Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Maroon Brown with Dark Birch Flame

Views : 3340

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2017, 10:55   #21
Lexman8
Premier Member

I wonder if that's because the items have to be ordered as individual spare parts now rather than as an option pack.

But something still doesn't add up as it looks like the dealer is charging ~£800 for fitting. That's almost a whole day's work and I don't think it takes anything like that long.
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 23:12   #22
Murph7355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
No, but will try and get some.

Will probably be hard to give the proper effect as the wood trim is gloss and quite dark. But will give it a go.
Not the best photos and the car isn't exactly clean at present (just had a 600+ mile holiday with the family in it). but hopefully gives and idea of dark birch flame with blond.

The long term test link car also has this combo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270734).

I've been really fortunate to own some lovely cars, and this really is up there with them in terms of the quality feel. It's a fantastic, relaxing place to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Interior 1.jpg (182.3 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Interior 2.jpg (132.1 KB, 88 views)
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murph7355 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 00:00   #23
Bicax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAmaral View Post
P.S: the black roofline goes very well with the maroon brown. The car looks darker inside but with the black carpet on the floor I can't imagine how it would look like if the roofline is the standard grayish colour.
I should have paid more attention to your PS, and to the catalogue...

When I ordered my XC90 I assumed that the roof would be black, since the maroon brown is surrounded by charcoal. I'm still trying to see if I can change this, but it is probable that the answer will be negative.

I can't begin to describe how upset I am with myself, and with whoever at Volvo thought that slapping a grey/beige roof and pillars on the charcoal/brown mix was a good idea

I really hope it isn't as fugly as I imagine it to be.
Bicax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 03:32   #24
JAmaral
XC90 MY18 - PGray/MBrown

Sorry...! ☹️ I guess you will have to push for it with the dealer.... We ordered the black rooftop for my wife's countryman and I liked it a lot so when I decided for the xc90 it was a no brainer for me! Furthermore, when I ordered the car I had no idea the back of the seats was charcoal. So I was really happy with the black rooftop choice when I first saw the car and noticed that the seats were half mbrown/charcoal (sorry for repeating the same thing over again &#129299. I haven't seen a mbrown with the standard rooftop but I guess it will look a bit confusing having brown, black/charcoal and then beige...

I would be all over my dealer being a real pain *** to get it changed...

On a separate yet related topic: One of the things I would strongly advise Volvo to implement at a dealer level would be diversity on their showroom and demonstration cars. I understand that they need to order cars they know will sell well after the demo period but over here the cars at the dealers all look the same. Black w/ charcoal over aluminum or black over blond. I called a big number of dealers at different locations and they all had more or less the same to show... I love my color choices but it could have been a disaster!
JAmaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 12:19   #25
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:

On a separate yet related topic: One of the things I would strongly advise Volvo to implement at a dealer level would be diversity on their showroom and demonstration cars. I understand that they need to order cars they know will sell well after the demo period but over here the cars at the dealers all look the same. Black w/ charcoal over aluminum or black over blond. I called a big number of dealers at different locations and they all had more or less the same to show... I love my color choices but it could have been a disaster!
According to the salesman I dealt with, demonstrators are initially allocated to dealers by Volvo in a standard format, usually black/charcoal etc. It's up to the dealer to access the build system and alter the spec to suit what they know will sell in their area.

My 2017MY V90 Inscription was an ex-demo but had been radically altered to a much better spec, Mussel Blue with Amber perforated soft leather, Xenium pack, winter pack, CD, 20" wheels, adaptive full LED headlights, 4 zone climate control, rear window blinds, HUD etc, in fact the car was virtually upgraded to what has now become Inscription Pro specification as the dealer anticipated what customers would want to see.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 18:06   #26
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
One of the things I would strongly advise Volvo to implement at a dealer level would be diversity on their showroom and demonstration cars. I understand that they need to order cars they know will sell well after the demo period but over here the cars at the dealers all look the same. Black w/ charcoal over aluminum or black over blond. I called a big number of dealers at different locations and they all had more or less the same to show...
I couldn't agree more!
Whatever your external and internal choices, it would be preferable to see an example in the flesh, even if it's not exactly the same model, ie V90/S90, and XC70/XC90.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 19:32   #27
Bicax

Exactly.

To be honest, I would even have traveled to another city in Spain if they had a maroon brown car in display. But I was told that since the colour was new they didn't even have samples, let alone a demo car.

With the brown, charcoal and beige mix I feel like I bought an effing expensive Cornetto
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 22:21   #28
Murph7355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicax View Post
Exactly.

To be honest, I would even have traveled to another city in Spain if they had a maroon brown car in display. But I was told that since the colour was new they didn't even have samples, let alone a demo car.

With the brown, charcoal and beige mix I feel like I bought an effing expensive Cornetto
I reckon it will look fine. Google seems to throw up a lot more images now. e.g.

That one has the lighter wood trims. With the birch flame ones I think it will look better still. Even if the b-post were in the lighter colour it would look good IMO.

I'm not a fan of dark roof linings really.
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 14:44   #29
Bicax

Thanks Murph!

I guess I have to see it in person. It might indeed make the space inside the car look wider. I just don't want it to clash too much, but if it's discreet then it's fine. My wife is happy though, she hates dark spaces.
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 14:53   #30
Bicax

Hi guys, I finally got my car and I find that it looks extremely good. I still think that the black headliner could look better than the beige, but I really like the feel of the lighter headliner. The cabin looks a lot roomier, to the point I wish I could have gotten the full beige leather (impossible with 3 kids...).

Couple of pics in case anyone is looking for this combo:

https://ibb.co/cNDTrG
https://ibb.co/dD91BG
The Following User Says Thank You to Bicax For This Useful Post: