Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear park assist troubleshooting help

Views : 8964

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2017, 10:24   #31
gmonag
Premier Member

The trailer module comes as part of the Volvo wiring kit. It all just floats about in the rear left corner and plugs into the REM.
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 10:59   #32
nrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonag View Post
The trailer module comes as part of the Volvo wiring kit. It all just floats about in the rear left corner and plugs into the REM.
Thanks Greg. Weird... I dont seem to have one then. Could 2003/04 models be different?

Rgds
Nick
nrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:06   #33
nrobinson

Just discovered that the tobwar at least appears to be aftermarket. Its one of these:-

https://www.westfalia-automotive.com...hable-towbars/

However - from what i can see the wiring looks to be part / integral to car loom.

Rgds
Nick
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:07   #34
gmonag
Premier Member

Quote:
Could 2003/04 models be different?
I doubt it. My 2004 V70 had the same system.

Quote:
the wiring looks to be part / integral to car loom.
That might be your issue

Last edited by gmonag; Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:11.
gmonag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 12:04   #35
nrobinson

Quote:

That might be your issue
Agreed... although there are a few things that make throw it into doubt.

Regarding the ICM:
The ICM doesnt appear right:- Power button wont work. CD doesnt show up as a source when you turn the selector knob. Cant Eject a CD that i know is in there. Button such as Menu or Enter dont seem to do anything. I'm assuming they should on the Premium (dot matrix) ICM

If i use VIDA, I can get the unit to power off and on using activation so it could be just the button.... but if i go into the Parmeters tabs and button such as the numeric pad register as being pressed.... but some such as the power, mykey, enter , menu etc dont.

Regarding the park assist.

Vida seems to be reporting it as ok. and you can certainly see it switch to active as you go into reverse. All the sensor seem ok.
I've had the car for 3 weeks or so and it only came on once with the caravan on tow, and then work for a little while afterwards and without the vehicle connected. I have a feeling it wont do the same if i take the caravan out again.... but i am tempted.

I just think i need to sort the ICM first i think.
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 13:21   #36
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:

That might be your issue
The systems did change around 2005, the "old" system was mounted in the RHS rear wheel well, the newer system is mounted on the LHS wheel well close to the rear fuse box/REM.

I also don't believe the trailer module was ever part of the wiring kit and has always had to be purchased separately (certainly was when I purchased the parts from Volvo in 2010.) Makes sense to fit the RTM as its provides a plug n play integrated installation (dash trailer indicator flashers, auto park assist disconnection etc.)

hope it helps
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 14:18   #37
gmonag
Premier Member

I've just checked on VADIS and the 2004 wiring kit does not include a trailer module. The connector looks just like the one in your picture.

So ignore all I said earlier!
Old Aug 6th, 2021, 17:08   #38
Chrisxc902005

Default Hi I’m new here,

Hi just joined to ask a question, I have just had my CEM unit refurbished as my side lights weren’t working for MOT.
They ended up cloning the unit to a new one (refurbed one) since having it back and being fitted as I’ve not had car for a while while trying to sort all this out it got fitted and lights worked straight away, a couple more issues were resolved too. Since this, my radio doesn’t work, I’ve checked fuse under steering wheel and one next to door but still not working, noticed today handbrake light not working and also parking sensors not working. All was fine and correct before. I read this post and by the sounds of it something is connected with sensors and radio unit, can any one help please. Kids love music in car and we can’t get it to work.

Thank you.
Chrisxc902005 is offline   Reply With Quote