people start to put it down in black and white!

Yes, i do appreciate responsible jobs that people have but not when they take it out of the work place and do preach it in public and treat people as if they are better than`.......

It is nice to be a Director of a company and also a book keeper of whatever and also yourself to be a Surveyor but where you measure things up with a tape i was the one that had to read what you had written as up to 5yrs ago i was a builder and a responsible one and not "cowboy".......

The thing is you didn`t know that until now as i keep my private world private and don`t like to make myself superior only when dealing with the Public in my working environment.

You will see in my statistics that i have put down Joiner which is correct but i am more than that but that is sufficient for me. I don`t have the need to elaborate and bore those that haven`t even got a job. I am simply 960kg and that is all i want to be known as.

So all your explanation to me, how to be, i already know and used to practise at work, but you still cannot resist talking to me like a child.

OK, so i have apologised to the OP......but that is where it ends, yes, i may be childish in my ways and to a lot of others on here but there are those that may belive what i have written and i have always supported the underdog and i am not afraid of saying so in public.

I can "undo" and "do" my ignore list at choice, so i will not miss anything.

I don`t wish to talk anymore about the subject as i think it has run it`s course and at least the OP wasn`t scared off which would of been a shame ,at least it seems he is being sorted, one way or another!

Keith

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Last edited by 960kg; Apr 3rd, 2012 at 08:43.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote