Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39758

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2007, 17:51   #351
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
It seems nothing is good enough for you.

sw's stored ashoks parts for free as a favour to a friend for approximately 2 years. I would guess that it was more ashok brought them down and they put the bits up stairs, with the assumption that they would either be used or ashok would come down and collect them.
I take it you are a commercial poster here. Lets not get into guessing games. if you were there when pyaap brought it, then say it as it is. If you were not there, then try to make a guess on it. This has been the whole problem since you got into the thread. A simple thread asking help from members here for another member.

If SW made an assumption, then from a business sense point of view, thats bad. I prefer dealing with companies that are straight forward and speak up front. If pyaap said please do me a favour and store it,.. fine. Otherwise, SW should have made it clear, storage = cost.

You want to see how a small outfit lists every single cost for doing something, then come to Chertsey. i will take you to this van rental hire. Even to call and do checks on driving license if they need to, there is a charge and its listed right infront of the customer. Every thing is thought of well. No arguments, no sudden shocks in bill, etc. And definitely no "representative" speaking on their behalf!!!

Quote:
Ashok asked for them on 18th october, ashok provided the serial number on the 19th November to make sure he got the correct parts. stuart then said to ashok over the phone to give him a few days to find the parts which he wouldnt charge for. The parts have been forund as promised.
Tim asked for it WHEN? By this stage any decent outfit would have made preparations to find the engine. If confirmation was needed, then as soon as it was obtained the engine should have been released. Thats called EFFICIENCY.

Need pyaap to give serial number? WHY? didn't anyone at SW think of jotting it down at the time of storage? When SW gets bits from the post, you never check with the delivery person what they are delivering? Good business practice?

Few days from the 18th october, right. So last I checked its finally revealed NOT by Stuart or you but a third party today. now thats very good business sense too. Getting a third person to mention it here.

Quote:
lets also note that sw's also stored ashoks wheels for quite a while, and made them ready for collection by IC.
Really who cares? Has pyaap done work at SW and never paid for it? Was it always a one way street? As pyaap obtained new customers for SW? That statement from you is irrelevant here.

Quote:
so i think sw's have bent over backwards to help out ashok, and have not asked for anything in return.
Again,.. please refrain from I THINK. You are representing SW here so either be accurate and know ALL the facts or don't talk about it. Likewise we need to ask pyaap if he has gone backwards for SW to help them in the past now that you posted that irrelevant piece of tit bit. THe way I see it, stuart and pyaap have shared some understanding in this and its not for us to talk about it. Like my early posts said, at the time based on pyaap's recommendation, if ever I needed engine work, I would have gone to SW. But thanks to you and your posts knowing you work there and 'represent' SW in someway, I PM pyaap and told him if ever I need engine work now, SW are not even in my list. Pat yourself on the back for that.

Quote:
if you read back through what i have said, you will find ive been pretty factual - and there is still more to come.

The way I see it, yes you would post more nonsense but thats your style. So when you do, please also be prepared to accept more gossip from other members here who want to share their .... "still more to come" tittle tattle. Or maybe you can take SaffronC70 advice.

Quote:
since when has sw's had to communicate via the VOC on private matters?
since when is it necessary for a proprietor of a business to share emails with third party people. Just to clarify, what I meant was with all this flying about and W in the middle of it, all it would have been was Stuart to call pyaap and clear it up,... OR if he was too busy to get his "representative" here to drop a post and clear it up OR while he was having time to show people emails, it would have been better spent to log on to this wonderful forum, and post a short sweet reply to pyaap. If that happened then we won't be having 300 posts already. Good customer relations?

Quote:
I do find your logic slightly confusing, you have wanted me to post info reagrding this matter however you have said it was wrong of me to see emails from ashok to sw's - why are you being so selective?
Please, I never wanted you to post anything other than "hey yes, we gave the store a check and we spotted it. Another few days and if anyone here would like to pick it up on behalf of pyaap, let us know". Thats what common sense would have done but sadly NOT.! Common? thats a joke!

IMHO, showing emails to others when its address directly to a person is wrong in my book. Anyone here beg to differ? Let me know why. thanks.

Quote:
so to calrify, its only taken a few days to find the parts
This is the biggest understatement of the year but I won't argue cause only you see it that way.

Quote:
Now would have been the time for ashok to have started this thread.
WRONG again. When tim asked would have been the time to LOOK for it.

When Pyaap confirmed release, it would have been the time to release it. As far as I am concerned, I still have no clue if the engine is at SW. Why? cause won't accept it at this stage from someone who was visiting SW who says he saw it. Did he cross reference the serial num?

The rightful person to confirm it would be stuart with a call to pyaap or a post here or by pyaap saying its confirmed because he had a call from SW auto OR by a representative of SW. Again, I see it SW failed in its duty to take care of items it stored at its premise, failed to find it in reasonable time, failed to call back when pyaap called and was unable to speak to stuart.

It all boils down to the professionalism of the company, its customer service and attitude of its "representatives". And based on that, I stand by my comment,.. if a link was posted on RB forums, and those members had a read, I seriously feel there will be a loss of potential customers. Something you and stuart should have considered before you came in with post 23 and the ones later and stuart for his part in showing emails to others. The latter being,.. down right UNBELIEVABLE..!!

Cheers.
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 18:01   #352
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
I have allready stated that I am not stuart's spokesman.

I will say it again!

Im not stuarts spokesman.

enigma666, Im sure you must be able to see that not all the facts presented in this thread.

Now, for those of you who thought the engine had been, put in another car, sold etc etc - you all look rather foolish now dont you think?
If not then why did you actually bother to start posting in this topic at all??
All your posts achieved was to cloud the issue and set off in tangents.
All you had to do was post nothing... as (not very) obviously the issue was nothing to do with you and you had no say in the matters and were not party to anything.
Why post and sow confusion and doubt? Or is your middle name FUD?

Things could have been alot easier had Stuart had post a quick note and gotten back to ashok...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 18:05   #353
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross9 View Post
I already did, "The Garage" would have done so, as well as getting the requested parts ready within a day and without any of the nonsense that went on here, while at the same time being one of the best tuners around IMO

So it seems that the crank was removed from the block for some reason and it's now to be found, or a crank found, to be put with the rest of the block, some rods as well? I know someone (andy I think) got the pistons at some point but not the rods, I'll state here that I may have missed what happened to them at some pint in the last 34 pages lol.

Hopefully Tim will be on the way to being back on the road soon then, funnily enough now that someone appeared at SW and was told by stuart he had the stuff ready, the day after Ashok was going to be taking matters further, as well as being shown personal e-mails, they wouldn't be the same ones you (bobcat) wanted to post so you could draw reference to the dates would they? handy eh...but that really is just the cynic in me talking I guess/

Anyway, as for comments such as along the lines of " as for those who thought the engine had been used/sold, I bet you feel stupid now" , no I don't tbh, the whole matter came to that where some people would draw that conclusion because of your actions in the thread, tbh I'm starting to think that perhaps you enjoyed the thread and peoples reactions, or perhaps wanted to try and get one over on some people so steered the thread through lack of information and the odd snippet here and there so you could say "ha, told you so" ...tbh though I'm not sure if you have the intelligence for that, and if so I would feel sorry for you to be in that state of mind, I say would as I'm not really that sympathetic and you've hardly shown yourself in a blinding light here Matt.

Anyway, this may look like Bobcat bashing here, but I didn't post for many pages due to not wanting to come across that way, and because as I said I got the feeling bobcat was enjoying it by that point, I just feel it should be pointed out that just because SW auto's have now, it seems, sorted the issue out (I'll reserve judgement until we see/hear happy tales from Ashok & Tim) , this whole debacle was caused by Bobcat, had he said nothing, Stuart obviously would not have responded, the thread would have lain dormant for periods or moved slowly until more info was made available to people or a resolution was achieved outwith the forum, his entire demeanour was to antagonise and draw out the post as it went for whatever reasons he may have for doing so be it for some depraved attempt at gaining some importance, or in an attempt to delay and deflect the issue for some reason or another....a cynical person may link this to locating parts for said block that were removed for some reason the owner of said parts had no knowledge of, despite it being "in storage" for 2 years....but thats just the way some people might think, who's to say..

Either way the fact remains the engine was asked for 3 months ago, it was only acknowledged to be there when threats of further action were made and it was a poor show from all concerned at SW autos, in my personal opinion. Also for some reason a block that was put into storage, had the pistons removed at some point at the request of the properties owner as we have all read about earlier, now has no crank or rods associated with it and they had to be found seperately...doesn't sound like simple storage to me, again in my personal opinion.

Ross
I totall agree with you Ross. This whole thread from the point Bobcat got into it has left a bitter after taste but I feel thats the way he is. You can never get a simple straight answer but it will be a wild goose chase and a total waste of time.

that said I also wonder why the crank is out but I didn't want to ask for worry of another 200 threads with no positive answer. Plus I was not privy to know about the history of this engine, why its there etc. All I can base it on is what bobcat has been posting, the relationship he has with SW auto and logical business sense of it all.

One thing good of this thread though is the eye-opener for anyone to know what Bobcat is like and the possible service at SW auto. On that count, top marks for Bobcat!

cheers
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 18:19   #354
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:

I will say it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

All you had to do was post nothing... as (not very) obviously the issue was nothing to do with you and you had no say in the matters and were not party to anything.

Things could have been alot easier had Stuart had post a quick note and gotten back to ashok...

Des. . .
haha.. I didn't even want to pick up on that. its a joke cause one second he is not, another it seems like it especially when he is viewing emails and then coming back here to mention it.

It was a good wind-up from him though.

cheers
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 18:57   #355
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
Has pyaap done work at SW and never paid for it?
ashok also posted something along thse lines a while back.

would you like me to find this out and post up clarification?

regarding the emails, you seem really defense over that, even though your happy with ashok post up points from his conversations with stuart, and other other info etc.

has ashok showed you the emails?
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 18:58   #356
bobcat
Premier Member

can you then clarify why you are posting? i dont think sw's have any of your parts in storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

Des. . .
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 19:10   #357
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

So in summary

We have hearsay evidence that the block and crank web are there.

We have hearsay evidence that Ashok asked for the parts to be released on the 18th Oct.

There still appears to be a missing crank shaft and con-rods.

Can any of this be confirmed by Stuart or Ashok?

Quite right to not release parts without the owners say so, however there has been 8 weeks from Timway asking to locate the parts and 5 weeks from Ashok authorising release to raise an invoice for Timway for the shipping.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 19:16   #358
pault5

Smile

Quote:
can you then clarify why you are posting? i dont think sw's have any of your parts in storage.
Matt, can YOU clarify why you are posting ?

paul
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 21:10   #359
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
so has the block been found? i wouldnt mind a piccy so i can use it as a background on my pc
Well here's my current one to keep you going for the time being....

Old Nov 27th, 2007, 21:12   #360
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
ashok also posted something along thse lines a while back.

would you like me to find this out and post up clarification?

regarding the emails, you seem really defense over that, even though your happy with ashok post up points from his conversations with stuart, and other other info etc.

has ashok showed you the emails?
First off, if pyaap and stuart posted stuff, thats fine. Who better then to know what took place. Not for us to really know which you also have mentioned in a post. (I got no time to dig it up so if you want to know which one, you go sniff it out.)

Secondly, Pyaap has not shared any emails with me. Thats called integrity Bobcat. Neither would I want to read it even if he wanted to show it to me.
(BTW, thats is how you answer a question in a straight forward manner. I could have written "pyaap has not shared any emails that were private, thus leaving the question open about non-private emails.)

Quote:
You are really full of it. So why did you write up post23 in the first place. I don't think bobcat has any of pyaap's parts in storage?
Also;....

Quote:

I will say it again!

Last I checked, Des is a member here and he is entitled to post based on what you have been posting. Or is that privilege just for you?