Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

codes

Views : 1905

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 20th, 2008, 09:57   #21
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

I think B&Q sell a similar or better meter for similar money.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 10:03   #22
cam
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Rogers View Post
I think B&Q sell a similar or better meter for similar money.
hi mate,i would have gone out to buy one but were all a bit poorly (chest infections),we dont need car till christmas day (wifes working) the guy said i'le get it tuesday so that would be cool,i'm off to warm car up to check the 3o/clck gauge,nice one.
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 10:48   #23
cam
Premier Member

Smile

disaster,car would not start off key ( battery running low ) bumped it started and was running cutting out, running cutting out, done about a mile heart in mouth, got back went to reverse cut out, tried to bump again nothing, checked codes 131 has come up = RPM sensor signal, missing, freaky, starting to be, but i know my mates here can help, my red volvo done this to me just before christmas as well but then i was on my way back from kent,9hrs on motorway, please god dont let it be really bad,i'le be a good boy honest, message to god, cheers.

Last edited by cam; Dec 20th, 2008 at 10:49. Reason: a prayer
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:29   #24
cam
Premier Member

Smile

hi,cam.
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:43   #25
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
hi,cam.
LOL....Nutter.....

Well, another day another code Cam, cant say the code reader has not been interesting....

RPM pops up on mine every now and again, it comes, i expect from excessive cranking..., tho it is a important tool in the timing process...

You can carry out a resistance test on the sensor and also from the loom plug back to earth but for the time being i would delete the code....

Maybe as Chris mentioned re the ECT sensor, maybe give the contacts a clean up...

The problem is with sensors, when they breakdown they do not just STOP working, they give false readings causing a great deal of headscratching....

If it makes you feel any better Cam, Joannes T5 is a dog to start, i have tried everything i can think of to rectify the problem.....

Ho Hum....

Cheers
Jod
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 14:18   #26
cam
Premier Member

Cool

hey my man, been down my garage took the one off my spare car (rpm sensor) took my time trying not to freak out too much, refitted it onto the one i use voooooommfffff ticking over better than ever(praise the lord) old original code is still there 123 but i'le leave it at that untill i get the multimeater,,temp gauge is just a bit above 3o/clock with the heater working spot on, the ect on the old one does need the longer torx to remove the housing not that i ever doubted you (just keeping you in check) so im after one of those as well was it a 40 size i need? cheers mate catch you soon,be cool cam. ps without the codereader i think i would have shot myself ,anybody reading this with 95models not all ? and not just 95models i think do yourself a favour get one.

Last edited by cam; Dec 20th, 2008 at 14:23. Reason: more info
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 14:29   #27
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
hey my man, been down my garage took the one off my spare car (rpm sensor) took my time trying not to freak out too much, refitted it onto the one i use voooooommfffff ticking over better than ever(praise the lord) old original code is still there 123 but i'le leave it at that untill i get the multimeater,,temp gauge is just a bit above 3o/clock with the heater working spot on, the ect on the old one does need the longer torx to remove the housing not that i ever doubted you (just keeping you in check) so im after one of those as well was it a 40 size i need? cheers mate catch you soon,be cool cam. ps without the codereader i think i would have shot myself ,anybody reading this with 95models not all ? and not just 95models i think do yourself a favour get one.
IIRC, it is a 40 Cam, you will have to drain some coolant out thru the bottom of the rad if you want to replace the ECT, or have a little coolant on your floor....
Best as you said to wait till you get a multimeter....
Cheers
Jod
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 14:41   #28
cam
Premier Member

Smile

spot on,nice one,cam.
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 22:50   #29
cam
Premier Member

Default multimeter

multimeter tommorow i think,time to put this one to bed for good,thank god for that they said now p...off