Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where do you get your genuine Volvo parts from? (bumped)

Views : 1960

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2022, 07:44   #21
Olaf Els

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowiama View Post
Just ordered parts to refresh the power tail gate and fit a normal dipstick to my D5 205ps.
I'd be interested to know the part numbers and cost of the items you purchased for the tailgate. Thank you.
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 11:35   #22
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Els View Post
I'd be interested to know the part numbers and cost of the items you purchased for the tailgate. Thank you.
Hi Olaf,

There are two sets of x2 buffers I sought:

the upper two (adjustable) buffers # is: 31371523 about £16ea inc VAT direct from Volvo (I think)
the lower two (non-adjustable) buffers # is: 30762861 - I only needed one - was £13.19...£6each + £4.99 shipping (rip off) plus VAT on top. from fastautoparts.co.uk...but I needed to grab it quickly.

Not cheap for a few "little bits", but hopefully my tailgate will now shut/shut better once new bits installed.

Hope this helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreenThing For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 18:28   #23
Olaf Els

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenThing View Post
Hi Olaf,

There are two sets of x2 buffers I sought:

Not cheap for a few "little bits", but hopefully my tailgate will now shut/shut better once new bits installed.

Hope this helps...
Very many thanks. I look forward to learning if these have improved the tailgate operation once fitted.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 18:53   #24
sda2489

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Just checked their prices against parts I have bought from main dealer FRF and allcarpartsfast were a fair bit more expensive
I always shop around..... For the best deal. I've got some really decent parts from them over the years compared to others....
sda2489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 11:36   #25
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Very many thanks. I look forward to learning if these have improved the tailgate operation once fitted.
Hi Olaf,

New "bits" (x4 buffers) fitted today as well as the 2 ceiling plugs - OEM 30779332 (at the top of the tailgate) where the upper buffers meet the tailgate upon closing.

Conclusion: tailgate closes, then the motor "draws" in the door to shut it properly. Which is what I wanted it to do. Before it just clunked down - it was particularly worse in hot weather (like now) .

Tailgate shocks are weakening slightly though, so door drops with a slight clunk..but I can live with that for now!
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 21:34   #26
Olaf Els

Quote:
Hi Olaf,

New "bits" (x4 buffers) fitted today as well as the 2 ceiling plugs - OEM 30779332 (at the top of the tailgate) where the upper buffers meet the tailgate upon closing.

Conclusion: tailgate closes, then the motor "draws" in the door to shut it properly. Which is what I wanted it to do. Before it just clunked down - it was particularly worse in hot weather (like now) .

Tailgate shocks are weakening slightly though, so door drops with a slight clunk..but I can live with that for now!
Thanks for the info. I fitted the four buffers only (not the ceiling plugs) and to my disappointment they made no difference at all. My next step is to fit new gas struts, when I can find the energy to do so!
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 13:19   #27
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I fitted the four buffers only (not the ceiling plugs) and to my disappointment they made no difference at all. My next step is to fit new gas struts, when I can find the energy to do so!
I think we’re both in the same position regarding the new gas struts then Olaf!🙂
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 14:35   #28
Olaf Els

Quote:
I think we’re both in the same position regarding the new gas struts then Olaf!🙂
That sounds about right! It's one of those things that niggles me, but not quite enough yet to get myself psyched up to do it.

I've got a similar attitude to the lock button on the drivers door external handle. It doesn't function, so I press the one on the rear passenger door instead. I've got a replacement (used) door handle, which may or may not cure the problem - and if it does I've then got to spray it in the correct colour. It's a job for when the weather is good enough and I am otherwise very bored!
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 15:09   #29
Simmy
Premier Member

do it today. the weather wont get any better than this in the uk the run into autumn starts in 2 weeks ha . ha.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 16:36   #30
Olaf Els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
do it today. the weather wont get any better than this in the uk the run into autumn starts in 2 weeks ha . ha.

I know that's sound advice, but it's my old Mitsubishi 4x4 that needs my attention first. I've been struggling with a hot start problem for a while, and was resigned to it being a fault on the injection pump (as diagnosed by two experts). I am now coming to the conclusion that it was a battery problem, which is much more easily rectified. If I am right, the engine wasn't being turned over fast enough for compression when hot. When cold, it had the assistance of glow plugs. (Off topic I know, but I am just so pleased that the old truck lives on!)