Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks to the 'staff' on the stand at the NEC

Views : 3796

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2009, 20:32   #31
saturnuranus
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smith View Post
You wouldn't be calling Mrsmastiffs a liar would you ?
Far from it. I was merely seeking confirmation that she was interacting with a club representative and not just someone that happened to be on the stand at the time. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Now lets all be friends. I too would like to see the club getting a bit more involved with the membership in this respect and now it seems this is going to happen, I look forward to next years show in anticipation .
saturnuranus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saturnuranus For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 08:39   #32
akita
I've Been Banned

I was on the stand with my partner Rod, and I would also like to apologise to the lady but I dont have a clue who she spoke too. What I would like to say is I saw for myself the amount of hard work Bob and the others have getting everything to the NEC, display stands, etc. An awful lot of effort went in to this event and it is sad to see all this on the forum. I hope this can be sorted out quickly.
akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 19:37   #33
ukmastiff

I would only like to add the following : Mrs M and I have been involved with Dog societies/clubs for many years including committee posts judging etc.

I have never in that time ever heard a club official or committee apologise for anything ! or admit to having done anything wrong.

What I 'm tryig to say is that your club including 'Bob' and those who posted in support can't be that bad can they. Clearly there are plenty of kindly sociable folk here.

Cheers Mas
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 19:53   #34
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Thanks for that Mas. One of the problems with all such organisations is that it only takes a small mistake by the 'runners' to result in a big problem in the eyes of the 'members'. A good weekend and lots of hard work can be overshadowed by an ill-judged off-the-cuff comment. I think it can be even more frustrating and depressing for the 'runners', to be honest...but these things happen.

I'm glad there's been a happy(ish) conclusion

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 20:27   #35
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: VOC Reps Behaviour

I should just like to add to this thread in support of Bob and his excellent support team; a good number of whom I have exchanged happy banter with over an extended period. None of these people would put themselves in a position of indiscriminantly offending members of the public, nor condone or protect anyone who caused offence to any member of the public whilst representing the VOC. I find it abhorrent that anyone who regularly frequents these forums would think this may be the case!

That said, I am relatively pleased to see an amicable outcome to this matter.

Bob, I don't know what you have in mind regarding asking for help, but I believe it may be a good idea if we had a thread in the forums dedicated to posting 'Available Jobs'. This seems the simplest way of showing all members what is needed, and may gain a more positive response than the current system.

Just my opinion, of course

Cheers,

T