Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto breaking

Views : 5284

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2011, 22:34   #21
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
I'm not particularly familiar with which colour is which, but I think it's redwood, yes. It's the same colour as the wood on my old S70, and lighter than the brown wood in the V70R.

cheers

James
Hi James
Please check out this link to confirm colour!

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=94549

Thanks
David
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 01:23   #22
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Yes, I think that's the right colour. Any clues as to how it comes out? I know some of them are a bit tricky...although I think that's mainly the one around the stereo and heater controls. If not, I'm sure I can work it out. Will take a look over the next few days...perhaps Sunday. I'll look for that relay previously mentioned at the same time.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 17:01   #23
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
Yes, I think that's the right colour. Any clues as to how it comes out? I know some of them are a bit tricky...although I think that's mainly the one around the stereo and heater controls. If not, I'm sure I can work it out. Will take a look over the next few days...perhaps Sunday. I'll look for that relay previously mentioned at the same time.

cheers

James
Thanks for that James, also the grey trim that surrounds it please. As you can see from the picture, the reason I want to replace, is there are holes in it as a result of removing old hands free kit along with grey trim. Can you verify the condition of it before you try removing it please?
Thanks
David
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 22:11   #24
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Hi David,

The redwood section is out now (I didn't check the thread until now...), and in as good a condition as you could reasonably expect. There are some very light surface scratches if you get it in the light, but it's pretty good, and I managed to remove it without damaging it. Removal is not a trivial exercise!

I'm a bit mystified about the grey trim - which bit do you mean? Because this car has a creme interior, all the side pieces are cream too. The only grey sections would be the bit which houses the heated seat switches / coin tray, the gear selector lever surround and the piece below and around the handbrake...the latter of which I think was damaged during removal. The grey plastic to the sides of the coin tray (on the inside of the dashboard) might also be removable, I suppose...?

I also can't see any holes in that pic...maybe you need to know what you're looking for...?

Let me know exactly what you're looking for, and I'll see what I can do.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 13:11   #25
volvomania

What kind of interior is in it?
Do you have a interior code?
volvomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 13:45   #26
Tubby Doorman
Finally a Volvo owner!!

Hi James. You still got the steering wheel? If so, what's the colour and condition? And does it have wood or just plain?

My Dad says not to worry about the grey trim afore mentioned, his is repairable. He'd like to know a posted price so he can get it organised for you and also would appreciate a brief run through on how the wood trim is removed.

Many thanks, Simon.
Tubby Doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 14:46   #27
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

The interior is creme / beige leather, with creme lower dash, and oak (I think...) upper dash. I can read the code off the VIN plate if you can remind me which code it is. I'd be happy to store it ready for the BKV...?

The wheel is in decent condition. It's creme leather. When I spoke to Ryan about the trim, he said £15 plus postage, given that it was a pig to remove. That should bring it in at around £20.

Removal-wise...you need to take out the whole centre console (screws under the CD tray), unclip it from the front (take out the coin tray, then pull up, gently) and pull it out. Once out of the car, it unscrews. There are better jobs...!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 15:10   #28
Tubby Doorman
Finally a Volvo owner!!

OK thanks, what's your paypal address? I'd appreciate a quick photo of the wheel and a posted price.

Thanks.
Tubby Doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 22:01   #29
7 Seat Sports Car

Hi there,

I had it confirmed today that my steering rack is honking fluid out through the offside gaiter. With MOT due in march I was wondering if your steering rack is leak free. I have a '99 V70 T5 and the VIN plate leads me to believe I have an SMI rack fitted. The last digit on the bottom right hand number is 5.

Is your rack still available and if so is it compatible. I live in Wisbech so could collect in person. How much would it cost for the rack, metal and rubber return pipe to reservoir and thick rubber supply pipe to power steering pump.

Cheers

Drew
7 Seat Sports Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 23:58   #30
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Photos are awkward at this time of year - when it's light, we're not at home. I appreciate that you would need a pic, though. I'll see what I can do. PM 1stRaven (my housemate) regarding payment - it's his car.

My V70R also needs a rack...so I was thinking of being selfish and keeping it! Andrew Page did me an exchange rack for £145 or so a couple of years ago (for my old S70)...if you intend to keep the car a decent length of time, I'd shell out a bit of cash and get one of those.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164