Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trading Standards

Views : 6167

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 18:27   #31
adieu
Master Member

Default Hmmmmmm

Quote from Hamish 27th Jan 2006:

"The reason it was added was that trading standards asked us to add it after complaints from 2 people specifically about the power figures for the 850 T5"

Quote from Adam 9th Oct 2005:

"There is a statement on our website now which says (to the effect) that the results will vary depending on various factors including age and condition."

Seems you infact added it along time ago even before trading standards looked into yourselfs.

Quote from Hamish:

"Sorry but we're 100 % certain on this, The 1st complaint was made by someone in Wiltshire. The 2nd (about my post on this thread) came from a person in Barnet (London). On both occasions Trading Standards were NOT following up a complaint from a disgruntled customer. They were following up a complaint about the content of my web site and this web site !"

How can you be 100% sure of this did trading standards give you the persons name? Just because someone complains about the content of your site does not infact mean they are not a disgruntled customer. They may have felt misled by your original site content.

Regards

Iain

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 18:36   #32
Simon J
Premier Member

I rest my case! I wonder which of Bertrand Russell's categories you belong to, Iain?
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 18:43   #33
adieu
Master Member

Default This one

"But wiser people so full of doubts."

regards

iain
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 18:45   #34
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross9
Thanks for clarifying that Hamish, I stand by my earlier comments in regard the people who did complain then, my personal opinion.
Ross
Hi Ross,

We are indeed all entitled to our personal opinions, but they need to be based on fact. For a statement about 100% certainty to be made, it insinuates that the identities of the complainants are known to the person writing the post, and by default that suggests that Trading Standards have disclosed that information; the question is would a professional body like Trading Standards actually disclose such information? In any case, we had a similar sweeping statement made right at the start of this post and even that has proven to be inaccurate, given that Trading Standards have gone on to institute further changes.

It is such statements that lead to the heart of the matter at hand, namely the credibility and accuracy of information which is being publicised to Volvo owners in the wider community.
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 18:52   #35
Simon J
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
"But wiser people so full of doubts."

regards

iain

Nothing like a little self delusion, eh?
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 19:05   #36
pault5

Angry

FFS some people just will not let this rest.
The point HAS BEEN MADE PEOPLE.
I get what these people are saying. That is enough, PLEASE, give it a rest!

Paul.
pault5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 19:26   #37
adieu
Master Member

Default did i deserve that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon J
Nothing like a little self delusion, eh?
Alittle uncalled for i think.

Regards

Iain

He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument.
Chinese Proverb

Last edited by adieu; Jan 31st, 2006 at 19:34.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 19:35   #38
Simon J
Premier Member

Perhaps you should bear that motto in mind yourself! (The russian one you just removed, that is!)
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 21:04   #39
adieu
Master Member

Default This one?

Simon,

Ah but then at least you know the meaning. Maybe you should take it on board as it was meant for you. If you feel the need to use my posts against me then please continue.

All I have asked is how Hamish can be 100% certain that neither complaint was made by a customer?

If you have a problem with that then the Forums have a Private Message option which you can use to send a message to just myself rather than making an open uncalled for comment for all to read.

All you have to do is left click on my name or anyones for that matter and a new dropdown menu will open with the option to send a private message, type away to your hearts content and then hit SEND.

Regards

Iain
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 21:37   #40
pault5

Default Wierdos

Said it once and i,ll say it again, thier are some very strange people on this forum.

Most of them appear when its time to bash VT!

Paul.
pault5 is offline   Reply With Quote