Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Conenct Internet

Views : 3974

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 09:41   #21
Flux
Premier Member

The wonders of technology!

Great to hear it's working but don't expect you will be overbundled with joy when you look at the App's. I don't use any of them apart from the occasional blast on the Tune-In app. My favourite is the send to car function for nav destinations but most of the others are a bit lame IMHO.

Like you have said, would be great to have the Spotify app as part of the bundle but somehow don't think they will add as their reason would be to just tether your phone - and save them the agro of getting this added to sensus connect..
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 14:39   #22
Agenda109

Default Sensus Connect

Sounds like Sensus is something I would rather do without, especially as I'm planning on using TomTom, but it appears I have to have it to get the 7" screen for a rear parking camera. That makes it one heck of an expensive camera!
Agenda109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 14:47   #23
tdw197

Had a bit more of a play and the tunein app is actually pretty good. Audio quality is good and the selection is fantastic (been listening to Zambian radio whilst driving round town!).

Going to have more of a play later, but if they just has Spotify too it would be great..

Always disliked parking cameras personally, much prefer the beeps, but maybe that's me getting old....
tdw197 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdw197 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2015, 19:07   #24
Joggern

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw197 View Post
Going to have more of a play later, but if they just has Spotify too it would be great..
Erm. Have I missed something? (Just ordered my S60 and now wondering whether I've not specced up what I think I have...?)

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/top/abou...spx?itemid=176
Joggern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2015, 19:17   #25
Considered1
Premier Member

That article refers to Sensus Connected TOUCH which is Touch screen dealer upgrade for some sensus systems, not standard and not worth the £1200 or whatever it is IMHO

Sensus connect is not a touch screen.

Last edited by Considered1; Apr 7th, 2015 at 19:21.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 09:56   #26
Julianpms
VOC Member

Default Spotify and Rdio on Sensus Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
The wonders of technology!

Great to hear it's working but don't expect you will be overbundled with joy when you look at the App's. I don't use any of them apart from the occasional blast on the Tune-In app. My favourite is the send to car function for nav destinations but most of the others are a bit lame IMHO.

Like you have said, would be great to have the Spotify app as part of the bundle but somehow don't think they will add as their reason would be to just tether your phone - and save them the agro of getting this added to sensus connect..
I'm a fan of Spotify too and really wish the Sensus Connect system included it. However, if like me you have a collection of Spotify playlists, you can migrate these to Rdio using a simple app called Re/spin (see http://resp.in/).
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 10:01   #27
Turnwood

What apps should I be getting in my MY15 V60 with Sensus Connect but without Nav? I currently only see Rdio, Tune-in radio and one other (can't remember what now). My car is linked with MyVolvo.

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 17:30   #28
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnwood View Post
What apps should I be getting in my MY15 V60 with Sensus Connect but without Nav? I currently only see Rdio, Tune-in radio and one other (can't remember what now). My car is linked with MyVolvo.
hope this works

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/Page...a80151540b9559

not sure if thats for UK or not, I have also got a Weather App and WIKI Locations

May take a good few days for them all to appear.
Park & Pay - still no ability to Pay - Parkopedia contact doesnt reply to emails anymore.

Last edited by Considered1; Apr 8th, 2015 at 17:42.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 19:33   #29
Craigy

So does the current sensus connect with nav come with the Spotify app? I'm totally confused? My new v60 comes in a couple of weeks and was hoping that this would be included.
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 20:10   #30
Turnwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
hope this works

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/Page...a80151540b9559

not sure if thats for UK or not, I have also got a Weather App and WIKI Locations

May take a good few days for them all to appear.
Park & Pay - still no ability to Pay - Parkopedia contact doesnt reply to emails anymore.
Thanks - it looks as though most of the apps are only available if you also have Nav which seems a bit stupid because I know the car has a GPS aerial and that the Nav upgrade if you already have Sensus Connect is simply the installation of the maps.

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote