Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What are the best tyres to put on an XC90?

Views : 834343

Replies : 1195

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 13:20   #471
grahamk998
returning member

Default Nokian WRG2's

I concur I shod the car with these in November but was beginning to wonder if I'd see any weather to prove their worth... but then last Friday I was one smug chap indeed.

Early days yet but the feeling & grip is better than the set of Vredestein Quatrac 3 SUV that they replaced - and I thought they were great!
grahamk998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:14   #472
Chilespurs

Stay clear of contis
Thank you for contacting Continental Tyres UK
With regards to your query it is unfortunate to hear the disappointment you have received over your tyres, I can tell you there will be a number of circumstances as to why this could have happened, so without inspecting your tyres it will be extremely difficult to advise you correctly.

I can inform you that if you are not satisfied with the performance of your tyres you may wish to have these sent back under complaint for uneven wear, to do this the normal process for any Tyre Manufacturer in the UK is for you to have your tyres replaced by your local tyre dealer with any brand you wish, and inform your tyre dealer you wish to have your existing tyres sent back under complaint for uneven wear, there is a four part form that needs filling in by you and the tyre dealer. Most national tyre dealers deal with us on a daily basis so they fully understand the whole process and will be able to guide you through it, once we have received your tyres and inspected them, we will write to you explaining our findings of the inspection, if there is a manufacturers fault you will be compensated.

In your email you stated you where informed by your Volvo dealer that your Alignment is correct, can you tell me if your local Volvo dealer has done a suspension tolerance check on your vehicle to check camber and caster settings are within settings and have you received a copy of this. I will advise you to have this checked first before you replace your tyres as this will give you a difinitive answer on your vehicles condition, and if all settings are within tolerance this will help you to discover where the problem are.
If you need any further advise please fel free to contact me.

Regards
Bernie Medway
Product Support Engineer
Chilespurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 00:16   #473
rackhs

So I had some Grabbers fitted around November. Can now feel comfortable recommending them for the weather.

Just had to take the mother-in-law home. Live in Sheffield at the top of one of the hills. We have had about 4" fall so far this evening around by me. They handled fantastically!! Other cars are struggling, people leaving their cars at the bottom of the hill. Not a problem once for me - even having to stop/start on the hill for people not stopping coming down.
rackhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:39   #474
donturkone

I have a set of summer Michelin Lattitude Tour XL and a set of winter Nexen ( I do not know the model) tyres... all of them are 235/65-17... Michelins are really very good tyres...
Best regards, J
donturkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 17:32   #475
paultyler1

Ok, having read this thread, I'm going to replace my Continentals with Nokian WRG2's and (hopefully) run them all year round. Some members have written that they do this with no hassle but I spend most of the year in Central France with trips down to Spain and Portugal. My question is, would the Nokians perform well in the higher temperatures that they are likely to experience here (not only the air temperatures but those generated by long motorway journeys).
Fiat 500 Dolcevita

Last edited by paultyler1; Feb 7th, 2013 at 17:33. Reason: spelling
paultyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 14:04   #476
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler1 View Post
Ok, having read this thread, I'm going to replace my Continentals with Nokian WRG2's and (hopefully) run them all year round. Some members have written that they do this with no hassle but I spend most of the year in Central France with trips down to Spain and Portugal. My question is, would the Nokians perform well in the higher temperatures that they are likely to experience here (not only the air temperatures but those generated by long motorway journeys).
Ive done Glasgow to Rome, on them, in July @ a constant 90+ MPH (and a wee bit more where I could through Germany) and in the high 30's temp ... no problem at all, was very impressed ... its posted further back in this thread somewhere.

Hope it helps
TruckbusUK is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TruckbusUK For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 19:25   #477
Uselesshippy

Default Best current deal

Hi anyone got a lead on good deals grabbers or nokians
Uselesshippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 20:02   #478
captainhook
XC90 D5 SE

Default Costs down south....

General Grabbers at £132 incl VAT fitted, Goodyear Wranglers at £152 incl VAT fitted, Pirelli Scorpion at £138 incl VAT fitted in Exeter. Living in the south west we don't tend to get much snow just the occasional day or two, really need something that will major as a good road tyre and minor as a poor weather tyre! After reading all the reviews I think I'm going for the Generals, any thoughts?
captainhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 20:33   #479
paultyler1

Captain Hook - where did you get the prices from?
Fiat 500 Dolcevita
paultyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 21:58   #480
captainhook
XC90 D5 SE

Grabbers/Goodyear @ Best tyres and Scorpions @ Mid Devon Tyres both in Exeter. Need to go back and check with Mid Devon to see their price for Grabbers/Goodyear as I didn't know quite what I was after. Any deals over in Dorset?
captainhook is offline   Reply With Quote