Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fog Lights

Views : 1783

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 21:17   #11
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbydoughboy View Post
Has anyone with the latest XC60 had the front fog lights fitted. I was wondering why the newer models dont have the fog lights fitted , surely this is a big safety benefit that volvo would fit as standard. Is it possible to have them fitted as an extra?
The first model XC60 had them and the second model XC60 didn't. I understand it is something to do with the redesigned power steering on later models taking up the space that the fog lights would have used.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 21:20   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
The first model XC60 had them and the second model XC60 didn't. I understand it is something to do with the redesigned power steering on later models taking up the space that the fog lights would have used.

Regards
Or that the place where the fog lights were is where the Daylight LEDs are fitted and they removed them as part of the marketing plan
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 21:24   #13
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Or that the place where the fog lights were is where the Daylight LEDs are fitted and they removed them as part of the marketing plan
That would be the third model XC60 that has the day running lights, so it probably has the same steering set up as the second model XC60, if Volvo are to be believed.

Whatever the reason, it appears that Volvo are removing bits all over the place from each model it brings out!! 12v socket in the boot springs to mind!!!! Probably a cost cutting exercise!!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 21:33   #14
GMcL
0's and 1's

Quote:
The RVLA requires a minimum 100mm between the illuminated surface of any stop light and the illuminated surface of the fog light.
I'm guessing this is the case unless Volvo make wonky cars. I assume the gap on the left is the same as the right as they don't know which side the steering wheel is going on at the design phase.

Quote:
Also, you don't need a GB sticker if you have a euro style number plate
I don't, therefore I do. Hope that makes sense. The Europeans I know think I have changed my name from Arnold Clark to Clive Brook. :-)

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS

Last edited by GMcL; Aug 2nd, 2014 at 21:38.
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 21:40   #15
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
I'm guessing this is the case unless Volvo make wonky cars. I assume the gap on the left is the same as the right as they don't know which side the steering wheel is going on at the design phase.
I agree, I was only pointing this out in case someone thinks that they are too close, have to say I have never confused brake and fog lights on a car.