Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 137720

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 20:05   #241
nomorework

Only had mine 5 days, driven 400 miles (mainly urban/rural) and I'm well pleased with mine!
nomorework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 12:29   #242
jay clock

I have a D5 205hp April 2011 SE Lux with a load of extras (ex Volvo UK car)

Generally I am very happy indeed. Looks and feels fantastic. Very large inside relative to its length (important as my drive is tiny and the XC60 is the absolute max I can have.

Tons of useful and clever features. For the record, my RH headlamp setting happily stays set for the duration of the the trip! A few niggles

Sat Nav. Firstly will not accept full UK postcodes. That is a major weakness. Secondly, if I set it up using the dash controls (instead of the voice controls) it retains the last set destination when next using it (poss does not happen if you do actually go as far as the set destination). Eg last Sunday I used it to navigate to Windsor. Then leaving there I set it to go home. Half way home I cancelled the sat nav as I knew where I was, and didn't need the voice prompt. Monday I got in the car to go to Portsmouth, and when I put in the address it adds Portsmouth as a stop on an itinerary to home. So it will take me to Portsmouth but all the distances and times etc are wrong. If using voice control it cancels all the settings and sets a new route.

Heating. Most premium cars allow you to link the two temp settings on the climate control. When I am alone in the car it is a hassle to have to reset two temperature gauges every time

Nasty squeak that sounds like it is the driver's seat on even moderately bumpy roads. However cannot replicate it by bouncing up and down on the seat

Locks. I liked the autolocks setting when driving off, but they are too much hassle as I had to manually unlock using the lock button in order to get anything off the back seat

MPG around 32. hugely worse than my old A4 TDi but much bigger engine and weight, so ok (ish). I do not drive like a nutter and mway trips are on cruise control at 72mph
jay clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 12:39   #243
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay clock View Post

For the record, my RH headlamp setting happily stays set for the duration of the the trip!.
Are you sure? They stay set for a trip, but if you leave the car locked for half an hour or so then they revert back to LH and you have to change to RH again.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:38   #244
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay clock View Post

Generally I am very happy indeed. Looks and feels fantastic. Very large inside relative to its length (important as my drive is tiny and the XC60 is the absolute max I can have.

Tons of useful and clever features. For the record, my RH headlamp setting happily stays set for the duration of the the trip! A few niggles

Sat Nav. Firstly will not accept full UK postcodes. That is a major weakness. Secondly, if I set it up using the dash controls (instead of the voice controls) it retains the last set destination when next using it (poss does not happen if you do actually go as far as the set destination). Eg last Sunday I used it to navigate to Windsor. Then leaving there I set it to go home. Half way home I cancelled the sat nav as I knew where I was, and didn't need the voice prompt. Monday I got in the car to go to Portsmouth, and when I put in the address it adds Portsmouth as a stop on an itinerary to home. So it will take me to Portsmouth but all the distances and times etc are wrong. If using voice control it cancels all the settings and sets a new route.

Heating. Most premium cars allow you to link the two temp settings on the climate control. When I am alone in the car it is a hassle to have to reset two temperature gauges every time

Nasty squeak that sounds like it is the driver's seat on even moderately bumpy roads. However cannot replicate it by bouncing up and down on the seat

Locks. I liked the autolocks setting when driving off, but they are too much hassle as I had to manually unlock using the lock button in order to get anything off the back seat

MPG around 32. hugely worse than my old A4 TDi but much bigger engine and weight, so ok (ish). I do not drive like a nutter and mway trips are on cruise control at 72mph
try 60 mph without cruise control , you feel those surges as speed is maintained uphill? a fuel waster ... when going up hill you have to drop a bit of speed and going downhill you can do you 72 then and make up a bit and be better off fuel-wise .. you watch Instantaneous fuel consumtion on the dash? you can see where you are going wrong then when you get single figures and low 20's for brief moments . ... tyre pressurs near 40 psi make a difference too .
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:47   #245
jay clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Are you sure? They stay set for a trip, but if you leave the car locked for half an hour or so then they revert back to LH and you have to change to RH again.
100% sure.. Went to Italy and back and every day had a RH warning but lights stayed in RH mode
The Following User Says Thank You to jay clock For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:48   #246
jay clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
try 60 mph without cruise control , you feel those surges as speed is maintained uphill? a fuel waster ... when going up hill you have to drop a bit of speed and going downhill you can do you 72 then and make up a bit and be better off fuel-wise .. you watch Instantaneous fuel consumtion on the dash? you can see where you are going wrong then when you get single figures and low 20's for brief moments . ... tyre pressurs near 40 psi make a difference too .
will try that out!
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:49   #247
jimbg
Master Member

Can I ask if yours is a Sensus car?
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:50   #248
jay clock

Oh and one other thing! The auto-wiper function. On my Audi, you switched it on, it stayed on. With the Volvo you have to switch it on EVERY TIME you get in the car, and it self cancels if you even touch the wiper stalk to make the blades go faster for a short mo.

So it is not auto in that you have to switch it on manually!
The Following User Says Thank You to jay clock For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:51   #249
jay clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Can I ask if yours is a Sensus car?
Just had to look that up and yes it is
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 13:54   #250
jimbg
Master Member

I believe pre-sensus equipped cars had a "pod" display on the top of the dashboard. The sensus cars have all the information displayed on the central screen.

See here: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/vo...c60_2012.shtml