Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Turbo T28

Views : 7668

Replies : 98

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:14   #31
adieu
Master Member

Default Copyright

I have linked to an article on another website. I HAVE NOT copied anything from that site or changed/edited anything relating to said article.. Therefore I am not in Breach of copyright I HAVE COPIED NOTHING!.

Adam is now hosting MY graph on his website which is infact a breach of copyright as he has copied something which does not belong to him! He is also using the graph for his own personnel gain by showing the T28 Hybrid in a bad light!

If someone used a picture of your car (showing numberplates) or a picture of yourself/wife/daughter without your permission i think you might see all this in a diffrent light.

Adam knew full well that graph was from my car and SHOULD have contacted me before using it. It is just common decency!

All this would have stopped straight away if Adam had removed the graph from the tread and not hosted it on his site. Don't go blaming me for something i have NOT done!

Adam is the one here who is being pig headed by not removing the graph. I have no control over what he hosts but I can ask him as a person (which I have done) to remove the graph. I'm sure Don/Stuart or even most of you here would have the decency to comply with such a request!

Regards

Iain

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:14   #32
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNET5ER
But are you not breaking copyright laws themselves buy putting a link to another forum were there is a discusion going that may also contain other graphs from other companies??????? i think so.All i can see from the thread is that it is just a dig at Adam(which he does admit he will put his hands up if he has done something wrong) and also a dig at VT
hi wayno, trust you and nutter are living well together...lol
wayne i think that what iain is pizzed about is that "his" graph was used in a manor that he feels degrades its intention. im not sure that this is an issue of whether someone copied something but more the manor of what the copied article is claimed to portray.......im not going to comment on the findings regarding what and who is better, suffice to say i believe he feels his graph has been "turned" to say something it does not or does not intend to say....
enough said....
cheers matey
jod
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:21   #33
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
I have linked to an article on another website. I HAVE NOT copied anything from that site or changed/edited anything relating to said article.. Therefore I am not in Breach of copyright I HAVE COPIED NOTHING!.

Adam is now hosting MY graph on his website which is infact a breach of copyright as he has copied something which does not belong to him! He is also using the graph for his own personnel gain by showing the T28 Hybrid in a bad light!

If someone used a picture of your car (showing numberplates) or a picture of yourself/wife/daughter without your permission i think you might see all this in a diffrent light.

Adam knew full well that graph was from my car and SHOULD have contacted me before using it. It is just common decency!

All this would have stopped straight away if Adam had removed the graph from the tread and not hosted it on his site. Don't go blaming me for something i have NOT done!

Adam is the one here who is being pig headed by not removing the graph. I have no control over what he hosts but I can ask him as a person (which I have done) to remove the graph. I'm sure Don/Stuart or even most of you here would have the decency to comply with such a request!

Regards

Iain
You can post pics allday of my car with its plates on if you wish i dont really care.I was not blaming anybody of anything just asking a simple question which yet again has been blown out of all proportion.

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
WAYNE.MORTON@MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
WAYNET5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:22   #34
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5
hi wayno, trust you and nutter are living well together...lol
wayne i think that what iain is pizzed about is that "his" graph was used in a manor that he feels degrades its intention. im not sure that this is an issue of whether someone copied something but more the manor of what the copied article is claimed to portray.......im not going to comment on the findings regarding what and who is better, suffice to say i believe he feels his graph has been "turned" to say something it does not or does not intend to say....
enough said....
cheers matey
jod
Thanks Jod all is not going well the car maybe for sale soon as i have had enough of just about everything

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:32   #35
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Thanks Jod all is not going well the car maybe for sale soon as i have had enough of just about everything
pm sent........
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:37   #36
adieu
Master Member

Quote:
I was not blaming anybody of anything just asking a simple question which yet again has been blown out of all proportion.

Exactly!!!!

I have asked Adam to remove the graph from his site.

It's a simple question "please remove my graph".

Have they done this NO!

Oh well like you said simple question. Just required a simple answer of "OK we will take down the graph". But instead it's still there. Don't knock me for this if Adam had removed the graph none of this would have happened!

Simple really. But I guess some people can't answer simple questions.

Regards

Iain

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 18:40   #37
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Exactly!!!!

I have asked Adam to remove the graph from his site.

It's a simple question "please remove my graph".

Have they done this NO!

Oh well like you said simple question. Just required a simple answer of "OK we will take down the graph". But instead it's still there. Don't knock me for this if Adam had removed the graph none of this would have happened!

Simple really. But I guess some people can't answer simple questions.

Regards

Iain
Theres no need to get funny with me over it i was only asking.I dont think there was any need to bite my head off do you

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 19:03   #38
adieu
Master Member

Sorry if that came across the wrong way. I was agreeing with you all i asked was a simple "please remove my graph".

I apoligise if it came across the wrong way.

Regards

Iain

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 20:15   #39
Dan F
Premier Member

So,
does anyone have any dyno charts of a car with this turbo boosting more than 1.1bar?
What *is* the flow rate of this hybrid turbo?
Why does it need a restrictor?
Do you have any pics of it yet Iain?
Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 20:39   #40
don kalmar union
Trader

Yes Dan,

I have a number of customers who have had the TT hybrid fitted to their cars which have subsequently had their ECU's worked on by MTE.

They have had the turbos fitted WITHOUT this restrictor and are running arround the 1.5 bar mark.

Maybe one or two of them might wish to post up copy of the rolling road runs that they have.

MTE are able to take control of and adjust the relevant maps to achieve this.

Regards, Don.Norchi.

UK distributor of MTE Swedish Engineered software.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote