Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hands Free Kit Problem

Views : 1779

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2006, 12:20   #11
b1g1an

You can get the retrofit Volvo bluetooth kit which is basically a very overpriced Motorola kit but with Volvo connectors so it plugs straight in. From what I gather this tackles the mute by chopping into the speaker cables in the same way as the Autoleads do.

If you want to use a completely stand alone system there are no problems, it's only when you want muting or sound through the stereo. The muting can easily be taken care of by getting the AEM and the appropriate software but obviously at a cost, this is proper muting though where the cd or whatever are paused and telephone appears on the display.

I'm intending to fit a Parrot kit to my 2006 V70, not botherred about muting as I'm more than capable of turning the head unit off manually but what i am going to do is use the centre speaker for the phone. It's driven straight from the head unit so avoids the problems you get with the amp driven speakers as it works the way these kits expect. In other words the centre speaker will mute and the phone audio will take it's place.
b1g1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 22:41   #12
mjm295

My after market nokia kit is fine. I had to pay extra for a lead for it to work with the Volvo stereo though. The phone works perfectly with the stereo in 'stereo' mode. Music is cut and voice comes acress the stereo speakers. When the stereo is in Dolby mode, the main speakers mute, but the music still plays "quieter" through the centre speaker. (no big deal to turn the volume down when a call comes in) It takes a second or 2 for the sound to come back to all speakers when I hang up calls.

Works great both with blue tooth and with the pot port lead.

I have a small knob near to the gear knob, that I can use to answer the phone, adjust the phone volume, and make voice activated calls.

IMHO get a nokia

I paid £170 from a mobile fitter guy about 8 months ago.

and

Robin Hood Sub K - 1.8 OHC
www.coventrykitcar.co.uk
mjm295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 16:37   #13
JsR

Default Retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chris
Hello VOC,

3. Failing all of the above, do Volvo dealers retrofit their hands free system. If this is the only solution I may ask my employers to pay for it, you never know?

All help gratefully received.

Big Chris

An option is available as an after-purchase accessory (according to the V70 Pricelist) - it quotes 'from £338.35' including fitting.

Hope this helps

John R
JsR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 17:30   #14
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Default Car Phone Kits

Hi

I am a member on a carphone installers forums. Also one of his satisfied customers.

If you ask your questions over there, you will get answers to your questions.

The company is Sio Communications who are based in Livingston.

There Technical Forums will provide free online support.

Terry Wright is the owner, Diggy is an engineer, and Dee Keenan works for Auto Leads so between them they will find an answer if it can be done.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 18:56   #15
trollmaster

Just had the volvo bluetooth fitted. It works brillantly, mutes the radio, easy to pair and has great voice dialling.... it even allows you to swear at it and the reply is " Say Help "
trollmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 19:10   #16
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollmaster
Just had the volvo bluetooth fitted. It works brillantly, mutes the radio, easy to pair and has great voice dialling.... it even allows you to swear at it and the reply is " Say Help "
how much did that set you back?
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 23:13   #17
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Pack Man

Hi All
I've been trying to get a hands free kit fitted for my D5SE without success. Vodafones installers had tried 7 times to get it working properly till I eventually told them to take it out. They said it was because of the Dolby sound system. Has anyone had similar problems? The phone is a Sony Ericsson V600i if thats any help

Thanks

Iain
Ok heres a solution for you.

All available online from Sio Communications who are in Livingston so could also fit if required.

Parrot CK3100

With leads 06-043B and 06-233B

£168.57 including shipping.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 11:54   #18
trollmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60-MBS
how much did that set you back?
It cost £240, it may sound a lot, but after trying all other handsfree kits I thought it worked out cheaper. The other thing to buy the Motorola and have it fitted it would have worked out around the same price as all the fitters etc around here are charging around £120 to have it fitted.

All I know is that the wiring is a bit of a s*d to get in behind the stereo.
trollmaster is offline   Reply With Quote