Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bought a Breaker...

Views : 10253

Replies : 125

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 28th, 2011, 23:24   #41
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

pm,d
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 00:11   #42
KruJoe

email'd
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 13:36   #43
KruJoe

@ Chris, pm received, I've now emailed you too, thanks
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 19:24   #44
KruJoe

... and Steve, too!
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 01:28   #45
Turbodave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruJoe View Post
maybe TurboDave would drop it off with you on his way back to Fife with his doors if you ask him nicely...!
Apologies for the radio silence, many things on the go here. I can certainly help out where possible... as said, I'm down to Leeds on Friday afternoon/evening then returned back north to Ayrshire Saturday evening then to Fife a day or so later so if I can be of assistance, I'll do what I can.

As for the doors, if you can come up with a super dooper special once in a lifetime, two for a pound, "you're robbing me squire!" sort of deal then fantastic... though we're still assuming that 850 saloon doors will swap directly to a V70! and we're assuming they're the same colour too!

Anyways, unsure if I can PM yet... I shall investigate.

Bets Regards
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 22:37   #46
KruJoe

Chris's glove box and cowls are nicely boxed up (and paid for), ready to put in the post first thing in the morning (as is Steve's little black box). The postage isn't excessive, but thanks for the offer of help anyway, Dave.

All the doors are off for you, and I've started taking off the bits I need for myself. I'm leaving the glass and winder mechs, locks, handles, catches etc. The window motors are dead easy to get off, just three 10mm bolts, but the mechs look a whole world of pain, so they stay put! Also, I've taken off the door cards and mirrors, all easy to put back. I'm amazed at how easily these doors come off, I bet you could have the whole swap done in an hour or so...

As I said before, this sounded like a bloody good deal:
Quote:
vt5r
4 doors in good condition - £60
Especially if they are in the right colour! So £60 ok for all four? Is that ok?
I'm quite sure the colour is right (did you see the paint code link I posted?)

Are we aiming for Friday night Dave?
We are both on just 26 posts, so we'll have to spend some time on the forum to boost our count, then we can pm email addresses...
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 23:44   #47
TurboZutek
Premier Member

Nice work Kru, thanks matey!

Chris...
TurboZutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 15:22   #48
Turbodave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruJoe View Post

All the doors are off for you, and I've started taking off the bits I need for myself. I'm leaving the glass and winder mechs, locks, handles, catches etc. The window motors are dead easy to get off, just three 10mm bolts, but the mechs look a whole world of pain, so they stay put! Also, I've taken off the door cards and mirrors, all easy to put back. I'm amazed at how easily these doors come off, I bet you could have the whole swap done in an hour or so...

As I said before, this sounded like a bloody good deal:

Especially if they are in the right colour! So £60 ok for all four? Is that ok?
I'm quite sure the colour is right (did you see the paint code link I posted?)

Are we aiming for Friday night Dave?
We are both on just 26 posts, so we'll have to spend some time on the forum to boost our count, then we can pm email addresses...
That sounds great, much appreciated and I'm happy with that price too.

I'm heading to Leeds on Friday evening then returning back north on Saturday evening, unfortunately I can't be too specific with times yet as I have several things happening and thus, unsure exactly when I'll be passing you however I'm sure we can exchange details and I can update you nearer the time and arrange a suitable time.

My route to Leeds is the M74 > M6 > A65 through Skipton so it shouldn't be much of a detour to come and collect or meet you somewhere suitable. As said, shall send you my contacts details covertly and if you could perhaps do the same it'd be appreciated so I can try and plans route/times.

Again, if there's anything esle to go north I can get stuff as far north as Glasgow / Edinburgh if it helps.

My email is: turbodave23@fsmail.net, pop me yours via that and we'll take it from there.

Cheers
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 21:54   #49
EMM

Pm

Andy
EMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 00:58   #50
KruJoe

Thanks Dave - email'd

Hi Andy, I just tried to reply to your pm, but forgot I'm still not up to 30... what a pain! Anyway:
to be sure..
you want the red plastic lens from the third brake light in the spoiler, right?
AND
the black inner part of the glove box door? (and metal hinges)

I still have all the parts, would you please pm me again with your email address so I can send you a better reply.
Many thanks - Joe

Edit: Chris and Steve's parcels went off safely this morning, with proof of postage, should be with you in a few days...