Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

12Gb Three Sim from Switzerland - any issues?

Views : 4086

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2017, 11:50   #31
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNVXC90 View Post
Believe me you can, try it
Fair enough, sounds like you can re-fit into the larger frame, so I'll rephrase...

It would be nice if there was a way of tracking remaining data allowance with the provider (rather than with a local counter) that didn't rely on the fitting tolerances of some bits of plastic in order to let me register.

Does that closer to the mark now?
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 11:55   #32
tem
Premier Member

If you use a HUAWEI device, like I do, you can download the HiLink app, to monitor data usage, etc.

http://www.huawei.com/minisite/mobil...bilewifiappen/

tem.
Old May 17th, 2017, 11:59   #33
KNVXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Mine is definitely cumulative and although I can't say how accurate it actually is, it looks about right based upon Spotify usage. There is an option to reset the data counter and it says mine was last reset 14 April, the date I inserted the SIM.
Ok, I'll have a closer look next time. Thanks
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:03   #34
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNVXC90 View Post
You do get a phone number for the data SIM.
I've just checked the packaging I got with my data-only SIM and I didn't get a phone number with it. There could be one printed on the SIM itself but I don't remember seeing one.
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:11   #35
KNVXC90

Don't remember where it was (packaging or SIM), but its definitely there somewhere, and I have noted down the number.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:30   #36
tem
Premier Member

The number is on the SIM card.

tem.
Old May 17th, 2017, 14:11   #37
Lexman8
Premier Member

Thanks, I'll have a look. Can't think of a reason for having a phone number on a data-only SIM though?
Old May 17th, 2017, 14:41   #38
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look. Can't think of a reason for having a phone number on a data-only SIM though?
It has to be traceable, I think by law?
I use my data sim to receive and send emails.
You would need the number if you wish to register it with 3 to check data usage, etc.

tem.

Last edited by tem; May 17th, 2017 at 14:48.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:05   #39
AKTAKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Yes they last 12 months or until data used, I bought mine from "Mymemory" there is a discount code to get it about a pound cheaper but I cant remember it, someone on here may know it. Its in another thread somewhere.
Its a payg sim but cheaper to buy another than top up.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...12gb-data.html
I may be missing something, but this is cheaper again - £19

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...b-of-data.html

A

P.S. If you go to three.co.uk/freedata you get 200mb/month without doing anything - you do need to put it in a phone to register it first though. Not sure how much you use for RTTI etc but that may be enough for some people. You can do it for any 3 SIM so get a cheap if that's all you need.

Last edited by AKTAKT; May 25th, 2017 at 11:07.
AKTAKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:16   #40
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTAKT View Post
I may be missing something, but this is cheaper again - £19

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...b-of-data.html
That one only lasts for 30 days. The other one lasts for 12 months.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote