Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 76823

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2022, 14:20   #381
CocoPops
VOC Member

Clearly if production shifts into ‘23 then I’d have to have a conversation about EXC90 or whatever it’s gonna be…

I’m guessing but I’d say it’s Easter delivery for my XC90 recharge.., which is a year from ordering.
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 20:54   #382
Pablo B

I ordered an XC90 T8 Ultimate Dark in January and I am collecting it this week. The dealer understands the new EX90 will start at about £100k. With all the new tech and rising prices that does seem plausible.
Pablo B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 21:14   #383
S90
IT Guru

Yeah that seems about right, given the price of Tesla SUV, I reckon the Volvo will mince it in terms of fit and finish and blow Tesla Autopilot out of the water, and look much better!!
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 06:44   #384
CocoPops
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo B View Post
I ordered an XC90 T8 Ultimate Dark in January and I am collecting it this week. The dealer understands the new EX90 will start at about £100k. With all the new tech and rising prices that does seem plausible.
That would make sense for mine to be 3-4m behind then…
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 14:12   #385
James77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo B View Post
No one in their right mind will pay £100k plus for a Volvo. Plus with current Volvo residuals you'll end up financing 90% of it!

Last edited by James77; Sep 28th, 2022 at 14:14.
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 14:17   #386
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
No one in their right mind will pay £100k plus for a Volvo. Plus with current Volvo residuals you'll end up financing 90% of it!
People over this for a Tesla Model X which are a very new brand with very different company values to Volvo - genuinely curious why you'd think people won't pay this for a Volvo?...(call it market research....)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Sep 28th, 2022 at 14:22.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 14:22   #387
James77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
People pay well over this for Tesla's which are a very new brand with very different company values to Volvo - genuinely curious why you'd think people won't pay this for a Volvo?...(call it market research....)
The brand doesn't command it, in my view the badge just isn't strong enough. People that drive Volvos will say to the death they are premium (perhaps they are) but ask the general public who drive other brands and I'm convinced most wont agree.
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 14:25   #388
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Interesting... Hopefully the new car will prove all those people wrong ... We shall see

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 14:32   #389
ccfcforever1987
VOC Member

For me, its not so much the list price of a car but the monthly PCP/lease payments.

There is no point telling people the new EX90 is £100k+. What they really want to know is how much is it going to cost me a month.

I would imagine and I may be wrong and @MtillingVolvo may correct me, but the majority of people now don't buy a brand new car outright, they PCP or lease.

BEVs are still out of the reach of most people because of the high payments. Industry will tell you that yes the car costs more but you save in fuel. However, given the variables (cost of fuel vs electric) at the moment (I have worked through the numbers) the savings are just not there anymore. Consider as an example, a petrol Golf is £30kish but an ID4 (similar size) is over £40k. Dependant on interest rates etc, you could be looking at another £150 or more per month to buy electric.

Last edited by ccfcforever1987; Sep 28th, 2022 at 14:35.
ccfcforever1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccfcforever1987 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 20:35   #390
MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
People over this for a Tesla Model X which are a very new brand with very different company values to Volvo - genuinely curious why you'd think people won't pay this for a Volvo?...(call it market research....)
The issue at that price, if that’s what the price is likely to be, is that you have a very small market that could afford it, regardless of brand. You’d reasonably expect that a decent chunk of prospective buyers would be those switching from the likes of the XC90 T8 or it’s Audi / BMW rivals, but that’s a huge price hike which won’t be affordable for many - even on PCP and with strong residuals. And BMW and Audi brands arguably carry more prestige than Volvo.

With heavy discounting I paid not much over £50k for a diesel XC90, but when the PCP is up in 2024, I’ll be a million light years from affording an EX90 at that price.