Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Discount scheme with Sky Insurance!!

Views : 13827

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 06:53   #41
Guy Incognito

Sadly Jims info is still incomplete. If he had come into a place of work and spoken to me or my staff as he has done on here I would have told him to go away anyway.

Good manners cost nothing and it was perceived bad manners that upset Lloyd in the first place.

Jim, he needs to know how many years no claims you have.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy Incognito For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:44   #42
Jim760
Mr G

i said full, is not hard to work out a 24 yer old driving from age 17 with no claims at all..come on i thought i was thick.. tell me to go away.. i'l stand there and question your professionalism too and ask why your handling money when you cant work out the difference between 17 and 24.
940 GL 850 GL 760 TIC V70 Torslanda
Jim760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim760 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:33   #43
Lloydnoise

Thumbs up ' All 'we' are saying ,..........

Hi Guys , 'dons referee gloves ' ha ha ,...we're all on the same side here ,....

Guy i understand what you're saying, but Jim like 'many others' is frustrated with what might be seen as the robotic & vague answers coming our way ,...
......he is also posting with ironic humour , & knowing the way i was treated & tossed aside, it's far more important to understand this, than perhaps have the
" poor little insurance company " approach .

You're right re manners etc ,...but when we are receiving our ' polite ' answers, they are from individuals who firstly are being paid to do so ,.....'&' perhaps in some cases couldn't give a hoot about who we are & what we feel or experience !

Speech & feelings are not a ' military thing ' & the stronger ones often come about because of injustice & on receipt of bad 'corporate manners' ! .. to say the least !

Perhaps we're all far to quick to judge someone on ' symptoms of behaviour ' ,........
...rather than see the ' big picture' .... it takes time out & stepping back to achieve that *

I've never met Jim , but he's already 'been' & continues to be helpful to me,......
....living in Hamilton he recently travelled 'on my behalf' ( 7pm Sat' eve'ning ) to look at a prospective car for me ,....' this weekend ' he offered to travel up to ' Aberdeenshire' ! to repair 'another car' so i could get back on the road !!

These gestures tell me more about a person than 'any' amount of passionate words !....

....Please see my post ' Try a little kindness ' ( badge of honour ) if you haven't already Guy?

What i see being 'maintained' in insurance replies , is far more offensive to me than someone giving honest feedback !

'Thanks' to both of you,... & to all the others in their valueable & honest communictions !

...Ah that reminds me of a great Pink Floyd song ,.........' Us & them ' ...ha ha ......

.....I'll leave you with that one .

Positives , ...... Lloyd .

" Let's look for the good in life,..not the faults "

Last edited by Lloydnoise; Aug 24th, 2010 at 09:58.
Lloydnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloydnoise For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:34   #44
Guy Incognito

Sadly you cant make assumptions about things like no claims, even if you can be almost sure you still have to have it confirmed by the customer.

As to my professionalism, I am sure lloyd appreciates your solidarity on this one but in your posts you are coming across like a petulant wee boy cheeking the teacher. Personally I couldn't be bothered with it but good luck with your quotation from Sky. i am sure they will value you.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 10:05   #45
Lloydnoise

Default ' The invisible man ? '

' P S guys ' ....i don't think you'll eve'r see a better example of what i'm highlighting ( perhaps because of your questions Guy ? ) than Sky changing individual names & 'therefore reference' ! to ' ANON ' .......
..... 'wonder who was pulled into the office eh ? ha ha . ...

...' Ah ' of course ..' ANON '.....tee hee .

Positives , Lloyd .

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 18:00   #46
skyinsurance_ollie
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydnoise View Post
' P S guys ' ....i don't think you'll eve'r see a better example of what i'm highlighting ( perhaps because of your questions Guy ? ) than Sky changing individual names & 'therefore reference' ! to ' ANON ' .......
..... 'wonder who was pulled into the office eh ? ha ha . ...

...' Ah ' of course ..' ANON '.....tee hee .

Positives , Lloyd .
I posted Anon as a joke (thought it would be funny following on from the multi uses comment)

Jim if you would like us to give you a quote then PM me your contact details and I will ask one of the advisors to call you, but we can not quote you via a public forum as there are certain disclosures we have to make before quoting.

Finally our stance is simple, we give a discount to car club members providing you fit into one of our underwritiers acceptance criteria. If that interest you then please contact us. If on the other hand you don't want to deal with Sky then that is fine too and we wish you well all the same.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 18:23   #47
Lloydnoise

Talking To Mr / Mrs Sky ?

Hi ,.....

sorry i couldn't be more personal ,...but eve'n though your reply to the post which gave rise to the 'multi users enquiry' from Guy etc was a one off 'joke' ..
....it seems you 'forgot' to mention 'this time' who this latest reply is from ?

I also wondered why as you asked such specific & personal questions of Jim on this public forum , you had no intention of quoting him a price etc anyway ?

Thanks for your help re this ,......

...anon ,.......get it ? ha ha .

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 18:28   #48
Jim760
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Sadly you cant make assumptions about things like no claims, even if you can be almost sure you still have to have it confirmed by the customer.

yes your right, i like to think the world is still decent enough that this isnt too much of an issue.

As to my professionalism, I am sure lloyd appreciates your solidarity on this one but in your posts you are coming across like a petulant wee boy cheeking the teacher. Personally I couldn't be bothered with it but good luck with your quotation from Sky. i am sure they will value you.

as to the above, all i said about you was id question your blah blah blah. the rest about the money was more directed at sky, because we all should know, a driver from age 17, at 24 with no insurance claims works out at 7 years ncd. ive made my own opinions up here.

personally i don't know you, nor do you know me, nor do i care to like or dislike you in fact you to me are nothing but a line of text. how i am is how i am... good day sir

back on topic. sky, what a shame you wont put it on here.. im not going to go into why but oh well. least i tried eh. i'l keep my £570 a year policy anyhoo. cant wait till next year, will be even cheaper.
940 GL 850 GL 760 TIC V70 Torslanda

Last edited by Jim760; Aug 24th, 2010 at 18:35.
Jim760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim760 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 20:55   #49
nm1985
Rated "R"

I went on your website and input all my details because of your advert on here and have had no response.

My renewal is due next month but am fed up of waiting so will go elsewhere. Is this advert a scam to get details from people??
nm1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nm1985 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 22:32   #50
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Sadly Jims info is still incomplete. If he had come into a place of work and spoken to me or my staff as he has done on here I would have told him to go away anyway.

Good manners cost nothing and it was perceived bad manners that upset Lloyd in the first place.
I think that is a very valid point within this thread. Please bear in mind Rule 1 of the forum
Be courteous to others. We do not tolerate any abusive behaviour. We do not tolerate any obscene comments or images. We do not tolerate derogatory remarks directed toward a particular member or group of members. If you are not sure, either ask a member of the moderation team or don't post it.

Its costs nothing and make the VOC forums a much better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim760 View Post
i said full, is not hard to work out a 24 yer old driving from age 17 with no claims at all..come on i thought i was thick.. tell me to go away.. i'l stand there and question your professionalism too and ask why your handling money when you cant work out the difference between 17 and 24.
Hate to point out but there is nothing there to say you were a named driver when you started driving and only got your policy a year or two ago. Please read my comments from the first quote as well.

As a side note, one of my previous employers delved a little into offering insured products and it is a mine field. For the smaller insurance companies (Sorry Sky, I have no idea how 'big' your company is), the underwriters make all the rules and if you can not find customers to 'fit' their rules, then you can not insure anyone. Thats not the fault of the broker but the fact that the underwriter wants to make money and so, will refuse those that they think of a decent risk - unemployed, young, old - its all decided via the underwriter.

As a mod on here, I have no issue saying that we do side with members when dealing with traders and ask, as per the forum rules, that traders are willing to answer questions regarding their products. From reading this thread and the other (which I have locked so all replies come here), I am happy they have done so.

Please bear in mind that we have a few insurance brokers who offer discounts to club members and if one is unable to offer a quote or it is priced too high, then the others might be able to offer a better one.

As my last comment, I have had very big issues trying to insure my 740 turbo due to the number of modifications and the changes they have made to the car. With quotes over £1000 this year (£500 the previous year with no major updates for these later quotes), the car ended up stuck in the garage since I was unwilling to pay that much. Insurance certainly seems to have changed in the last year or two.