Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo X (Pro-Touring 1967 Amazon)

Views : 86107

Replies : 626

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 21:27   #481
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc View Post
I'm not nit picking (ok maybe I am), but I can see what looks like the mounting points for the rear lights above and below the reflector, they only stand out as they're painted silver, would be better painted a dark colour so they aren't noticeable. Paintjobs spot on though, looking really nice now.
If you are talking about the screw tabs on the tail light housing, I don't have the screws that take care of that yet, so you are very spot on with your observation.. LOL Thanks

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 22:17   #482
tc
VOC Member

Ahh, appolgies.. I did say I was nit picking..lol.. Nice build by the way..Good to see some proper craftsmanship, seems to be sadly lacking these days.
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:01   #483
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Well guys, here is a more exciting update.. I have said just a bit ago that Volvo X is being upgraded to a 625 horsepower 6.2l LS3, and my motor guy made a special delivery today, and he even delivered it with the run stand still attached.. LOL I can honestly say that this car is going to be crazy with power, but it is completely manageable and smooth horsepower...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Flush Mount Glass
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 03:50   #484
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

I am not sure how many times Volvo X has been assembled and disassembled at this point, but it appears that we might be doing final assembly at this time. LOL I have swapped the 5.7l LS6 for the6.2l LS3, and now I am doing the body insulation and wiring, along with all the final bleeding of the hydraulics and fuel line installs. The modified Dash Board and upper door pieces are at the body shop getting finished up for Wed, so I hope they make it in, so all the wiring can get finalized. I still have to insulate the Trunk, Roof, and Doors, but the Hush Mat system is really pretty easy, so that will get knocked out quickly when needed.

I have two different valve covers on the motor at this time, because it turns out that I noticed that the Passenger finned valve cover was not perfect flat, so I was able to see a gap between the cylinder head and gasket, which was a lucky find before I actually tried to run the thing. Burnt oil is hard to clean.

Here are the rough in dash pics so it will give an idea of the outcome potential when it comes back from the body shop.. It is being done in the Liquid Metal color, and I have modified the door tops to meet up and match the now larger dash assembly.. I really wanted to try to keep to the original Amazon dash style, so I may have gone through more work than was necessary, because it would have been much easier to install a modern dash from another car but I didn't want to go that route. Hold back comments on the styling of the dash until it is painted and installed in the car, because items like this can surely be subjective to personal opinion. LOL I had found a way to also modify the inner windshield trim to work with my new cluster pod shape, and it also allowed me to keep the original defroster vent configuration.

Flush Mount Glass
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 08:21   #485
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I can see it is going to look great but I'm not sure about the welding mask in the centre of the dash!

I know the project has been going for a long time now but the quality of work is great and things are actually been progressing very quickly.

Will be great to see this on the road and completed.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 12:51   #486
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I can see it is going to look great but I'm not sure about the welding mask in the centre of the dash!

I know the project has been going for a long time now but the quality of work is great and things are actually been progressing very quickly.

Will be great to see this on the road and completed.
Welding Mask Hood.. LOL I hadn't seen that, but the overall shape of it was necessary to clear the wiper motor assembly and allow the modern entertainment system, so maybe it was a more subliminal direction I took when I made it due to wearing that damn thing too much.? LOL Hold back your impression on it until the rest of the dash components are in place and the rest of the interior is in the car, because I think it should come together very nicely, because a lot of automotive components don't stand well in appearance on their own..

I am trying to get this car on the road and to the Goodguy's Show this weekend, and it is suppose to be at the SEMA Convention in Las Vegas in early November, but I am not sure I will be able to make that due to not having time to get a very nice interior done.. Right now, I have ordered all the factory inner door panels and headliner and some performance seats so I can get a basic interior in it for the GoodGuys event, but that will not stand for the SEMA event.

Flush Mount Glass
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 13:57   #487
Andy the Aussie

Looks awesome....

I've been to sema - it's a pretty big deal, if you can make it happen in time for that it woul be brilliant but I see it would be quite a push
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 21:16   #488
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Here are some pics of how the Vintage Air kit installs.. I don't like the hoses to be seen in the engine bay, so I routed them a bit differently for a much cleaner overall look.. There is plenty of clearance in the wheel clearance from lock to lock, and I will be making a splash cover for connections in the wheel house, so I don't see why it wont work just fine. It should hopefully allow for a better AC efficiency due to the hoses all being outside of the engine compartment, and every bit of AC efficiency works in the South.. LOL

Flush Mount Glass

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; Oct 1st, 2013 at 21:20.
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 23:06   #489
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

After a lot of searching I found some performance seats that are not way oversized for this car, and even with the larger trans tunnel they work great. I have seen way to many of these cars done with aftermarket or borrowed production seats that were way to big for the car, and I don't like the appearance of that at all, so it was very important to find something that was pretty close proportionally to the car itself. I don't plan on keeping these seats for the long term because I plan on getting a full custom interior in the car once all the hard testing is done..

These seats were a breeze to mount because I was able to use the original Amazon U Seat Bracket and factory mounting, so it was really just a matter of welding the seat slides to the oem Volvo Bracket to get an easy mount and perfect height..

Flush Mount Glass
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:20   #490
Volvo Canadian
Bury me in my Volvo

Way to go, Robert.

Last edited by Volvo Canadian; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 03:31.
Volvo Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote