Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Hellfrauds" - I see what you mean!

Views : 4348

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2007, 23:37   #31
milster

Halfords don't care much about customer service or prices because a lot of people still go there
milster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 00:11   #32
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by milster View Post
Halfords don't care much about customer service or prices because a lot of people still go there
I'll believe that..

I have written to their customer service email address twice now.

This time because of the extortionate prices. Had an automated reply.

Last time was an issue with their pro tools..
Goth the automated reply then too. Bugger all else either, and that was 6 months ago..

I won't wait up for the reply to this enquiry either!!! I don't expect it.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Aug 6th, 2007 at 00:14.
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 11:38   #33
jacksonb123

On a positive note, I was trying to buy a particular replacement wing mirror glass from my local(Coventry) Halfords which they didn't have.

So left empty handed & was sitting in my car at the traffic lights next to Halfords when I got a bang on my car window.

It was the chap who had served me & in the time it had taken me to leave/drive out of the car park he'd phoned another local motorparts store(non Halfords) just down the road who had one in stock & sprinted across the car park/road to tell me.

I was quite impressed on that occasion.
Regards
Ben
jacksonb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 12:53   #34
Letyian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonb123 View Post
On a positive note, I was trying to buy a particular replacement wing mirror glass from my local(Coventry) Halfords which they didn't have.

So left empty handed & was sitting in my car at the traffic lights next to Halfords when I got a bang on my car window.

It was the chap who had served me & in the time it had taken me to leave/drive out of the car park he'd phoned another local motorparts store(non Halfords) just down the road who had one in stock & sprinted across the car park/road to tell me.

I was quite impressed on that occasion.
Regards
Ben
Find that lad, give him a medal and tell him to leave his job before stagnation sets in and he learns how to shrug and walk away when he's asked a question!

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
Letyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 16:08   #35
dave r
VOC16743

I had an altercation at my local "Hellfrauds" (Peterborough) a short while ago. I can't remember what I wanted, but it boiled down to the fact that the 12 year-old Spotty Herbert in the parts dept tried to tell me that my car didn't exist! I took him outside and showed him the 940s badge on the back, but he still wouldn't have it. Quote:- " Ah that's why it's not listed on our computer, it's a "special" that's what the 's' stands for".
At that point I gave up and went to Marshall Volvo.
Dave
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 18:15   #36
Alpha206
S60 Reg Keeper (Retired)

I was mildly impressed when I was trying to find a replacement battery for the TR6 a few months back...they actually had the car listed on their system...pity the battery it recommended was about 30Ah too small!

MY05 S60 2.0T SE...no more
MY16 V60 T6 Polestar
MY71 H.S.121-3B-101

http://www.savethetrident.co.uk/

Campaign to save G-ARPO, the last surviving Trident 1C
Alpha206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 23:57   #37
DSK
C70 T5

About a year or so ago I needed some engine oil, Castrol 10w60 (had to be this grade for the BMW M5 engine). Previously I had bought some from Demon Tweeks over the internet. This time I had a bit of time to spare before the service interval rolled round so decided it would be interesting to see who stocks it or can get it ordered in for me .... I looked on Halfords website and to my amazement it was listed!!!

Thinking this wouldn't be a big seller, I contacted my local store (Chillwell Retail Park, Nottingham). I stated that I had seen the item listed on the website, but do they actually have it in store or could they get it ordered in? 'YES, we have it in stock' was the reply.

So I jumped in the car and drove to the store with a smile on my face. Got to the store, couldn't see it on the shelf amongst the other oils so found an assistant and asked where it was.

Assistant: 'Errr, 10w60? ...... we don't stock that'

Me: 'I saw it listed on the site, called up to check about 10 minutes ago and was told I could come an pick it up as it was in stock ...... sorry to be a pain but, just to save me a wasted journey, could you check either on the computer or go into your storeage area and double check as I was told it was in stock, on the off chance its lying around somewhere please?

Assistant: ' I know we aint gorrit! '

Me: 'could at least double check for me please?'

Assistant: 'I said we ain't gorrit, Castrol don't make a 10w60, truss' meh'

Me: 'Is there any chance, due to it being listed on the website and being told on the phone it was in stock, you would be able to order me some in then if you insist you don't have any as Castrol do in fact make a 10w60?'

Assistant: 'No, we've only got what's there, use the 10w40 or the 5w40, that'll be fine mate, we get a few customers who 'av M3's, TVR's, Skylines n Cossies' 'n' stuff 'n' they always buy the 10w40'

At this point I turrned around whilst gently shaking my head and walked out, went home and wrote a letter to Halfords customer services department about the issue, simply to raise the fact that either the website was incorrect or the store didn't correspond with the website despite the phone call to obtain confirmation of the product. I also mentioned that the assistant refused to 'double check' and confirm for me that the item wasn't in stock ... not a big request is it?

I got a response stating that the matter was being looked into. A few weeks later they sent me a £5 gift voucher ... I gave the voucher to my neighbours son so he could get himself something for his bicycle lol.

Thats my worst experience at Halfords ... just the lack of customer care and the attitude "some" of the younger staff tend to have.
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 03:21   #38
nogomotor
nogo

Default halfords special

i used to work in a halfords shop in the 70,s....well i was young and foolish...any way i had a boss who if he had had a bad time at home(row with the missus or something) used to take it out on the staff....called me in the office on one of his bad days with a couple of the other staff told them off for what ever reason...told me if customer asks where particular items are to tell them dont know i only stock the shelves ..refer them to a senior...got some funny looks of customers so is it any wonder there service is bad,only worked there till i had enough money to go to lake district for hols never went back,
nogomotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 04:39   #39
FixMyVolvo
VolvoDriver

I would only go there if it was very convenient, like on the way home and I only need something simple like air freshener. Although they do have a large stock of starter motors.
FixMyVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 14:54   #40
Conehead

They have their uses. As said they open longer than most motor factors, and their tools are great.
I mostly use them for special offers, had some great ones on oil lately, and because I have a trade card.

You just need to treat them like PCWorld, go in knowing what you want or go somewhere they can advise you. Without Halfords little independant shops would go out of business!!!!!

The company that owns (used to own???) Halfords, now owns the AA.
When they bought the AA I quit within 6 months. Enough said.