Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My First Volvo.

Views : 11470

Replies : 147

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 20:44   #31
DevonMarc
Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
Nice s70 you have there and nice to see another member from the same town. Hope you enjoy and welcome
Why thank you kind sir.. if you see me around, give me a beep.

And yes it is Cumbers.
There's years and years worth of receipts from them!
I've always used Avon garage on Yalberton actually, but as my Volvo is known at Cumbers, I'll stick with them.
DevonMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DevonMarc For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 20:47   #32
DevonMarc
Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
There are always niggles, but be patient and just work through them, once sorted they're terrific cars.

NB I'd check all the vacuum lines and look at doing a PCV service if it hasn't been done yet. A PITA to do but worth it IMHO.
TBH fixing the niggles are all part of the fun!
It's really not bad at all, in fact I have driven worse 6 month old cars, I'm just very fussy!

And yes, once I have done the other jobs, the PCV will be done.
I had a quick look over the vac lines, and theey look good, but I want to take a closer look when I have a minute.
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 20:49   #33
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonMarc View Post
Why thank you kind sir.. if you see me around, give me a beep.

And yes it is Cumbers.
There's years and years worth of receipts from them!
I've always used Avon garage on Yalberton actually, but as my Volvo is known at Cumbers, I'll stick with them.
No worries you won't go wrong at cumbers ,and you can always have fish and chips while youre waiting for youre car lol,plenty of chippy's in Brixham. And yea I will give you a beep and a headlight flash,I might have seen you once already driving from Torquay direction,can't miss me I've got a black s40 only 2 in the bay me and 1 other.im in the Preston area.anyway nice chatting Marc ill keep my eyes open.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 20:57   #34
DevonMarc
Chuckles

You may have seen me.. I work out of Heathfield, and have been driving it to work.
I am also near Preston actually.. small world!
I'm sure I've seen a shiny black S40 a few times!

Any way, I've just got in from work, so it's tea time!
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 22:16   #35
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonMarc View Post
You may have seen me.. I work out of Heathfield, and have been driving it to work.
I am also near Preston actually.. small world!
I'm sure I've seen a shiny black S40 a few times!

Any way, I've just got in from work, so it's tea time!
Hahahaha not soo shiny as the case may be Marc I haven't washed it for a couple of weeks,but there's only 2 of us with black ones me and a guy who owns the hotel on Preston sea front,so could well of been me.jeez how much is that costing you a week in fuel in the s70 fair way there and back,I moaned like mad when I was driving to Exeter everyday and my 40 is a diesel,health field is give or take about the same distance.
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 22:43   #36
DevonMarc
Chuckles

Well I topped up last Tuesday, and I still have half a tank.
I'm on a 6 day week at the moment, mon - sat, so half a tank over 6 days plus a run to Berryhead Sunday night for fishing is pretty good I thought.
Certainly on par with my Rover.

I work out of the Exeter depot now and then to... that is a commute straight from hell!!
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 23:30   #37
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Not bad Marc something else we have in common fishing berry head lol,last summer I caught a sea trout on the rocky ledge down there but I was going for mackeral so had light gear and I got it in say 5 yards and the line snapped.the rocky ledge past the shelter on the right.ive been fishing teignmouh back beach and natural arch recently,I like the early morning tides this time of year no chicken chuckers or Chinese fella's to get in youre way lol,I keep meaning to fish hollicombe beach at some stage Marc as nobody fishes it,looks like prime bass territory to me clean beach in the middle if you cast out straight in front of the slipway.i might hit it with surface poppers one morning see what turns up.

Last edited by kieran40; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 23:36.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 22:40   #38
DevonMarc
Chuckles

haha well I must admit I stay away from Beacon Quay and the breakwater because on the Chinese invasion at the moment. Are they fishing for lunch or what?

Slapton has been throwing some good doggies at the moment, I had a monster the other night!
Never tried Holicombe actually.. which is weird as I live 2 minutes away!

And back to the car:
8 trips to Heathfield and still 1/4 of a tank of fuel, not bad at all.

I definitely need to crack on with the front disc/pad change, I'm getting stronger vibration under braking now.
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 20:23   #39
DevonMarc
Chuckles

Tomorrow is finally here!
The chap is coming to fix the bumper scuffs.

I'll pop up a before picture, and tomorrow an after picture... lets see how he does!

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 23:11   #40
phatboy130
1999 V70 XT Auto

Hello form not too far away, Kingsbridge, but am from Brixham, my mother still lives there in cowtown Nice to have another member nearby

740 / 850 / V70 / 440

Current: 1999 V70 XT Auto
phatboy130 is offline   Reply With Quote